31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, millefleur said:

Lock people out of their accounts (or at least from posting in forums) unless they update their timelines...? That might be a little mean, just brainstorming here... :devil:

How would you detect a failure to update???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, ram1009 said:

How would you detect a failure to update???

No idea if it is possible or not. I just figured if someone started a timeline (so they at least filled in some of it) and had no updated it for x number of months (assuming within normal processing times as per USCIS), that it would send some kind of message/block from posting in the forum...but again, no idea if this is even a thing. Just wanted to throw it out there in case Ewok has similar ideas.

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Timeline
8 hours ago, millefleur said:

No idea if it is possible or not. I just figured if someone started a timeline (so they at least filled in some of it) and had no updated it for x number of months (assuming within normal processing times as per USCIS), that it would send some kind of message/block from posting in the forum...but again, no idea if this is even a thing. Just wanted to throw it out there in case Ewok has similar ideas.

I've been thinking about this and there might be a way.  It's not possible to force people to update their timeline but it might be possible to compel members to log into their timeline at least once a month or be suspended as "inactive".  I'm thinking that if members log into their timeline page they will update the page while there.  I would.  Inactive members don't necessarily have to be dropped from Igor's list but they should be conspicuously identified and maybe another category added omitting inactive members from the list at the users discretion.  Anybody listening??????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, ram1009 said:

I've been thinking about this and there might be a way.  It's not possible to force people to update their timeline but it might be possible to compel members to log into their timeline at least once a month or be suspended as "inactive".  I'm thinking that if members log into their timeline page they will update the page while there.  I would.  Inactive members don't necessarily have to be dropped from Igor's list but they should be conspicuously identified and maybe another category added omitting inactive members from the list at the users discretion.  Anybody listening??????

These are good ideas!

Ewok does seem to be checking in on this thread, so hopefully he'll read it.

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Timeline changes are typically less than once a month.  We do send out reminders on email but perhaps we could add a pop-up on the site from time to time asking people to update their timeline.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 6/20/2019 at 12:29 PM, Captain Ewok said:

We very much care about Igor’s list. Do you have any suggestions on areas we can improve it?  It shows the under laying data behind those charts. 

Could  I-751 Nebraska Service Center data be added to the list since many of us have either been transferred or directly sent there for processing ?? Currently there is only data from 2009 and nothing going forward.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Captain Ewok said:

Timeline changes are typically less than once a month.  We do send out reminders on email but perhaps we could add a pop-up on the site from time to time asking people to update their timeline.

OK, if timeline changes typically happen in less than a month (except NOA2) then is shouldn't be a burden at all to expect members to log in once a month in order to be considered "active" and remain on Igor's list.  My suggestion is meant to remedy what several people have brought up (including yourself) that the percentages on Igor's list are skewed by the fact that some members fail to update their timelines in a timely manner.  If inactive members could be factored out maybe members would consider the list more realistic.  Personally, I think timelines are the "heartbeat" of VJ and I wouldn't mind more emphasis on keeping them updated.

Timeline
On 6/28/2019 at 1:37 PM, ram1009 said:

OK, if timeline changes typically happen in less than a month (except NOA2) then is shouldn't be a burden at all to expect members to log in once a month in order to be considered "active" and remain on Igor's list.  My suggestion is meant to remedy what several people have brought up (including yourself) that the percentages on Igor's list are skewed by the fact that some members fail to update their timelines in a timely manner.  If inactive members could be factored out maybe members would consider the list more realistic.  Personally, I think timelines are the "heartbeat" of VJ and I wouldn't mind more emphasis on keeping them updated.

So are you thinking last time on the site, or last time their timeline was updated (most do not touch the timeline for several month until they reach a new milestone)?

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Captain Ewok said:

So are you thinking last time on the site, or last time their timeline was updated (most do not touch the timeline for several month until they reach a new milestone)?

I don't think it matters how frequently/infrequently timeline events occur.  When members log on then can be taken directly to their timeline page and a popup banner can tell them that they must update (if necessary) and click "save".  Clicking save allows them to leave the page whether they have updated or not.  My feeling is that if their timeline is right in front of them they will update it if necessary.  Once they click "save" they are considered active again for purposes of Igor's list.  Inactive members should be grayed out on Igor's list or possibly removed entirely since their inclusion in the math can only skew any conclusions.

