TandMApproved

K1 Visa CEAC Status Stuck On "Application Received"?

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 minutes ago, EffyEngland said:

:( no update for me either! Hate the waiting and no one even touching the case is so frustrating! Atleast if there was an update we’d know they were working on it! 

Yeah it really is a tough situation to be in. I just wish that the times given in the status updates themselves were a bit more accurate. Like the fact that my status stayed at “application received” for 8 days instead of getting an update within 2 business like described. And the officer themselves saying the passport and visa should be in hand within a week. Like I get that things happen, but this is a huge deal and one of the biggest things people will do in their lives. I know people will accuse us of not being patient and saying that this can take a long time, but it really can’t be helped at this point. All we want is to see our loved ones and start the next chapter in our lives with them. I’m  tempted to send another email if I don’t get an update tomorrow, the day after they replied to the first one I sent is when I switched to NI AP. Probably a coincidence but it’ll make me feel better 😂

Edited by TandMApproved

Timeline
8 minutes ago, TandMApproved said:

Yeah it really is a tough situation to be in. I just wish that the times given in the status updates themselves were a bit more accurate. Like the fact that my status stayed at “application received” for 8 days instead of getting an update within 2 business like described. And the officer themselves saying the passport and visa should be in hand within a week. Like I get that things happen, but this is a huge deal and one of the biggest things people will do in their lives. I know people will accuse us of not being patient and saying that this can take a long time, but it really can’t be helped at this point. All we want is to see our loved ones and start the next chapter in our lives with them. I’m  tempted to send another email if I don’t get an update tomorrow, the day after they replied to the first one I sent is when I switched to NI AP. Probably a coincidence but it’ll make me feel better 😂

I know it really is the biggest decision I’ve ever made. The worst part is you can’t move on with your life for a while during this limbo! I can’t book flights I can’t send my wedding invitations out until it says issued!!! :( I emailed them again this morning but I had no reply all day unless they reply tomorrow! 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, EffyEngland said:

I know it really is the biggest decision I’ve ever made. The worst part is you can’t move on with your life for a while during this limbo! I can’t book flights I can’t send my wedding invitations out until it says issued!!! :( I emailed them again this morning but I had no reply all day unless they reply tomorrow! 

More often than not it takes them about 3-5 days to reply. I sent an email out on a Saturday and got a reply on a Monday, so the turn around was pretty quick but generally speaking I think people get replies in a few days. The limbo is definitely the hardest part. It’s like everything is on pause

Timeline
Just now, TandMApproved said:

More often than not it takes them about 3-5 days to reply. I sent an email out on a Saturday and got a reply on a Monday, so the turn around was pretty quick but generally speaking I think people get replies in a few days. The limbo is definitely the hardest part. It’s like everything is on pause

Ah okay thanks for letting me know :)  it really does feel like our lives are on hold; and I keep having nightmares and not being able to sleep cause I’m constantly thinking about it. I know there’s no use in analysing why it’s stuck. I really wonder if there is some sort of backlog? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, EffyEngland said:

Ah okay thanks for letting me know :)  it really does feel like our lives are on hold; and I keep having nightmares and not being able to sleep cause I’m constantly thinking about it. I know there’s no use in analysing why it’s stuck. I really wonder if there is some sort of backlog? 

I don’t know for certain, but I’m assuming that there’s a big chunk of people getting visas for travel as it’s the summer and people are going on holidays. Then I also think a lot of students are applying for visas to study abroad so that’s adding to it. The cherry on top is also the possibility that people working at the embassy are taking vacations/holidays with their families too since it’s summer. Based upon people that replied to this thread so far, there’s 3 here who are currently waiting longer than cases that were slightly earlier. Curious to see if anyone else sees this thread and chimes in. I know it doesn’t change anything, but at least there are others experiencing waiting times rather than only a single person. Again, still isn’t great but at least it’s likely not a huge problem with the individual cases so much as a possible backlog at the embassy!

