Anya2019

PLEASE HELP! family petition but the beneficiary is dead

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hello! Please help maybe some of you have the same case with my relative. 

His father died last 2004 ( Philippines ) with a pending petition from his grandmother ( United States citizen ).

They recently received the letter saying that his dad should start the process in migrating to the US. 

As children, should they go to the nearest US Embassy to check maybe they have a pending petition also or will the petition also applies to the children? 

Maybe some of you have the number to contact or email , I have been trying to call the USCIS call center but they don't have an option for the customer service agent.

Really appreciate your help!

Thank you very much

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, kisseslaarni said:

His father died last 2004 ( Philippines ) with a pending petition from his grandmother ( United States citizen ).

They recently received the letter saying that his dad should start the process in migrating to the US. 

As children, should they go to the nearest US Embassy to check maybe they have a pending petition also or will the petition also applies to the children? 

Maybe some of you have the number to contact or email , I have been trying to call the USCIS call center but they don't have an option for the customer service agent.

Thank you very much

Why are you trying to call USCIS?  the petition is at NVC 

YMMV

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
22 minutes ago, kisseslaarni said:

Thank you very much 

What kind of visa is your relative seeking?  More information is necessary.....:help:

You should ask your relative to open a VJ account for themselves,:idea: so far, you have mentioned many different relatives, alive and dead.....

Edited by Pitaya (火龙果)

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is the petitioner, the grandmother even alive still? There's more info needed.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

When the Beneficiary dies the petition dies?

Sounds like there is a Dependent who wishes to still immigrate to the US?

PI Married Child, now deceased?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Thank you all for all your responses. 

They live in the Philippines where internet access is not that okay. 

I just asked them... 

the grandmother live in san francisco  (died last year ) petitioned his son ( died 2004 ). The children just received the petition letter from NVC that their father ( beneficiary who died 2004 ) can now start the petition process, complete the requirements and have his interview scheduled to migrate to the United States. 

His children now are trying to know if it is possible that the whole family was included on the said petition. They wanted to inquire if it also applies to them. Like maybe, just maybe there is also a pending petition for them even their dad died last 2004. By any chance maybe you could help me who to contact just to ask about the NVC case number of their dad’s pending petition. 

If not, do you think its better to try to apply as a tourist here in the US. 

Thank you so much for all your time. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, kisseslaarni said:

Thank you all for all your responses. 

They live in the Philippines where internet access is not that okay. 

I just asked them... 

the grandmother live in san francisco  (died last year ) petitioned his son ( died 2004 ). The children just received the petition letter from NVC that their father ( beneficiary who died 2004 ) can now start the petition process, complete the requirements and have his interview scheduled to migrate to the United States. 

His children now are trying to know if it is possible that the whole family was included on the said petition. They wanted to inquire if it also applies to them. Like maybe, just maybe there is also a pending petition for them even their dad died last 2004. By any chance maybe you could help me who to contact just to ask about the NVC case number of their dad’s pending petition. 

If not, do you think its better to try to apply as a tourist here in the US. 

Thank you so much for all your time. 

It sounds like the petitioner and the beneficiary are both deceased, like millimelo said, no living beneficiary, no derivatives.

What would be the purpose of applying for a tourist visa to the US? If it is to visit, the people could apply on their own. If the purpose of applying for a tourist visa to the US is for immigration purposes, that is immigration fraud, and is illegal. There are serious consequences if the consular official at the tourist visa interview determines that it is attempted immigration fraud. I would suggest that you tell your relative's family to not try to commit immigration fraud.

Edited by Pitaya (火龙果)

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Bringing Family of USC, from AOS Family~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If they want to visit a Tourist Visa would be appropriate. Which would also govern which forum this thread should be in.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.