Of course, I'm looking at this from the outside and you have a much better vantage point to judge if this would accomplish its goals.  I think you all  have done a good job so far so I'm sure you'll make the right choice.

Timeline
On 7/3/2019 at 10:42 PM, ram1009 said:

I don't think it matters how frequently/infrequently timeline events occur.  When members log on then can be taken directly to their timeline page and a popup banner can tell them that they must update (if necessary) and click "save".  Clicking save allows them to leave the page whether they have updated or not.  My feeling is that if their timeline is right in front of them they will update it if necessary.  Once they click "save" they are considered active again for purposes of Igor's list.  Inactive members should be grayed out on Igor's list or possibly removed entirely since their inclusion in the math can only skew any conclusions.

Of course, I'm looking at this from the outside and you have a much better vantage point to judge if this would accomplish its goals.  I think you all  have done a good job so far so I'm sure you'll make the right choice.

I forgot to mention one thing.  My  plan would require an "inactivity timeout" meaning that members would automatically be logged out after a period (maybe an hour) of inactivity on the site.  Otherwise, members would (as I do) stay logged in permanently between visits.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Request members put their USCIS numbers, and automatically pull data from "old" site. The Receipt number doesn't need to be made visible to anybody, except the owner of the timeline. This is not different from what gazillion of Android apps do. And someone actually created scanning website at some point that polled that data as well, but I think he stopped maintaining it. 

It is relatively easy to automate polling "old" site. I have personal spread sheet that just that https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do?appReceiptNum=MSCXXXXXXXXXX substitute XXXXXXXXXX for your numbers and MSC for WAC or what have you. 

Now I do believe USCIS will lock you out after however many scans, so one will have to be mindful of that, or use multiple servers/VPNs. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Request members put their USCIS numbers, and automatically pull data from "old" site. The Receipt number doesn't need to be made visible to anybody, except the owner of the timeline. This is not different from what gazillion of Android apps do. And someone actually created scanning website at some point that polled that data as well, but I think he stopped maintaining it. 

It is relatively easy to automate polling "old" site. I have personal spread sheet that just that https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do?appReceiptNum=MSCXXXXXXXXXX substitute XXXXXXXXXX for your numbers and MSC for WAC or what have you. 

Now I do believe USCIS will lock you out after however many scans, so one will have to be mindful of that, or use multiple servers/VPNs. 

The lat part is what's tough.  We would want to pull several hundred k inquiries per day...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Captain Ewok said:

The lat part is what's tough.  We would want to pull several hundred k inquiries per day...

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for VJ branded USCIS tracker app :) with adsense support. Spread the polling across people using the app.

Timeline

All ideas are on the table :-).  If you are a developer, let's talk!

• 3 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 7/13/2019 at 6:36 PM, Captain Ewok said:

All ideas are on the table 🙂

Sorry to resurrect a dormant thread... 💀

But as I'm currently an I130 filer, I've been more active in using this site once again (many moons ago, on a different account, did an F1 AOS for the now ex... 🥴)

But I do actually do quite a bit of "software user feedback" in my current role, though I'm not a developer. Some comments from me about Igor's List and the Trends page, related to I130.

• It seems like the I130 Trends page has a chart for NBC, but this is 'old', if I understand correctly. Additionally, the I130 trends page doesn't have a chart for Potomac?
  • Igors List (looking at I130 timelines) doesn't match up with timelines that reflect a transfer of service center:image.thumb.png.933f5c14d6cf2f99a3de92eb74d2bfd0.png
    image.png.aaed9b13fc902b18322095d885209e82.png

You can see in this example, that Npher, Jen, and Lecitania were all transfers, but they show up on Igor's List for TSC... and yet Samuel doesn't show up on TSC, even though not a transfer? (Does Samuel not show up on the list, because their PD was >12mo in the past? Just thinking, this might be an artifact of when filing times were 6-8 mo, instead of 10+, and so now we have data falling out of the desired viewing range...)

• Last thing, is when using the timeline explorer, I often switch to Advanced Mode to get more detail. The page stays like this, until I choose to filter by "Serv. Center (Xfer)" and click Set Filter, then it switches back to normal view (and if I click Advanced mode, it then removes the Transfer Service Center filter.) I've found that I can manually work around it by adding the "&adv=1" to the parameter arguments string in the URL, which is fine for me...