kev_n_jena

CFO Sticker

19 posts in this topic

My fiance took her CFO seminar in Cebu and she has the documentation proving that. Does anyone know if she can get her sticker in Manila after she receives her visa? I sure hope she doesn't have to go back to Cebu but it would really suprise me if she did!

Thanks for any replies!

Kevin

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

My fiance took her CFO seminar in Cebu and she has the documentation proving that. Does anyone know if she can get her sticker in Manila after she receives her visa? I sure hope she doesn't have to go back to Cebu but it would really suprise me if she did!

Thanks for any replies!

Kevin

i think ive heard a couple of girls did that and they have it stamped in manila. let your fiancee call the CFO office in quirino (manila) to make sure

Edited by ronmay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Thanks for any replies!

Kevin

i think ive heard a couple of girls did that and they have it stamped in manila. let your fiancee call the CFO office in quirino (manila) to make sure

oops, i meant to say it WOULDN'T really surprise me if she did. :P

(I can't spell or type.....waaaaaaa)

Kev n Jena

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Thanks for any replies!

Kevin

I concur with RonMay. Since your beloved has the G&C Certificate, it theoretically/logically should not matter which CFO location applies the "sticker" to her passport/visa. However, you should call the CFO in Manila to verify. We all know that logic and theory are sometimes out the window when it comes to some policies, procedures, or practices.

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for any replies!

Kevin

I concur with RonMay. Since your beloved has the G&C Certificate, it theoretically/logically should not matter which CFO location applies the "sticker" to her passport/visa. However, you should call the CFO in Manila to verify. We all know that logic and theory are sometimes out the window when it comes to some policies, procedures, or practices.

Especially in the Philippines! :whistle:

Married on 11/21/06 in her hometown city Tumauini located in the Isabela province (Republic of the Philippines)

I-129 Timeline

12/12/06 - Mailed I-129 package to Chicago Service Center

12/14/06 - Received by Chicago Service Center

12/18/06 - NOA1 notice date from Missouri (NBC)

12/21/06 - NOA1 received in mail

12/27, 12/29, 12/31 - Touches

01/06/07 - Transfered to California Service Center

01/11/07 - Arrived at California Service Center

1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 2/6 - Touches

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail

02/15/07 - Arrived at the NVC - MNL case # assigned

02/20/07 - Sent to US Embassy in Manila

02/26/07 - Received at Embassy

03/30/07 - Packet 4 received

05/09/07 - Medical scheduled (did early)

05/16/07 - Interview

05/23/07 - Visa Delivered

05/25/07 - POE in Newark, NJ

I-130 Timeline

11/27/06 - Mailed I-130 package to Texas Service Center

11/29/06 - Package received by Texas Service Center

12/06/06 - NOA1 notice date from California Service Center

12/09/06 - Touch

12/11/06 - NOA1 received in mail

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail (I-130 held at CSC)

--------------------

Pinoy Info Forum - For the members of Asawa.org in diaspora

I have a friend who had her CFO sticker done here at Quirino, Manila but she took her counselling at Cebu city...no prob at all! to be sure why not call at CFO manila?!

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

May 16, 2011~ mailed N-400

May 20, 2011~ received NOA1

May 31, 2011~ Biometrics letter received sked June 1st

June 01,2011~ Biometrics appt. DONE!

June 23, 2011~ email notification scheduled for Testing and Interview

June 27, 2011~ received interview letter by mail

Aug 01, 2011~ interview at Atlanta GA, PASSED!

Aug 05, 2011~ Oath taking at 1pm

ROC TIMELINE

Nov. 30, 2009~mailed I-751 (VSC)

Dec. 03, 2009~Extension letter and NOA1 received

Jan. 04, 2010~ Biometrics at Metairie, LA

March 10, 2010~ approved!

March 13, 2010~ approval notice sent

March 15, 2010~ received approval letter and GC in mail!

I have a friend who had her CFO sticker done here at Quirino, Manila but she took her counselling at Cebu city...no prob at all! to be sure why not call at CFO manila?!

THANKS ALL, it's getting closer now!

Kevin

Kev n Jena

Timeline

I wanted to add that if the petitioner is with the beneficiary while getting the CFO sticker the petitioner is not allowed to go into the room with the beneficiary. I waited in the main area with the guard and chit-chatted with him. In fact, he asked who my wife was and went to talk to someone inside. She was the 2nd one finished so I think he helped us. :)

Married on 11/21/06 in her hometown city Tumauini located in the Isabela province (Republic of the Philippines)

I-129 Timeline

05/16/07 - Interview

I-130 Timeline

12/09/06 - Touch

--------------------

I wanted to add that if the petitioner is with the beneficiary while getting the CFO sticker the petitioner is not allowed to go into the room with the beneficiary. I waited in the main area with the guard and chit-chatted with him. In fact, he asked who my wife was and went to talk to someone inside. She was the 2nd one finished so I think he helped us. :)

robor's right. those only who've got business inside is allowed to get in the main waiting area/office. the rest, sorry but have to wait outside.

to edit:

like my mom. she had to wait outside the building chatting with the vendors. lol. poor mom. i miss her

Edited by ronmay

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

As long as you already have the Yellow Certificate (Counseling Attendance), you can get the stamp and Green Certificate at Any CFO Office (MAnila, QC or Cebu).

