TandMApproved

K1 Visa CEAC Status Stuck On "Application Received"?

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My fiancé had her K1 interview in London on June 10, 2019, was approved, and left her passport. They didn't require any additional info or request anything else from us. That being said, her application status has been stuck on "Application Received" and was last updated on the day of her interview. The person interviewing her said that she'd have her passport back in 1 week as she was getting ready to leave. I've heard of administrative processing,  but I haven't seen much around on "Application Received" and then getting no updates at all from there. I think it even said we should check back after 2 business days, but it's been longer than that. I'll post a screenshot of the message we're getting when we try and check the status. Anyone going through the same right now with London? Any input is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 5.34.03 PM.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Going through this too at the moment. Case created on the 10th, last update on the 13th. According to greenbaum, he says once they are ready to issue the visa, status changes to non-immigrant “application received”. Stay calm bro, it is coming any day from Monday. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Drenimarcus said:

Going through this too at the moment. Case created on the 10th, last update on the 13th. According to greenbaum, he says once they are ready to issue the visa, status changes to non-immigrant “application received”. Stay calm bro, it is coming any day from Monday. 

Appreciate you chiming in, thanks for the info. This whole thing has been so stressful, can't wait for it to be over haha!

Timeline
35 minutes ago, TandMApproved said:

Appreciate you chiming in, thanks for the info. This whole thing has been so stressful, can't wait for it to be over haha!

Honestly, can’t wait for this final wait to be over. Enjoy your weekend 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, TandMApproved said:

Hello everyone,

My fiancé had her K1 interview in London on June 10, 2019, was approved, and left her passport. They didn't require any additional info or request anything else from us. That being said, her application status has been stuck on "Application Received" and was last updated on the day of her interview. The person interviewing her said that she'd have her passport back in 1 week as she was getting ready to leave. I've heard of administrative processing,  but I haven't seen much around on "Application Received" and then getting no updates at all from there. I think it even said we should check back after 2 business days, but it's been longer than that. I'll post a screenshot of the message we're getting when we try and check the status. Anyone going through the same right now with London? Any input is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 5.34.03 PM.png

That is very typical after the interview in London. It may switch back and forth between that and AP. Also normal. Dates will change. It says immigrant right now because the Immigrant Visa Unit is doing the processing. They will switch your status to Nonimmigrant toward the end. It could say Nonimmigrant AP. No worries that something has gone wrong unless your AP status remains like two weeks.  The time all this takes and the changes are different for everybody in London so there's nothing standard about it really. When it says Issued, you know it's officially approved. They hand it off to the courier to package up for delivery. You will get an email in 1-2 days after it says Issued that gives you delivery tracking info. Usually your delivery will be the day after the email unless a weekend or bank holiday interferes. 

Yours is a bit slow. I would have guessed for a June 10 interview, that delivery would have been June 17 (one week). 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

That is very typical after the interview in London. It may switch back and forth between that and AP. Also normal. Dates will change. It says immigrant right now because the Immigrant Visa Unit is doing the processing. They will switch your status to Nonimmigrant toward the end. It could say Nonimmigrant AP. No worries that something has gone wrong unless your AP status remains like two weeks.  The time all this takes and the changes are different for everybody in London so there's nothing standard about it really. When it says Issued, you know it's officially approved. They hand it off to the courier to package up for delivery. You will get an email in 1-2 days after it says Issued that gives you delivery tracking info. Usually your delivery will be the day after the email unless a weekend or bank holiday interferes. 

Yours is a bit slow. I would have guessed for a June 10 interview, that delivery would have been June 17 (one week). 

