5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all! I would like to share with everyone what I did after receiving the visa interview eligibility letter from the US Embassy in Manila: I sent an e-mail confirming that I have completed my DS-160, as instructed in the letter. I'd like to show y'all how I wrote the e-mail and how the Embassy responded; just so you guys would get an idea of what worked for me and what to expect. I know this matter a trifle, but maybe it'll help someone out there anyways. :P

To give you an idea of my progress, here is my timeline summary (2019):

Sent I-129F - Jan. 24
NOA1 - Jan. 30 (6 days)
NOA2 - Apr. 18 (78 days)
Case# - May 9 (21 days)
Ready - Jun. 3 (25 days)
Eligibility Letter - Jun. 6 (dated), but received in the mail Jun. 14

The eligibility letter says:

"...You should notify the Embassy by e-mail at support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com once the DS-160 has been completed."
and:
"When communicating with the Embassy by telephone, e-mail, letter, or fax, always refer to your name, case number and visa category as they appear below. Sincerely, Immigrant Visa Unit"
(Your info comes right after this part)

With these in mind, here is a template of how I constructed my e-mail:

image.thumb.png.5e7183bd81ad72ea5592678905659e11.png

Notes:
(1) For the header, I inserted Visa: K1 as it was not on the bottom section.
(2) I attached the 2-page PDF file of the Confirmation Page, not just page 1 (although I think they only needed that one, I went for the safer route).
(3) I sent the e-mail on Friday afternoon and got the response Monday afternoon.

After 1 business day, this was the embassy's e-mail response:

image.thumb.png.5337f20d8776b42808a8aa30a1dc2721.png
Welp. That's me trying to be useful. 😂

Good luck to everyone!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

For others. 

Don't need to wait for the eligibility letter.  Do watch status on CEAC, once you see READY then you can schedule your interview.

Don't need to notify the embassy that you completed the DS-160.  Do need to print out a copy of the DS-160 confirmation page to bring to the interview.   As you can see from the reply the embassy sent.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Don't need to notify the embassy that you completed the DS-160.

Oof. My bad. I thought the letter instructions are to be strictly followed. This thread/topic should probably be deleted?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Del A. said:

Oof. My bad. I thought the letter instructions are to be strictly followed. This thread/topic should probably be deleted?

While you may not need to notify,  you are not harmed if you do 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Del A. said:

No harm, after all it is the "official" way  ;)    

If you go by your timeline;  CEAC status was READY on the 3rd of June, at that time you could have scheduled your interview.    You didn't receive the letter until the 14th ...11 days sitting around burnin daylight.      For those trying to get done quickly ..    will you get the idea.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.