Timeline
Just now, TandMApproved said:

I don’t know for certain, but I’m assuming that there’s a big chunk of people getting visas for travel as it’s the summer and people are going on holidays. Then I also think a lot of students are applying for visas to study abroad so that’s adding to it. The cherry on top is also the possibility that people working at the embassy are taking vacations/holidays with their families too since it’s summer. Based upon people that replied to this thread so far, there’s 3 here who are currently waiting longer than cases that were slightly earlier. Curious to see if anyone else sees this thread and chimes in. I know it doesn’t change anything, but at least there are others experiencing waiting times rather than only a single person. Again, still isn’t great but at least it’s likely not a huge problem with the individual cases so much as a possible backlog at the embassy!

Yes exactly that’s what everyone has been saying to re assure me! When I went to the embassy it was rammed for a people and you’re right with everything you said in terms of students holidays etc! It’s just frustrating when previous scales are like 3 days after interview! I haven’t seen anyone else recently say they’ve been to interview in London either? Hoping that it is a backlog and nothing else! 

Timeline

No change yet again for me today, been in NI AP for a week now. Really hoping I see that it's issued within the next few days as this wait is killing me! I know others have endured waits longer, still is a tough situation regardless though!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, TandMApproved said:

No change yet again for me today, been in NI AP for a week now. Really hoping I see that it's issued within the next few days as this wait is killing me! I know others have endured waits longer, still is a tough situation regardless though!

Still in the same situation too. Does anyone else know if anything is going on in London? 

Edited by EffyEngland

Timeline
9 minutes ago, EffyEngland said:

Still in the same situation too. Does anyone else know if anything is going on in London? 

If anyone that's recently had an interview within the last couple weeks could chime in and let us know how the case is going, it would be greatly appreciated!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Hey guys just be patient, it's annoying very annoying but I have been stuck for 5 weeks on ready status, the site updates but nothing else, I know I'm from a different country and different case but still for immigrant visa,  wishing you best of luck during this annoying restless period. Good luck 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Adam A said:

Hey guys just be patient, it's annoying very annoying but I have been stuck for 5 weeks on ready status, the site updates but nothing else, I know I'm from a different country and different case but still for immigrant visa,  wishing you best of luck during this annoying restless period. Good luck 

5 weeks? Dang that’s really annoying. Technically the K1 is a nonimmigrant visa, but just processed by people that also handle immigrant visas. But thanks though, really hoping I get good news soon because usually London is quick and they didn’t request additional information from us at all!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TandMApproved said:

5 weeks? Dang that’s really annoying. Technically the K1 is a nonimmigrant visa, but just processed by people that also handle immigrant visas. But thanks though, really hoping I get good news soon because usually London is quick and they didn’t request additional information from us at all!

Oh I apologize I didn't notice that part ,just wanted to chip in since I know exactly the frustration you guys feel that's all ,I hope your right about "London is quick " .best of luck guys and you will hear something soon I hope .

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Adam A said:

Oh I apologize I didn't notice that part ,just wanted to chip in since I know exactly the frustration you guys feel that's all ,I hope your right about "London is quick " .best of luck guys and you will hear something soon I hope .

It's all good and yeah it really is frustrating, especially when you're told it's only going to take a week to get the visa when it's been 2 and a half weeks now!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, TandMApproved said:

It's all good and yeah it really is frustrating, especially when you're told it's only going to take a week to get the visa when it's been 2 and a half weeks now!

I hear you,  they told me 2 weeks and this is my 5th and worst part about is we can do a damn thing but wait. 

Timeline
On 6/25/2019 at 8:02 AM, TandMApproved said:

If anyone that's recently had an interview within the last couple weeks could chime in and let us know how the case is going, it would be greatly appreciated!

Just wanted to chime in if anyone is worried with an upcoming interview. Interview was Wednesday, visa is with the courier today. I've seen a couple people who were waiting have gotten their visas too, so it seems like if there was a backlog it's been resolved?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.