Yeah it does seem a bit slow, like the status hasn't changed at all since the interview day. It does however say Non-Immigrant at the top there, so I guess that's a good sign? I've done some reading on other posts around here and have seen that it does start out saying immigrant, then change over. I don't recall if our status ever said immigrant to begin with, but hopefully it's really close to being issued... I've seen so many posts where it goes into AP and out so fast that more often than not, you don't even notice that it did. Trying to stay positive, I'm honestly so over the stress of this K1 process, can't wait for it ti be over!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

See if it shakes loose on Monday. If not, use the contact form to ask if somebody will please check that it didn't get lost in the shuffle since there has been no date or status change since interview date June 10. If there was any slight problem/delay with approval security checks, it would typically say AP during that wait. But that is dependent on a person actually updating the locate or status and people don't always do their job. My greencard status said it was still processing (not approved) for over a year after I had received it in the mail. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

See if it shakes loose on Monday. If not, use the contact form to ask if somebody will please check that it didn't get lost in the shuffle since there has been no date or status change since interview date June 10. If there was any slight problem/delay with approval security checks, it would typically say AP during that wait. But that is dependent on a person actually updating the locate or status and people don't always do their job. My greencard status said it was still processing (not approved) for over a year after I had received it in the mail. 

Yeah I feel like that's the best course of action to take. Also in regards to your green card, that's insane how it still said it was processing when you had it for a year. Fingers crossed if we get an email about courier details and picking the visa up, and the status never changes then honestly I'll take that too haha

Timeline
11 hours ago, TandMApproved said:

Yeah I feel like that's the best course of action to take. Also in regards to your green card, that's insane how it still said it was processing when you had it for a year. Fingers crossed if we get an email about courier details and picking the visa up, and the status never changes then honestly I'll take that too haha

Hey man, any updates?

Timeline
Just now, Drenimarcus said:

Hey man, any updates?

Sadly nothing so far, still the same status. I sent an email to the embassy on Saturday so I'm hoping they'll either reply with some useful info, not reply but see the email and give our case a "nudge" like others have noticed after emailing, or both. Praying that we aren't one of those cases where it takes months to get the visa. It's so hard to stay calm, positive, and happy when your case literally hasn't been touched once since the interview...

Timeline
1 minute ago, TandMApproved said:

Sadly nothing so far, still the same status. I sent an email to the embassy on Saturday so I'm hoping they'll either reply with some useful info, not reply but see the email and give our case a "nudge" like others have noticed after emailing, or both. Praying that we aren't one of those cases where it takes months to get the visa. It's so hard to stay calm, positive, and happy when your case literally hasn't been touched once since the interview...

Yes same here, sent them an email too. Wishing us God speed and good news this week, will update if anything shows up here

Timeline
Just now, Drenimarcus said:

Yes same here, sent them an email too. Wishing us God speed and good news this week, will update if anything shows up here

I'm hoping for the same as well and will definitely update once anything new happens. Was really looking forward to my fiancé possibly coming home this week, seems like that's not going to happen. This just needs to be over already...

Timeline
1 minute ago, TandMApproved said:

I'm hoping for the same as well and will definitely update once anything new happens. Was really looking forward to my fiancé possibly coming home this week, seems like that's not going to happen. This just needs to be over already...

My fiancée is even here with me, she returns on Friday, now we praying and hoping we get this done before Friday. We will get it this week God willing. All the best man!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

same thing happened to me. It didn't change to AP at all, it stayed like this until it changed to ISSUED a week later

for context- interview 31st May, status changed to Issued Friday 7th, in hand Monday 10th. 

K1 Visa             

Sent - 26th Aug 2018

NOA1 -  6th Sept 2018

NOA2 -  23rd Feb 2019

NVC sent to embassy - 2nd April 2019

Medical - 21st May 2019

Interview - 31st May 2019

Approved! 

K-1 in hand - 10th June 2019

POE - 4th July 2019

Timeline
1 hour ago, Seanandrach said:

same thing happened to me. It didn't change to AP at all, it stayed like this until it changed to ISSUED a week later

for context- interview 31st May, status changed to Issued Friday 7th, in hand Monday 10th. 

Wow! Crazy! But I will take that lol

Edited by Drenimarcus

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.