Jvs112009

Tickets from Philippines to US

37 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

I have an APEC card.  Usually get the diplomat line and a bunch of stares.   Fastest way to go!

Hmmm.  How do they verify business use?  My company works all over the world.  Do I need something from them?  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Or  ..   Freudian Slip

Image result for Freudian Slip

Wow. My fingers are challenged today. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

I would never cut in line and I do that because the first trip they directed me there because they treated me as a senior citizen.  I just never stopped doing it and they have never questioned me.  I guess I don't understand how waiting an hour is a sign of respect.  Actually, that does explain why filipinos are so schedule challenged.  Just a different culture.  In the US they say that time is money.  We are much more schedule oriented than the Philippines.

I was also directed to use the OFW entrance by the guard as well, that is how I found that little trick. 

ChickBoy

1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

How do they verify business use?  My company works all over the world.  Do I need something from them?  

You just tell them you travel to APEC region.  Take your passport in. For an USC it is pretty simple as it does not function as a VISA.  US and Canada are transitional members and the US will never become a full member.   It is a great card to have.  I have made tight connections at MNL because of it.    I see people bringing thru their families on the card but that isn't an allowed purpose.  In some countries they get turned around and sent back thru the regular lanes.

Mary and I also have the frequent travel barcode for Kong Hong.  Saves time there too.  It is free and  you can either get it with airline status or on the for time thru HKG in  year.

I  know you want to go back to PI.  I go back a few times a year to speak at conferences.  But Mary doesn't like to go in July (rainy season)  plus I'm in and out in 3 to 5 days anyways.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

18 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

You just tell them you travel to APEC region.  Take your passport in. For an USC it is pretty simple as it does not function as a VISA.  US and Canada are transitional members and the US will never become a full member.   It is a great card to have.  I have made tight connections at MNL because of it.    I see people bringing thru their families on the card but that isn't an allowed purpose.  In some countries they get turned around and sent back thru the regular lanes.

Mary and I also have the frequent travel barcode for Kong Hong.  Saves time there too.  It is free and  you can either get it with airline status or on the for time thru HKG in  year.

I  know you want to go back to PI.  I go back a few times a year to speak at conferences.  But Mary doesn't like to go in July (rainy season)  plus I'm in and out in 3 to 5 days anyways.

I think I will run to the airport this afternoon.  My flights to and from always go through HKG since I am a Marco Polo Silver member with Cathay Pacific.  How do I get the Frequent visit certificate from Hong Kong?

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

14 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I think I will run to the airport this afternoon.  My flights to and from always go through HKG since I am a Marco Polo Silver member with Cathay Pacific.  How do I get the Frequent visit certificate from Hong Kong?

Go thru immigration but before you leave the area to baggage claim go to the left or right and down at the end there is an office.   They are both open at different times.  Fill out the form.  make sure you take the Marco Polo card with you.  Super easy!   You just use your passport bio page to get in and out of the e-gates.

https://onemileatatime.com/hong-kong-e-channel-immigration/

Edited by Paul & Mary

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.