CFO at Quirino AVe. -> they have an air conditioned waiting room, that is where my husband waited. At the lobby, the guard told us my husband can wait there (downstairs, at their parking lot /basement) and it is nice because it is air-con and he does not have to wait outside the building, and it would have been hot to stay and wait outside the building...(last April 27).

Good luck!

Edited by vsmtghdy

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for any replies!

Kevin

Sheriff, so what is the corect procedure? Can the fiance take the seminar before getting her visa? My fiance MJ has her passport already so if she took this seminar to get it out of the way what would she do then? Neither of us have the patience for this,hahahaha. This is truly a test of patience to say the least and something that I hope I never have to repeat in this life time again.

How long is the seminar?

Thanks,

Charlie

Edited by busycharlie

MJ & Charlie

Removing of Conditions on Residency (I-751)

01-12-10 Packed received at CSC

01-12-10 NOA1

Biometrics wasn't required, they skipped that part

02-03-10 NOA2 I-797C APPROVED!

Timeline

Thanks for any replies!

Kevin

Sheriff, so what is the corect procedure? Can the fiance take the seminar before getting her visa? My fiance MJ has her passport already so if she took this seminar to get it out of the way what would she do then? Neither of us have the patience for this,hahahaha. This is truly a test of patience to say the least and something that I hope I never have to repeat in this life time again.

How long is the seminar?

Thanks,

Charlie

Yes, she can take the CFO seminar early. I don't know the expiration on the seminar but I know taking it early is okay. I think Lina did it about 2 months prior to her interview. It's a good idea to get it out of the way early so after the visa arrives all you need to do is get the CFO sticker. Good luck! :thumbs:

Edit: Hopefully someone else can answer how long the seminar is. I know getting the CFO sticker took about 30-45 minutes and we got there right after they opened but there was 15-20 people ahead of us.

Edited by Robor007

I-129 Timeline

05/16/07 - Interview

I-130 Timeline

12/09/06 - Touch

--------------------

Thanks for any replies!

Kevin

How long is the seminar?

Thanks,

Charlie

Yes, she can take the CFO seminar early. I don't know the expiration on the seminar but I know taking it early is okay. I think Lina did it about 2 months prior to her interview. It's a good idea to get it out of the way early so after the visa arrives all you need to do is get the CFO sticker. Good luck! :thumbs:

Edit: Hopefully someone else can answer how long the seminar is. I know getting the CFO sticker took about 30-45 minutes and we got there right after they opened but there was 15-20 people ahead of us.

all i know, when i had my cfo they only told us to keep my cfo sticker/certificate forever so i wouldnt have to do it all over again or have an affidavit of lost which we will expensively pay for it. that just "incase" your marriage didnt work out and you fall inlove again to another "foriegner", they told us that you can use that old certificate for the 2nd time or next marriage... lol... they stapled the certificate in our passport so its all in one place wherever you go

Edited by ronmay

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

i forgot,,,, asking if how long is the seminar would last? just 2 and half hrs give or take, so if you're taking it in the PRISM (taft ave) you could run to quirino manila to get a certificate before they closes at 5pm. then when you have the visa already, you just have to get back and tell you've paid (dont lose the receipt) show them the receipt and the certificate then wait for your name to be called again. most likely an hr or so depending on the crowd

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
i forgot,,,, asking if how long is the seminar would last? just 2 and half hrs give or take, so if you're taking it in the PRISM (taft ave) you could run to quirino manila to get a certificate before they closes at 5pm. then when you have the visa already, you just have to get back and tell you've paid (dont lose the receipt) show them the receipt and the certificate then wait for your name to be called again. most likely an hr or so depending on the crowd

She will take it in Cebu. Will she be able to get everything there as well as in Manila? I hate for her to go to Cebu then find out for some strange reason again that she has to go to Manila to get the Cert. or sticker. It seems like there are so many variables with going through the K1 visa process. Every time you turn the corner there is another missed step or something that wasn't mentioned. Grrrrrrr.

Thanks,

charlie

MJ & Charlie

Removing of Conditions on Residency (I-751)

01-12-10 Packed received at CSC

01-12-10 NOA1

Biometrics wasn't required, they skipped that part

02-03-10 NOA2 I-797C APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.