sharon1611

Ir-5 parents Mumbai consulate experience

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi- can anyone share what their parents IR-5 interview experience was at the Mumbai consulate ? Awaiting interview dates for my parents and wanted to know the experience of others who had interviewed there. Thank you fellow VJers 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Potentially can find that type of review here: https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=India&cty=Mumbai

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
41 minutes ago, majune06 said:

Sharon - I know of a few folks who got their parents IR5 in Mumbai. Private message me if you need more information.

I just sent you a PM! Thank you- looking forward to connecting 

My mother had her interview this week in Mumbai. Interview was scheduled at 7:30am in the morning so I got her a flight for the day before and booked hotel right across from the consulate so she wouldn't have to deal with Mumbai traffic and was able to leave everything at the hotel since you can't take anything besides the documents inside the consulate.

She reached the consulate at 7am. They called first time to collect the documents and then it was about 5 hour wait to get called for the actual interview which lasted about 2 minutes. She was given the approval letter and informed to pay the fee once she gets the passport. So really smooth overall. 

Timeline

Actually, in regards with taking nothing along with you in consulate - my sister went for her visitor visa interview and told me there are police vans that come and provide the locker facility outside of the consulate for reasonable (Rs 15 or so) cost. I am not sure if it was specific for that day or is that the norm now.

Congrats on getting her IR5 approved. 

Timeline
On 6/12/2019 at 7:51 PM, parentsjourney said:

My mother had her interview this week in Mumbai. Interview was scheduled at 7:30am in the morning so I got her a flight for the day before and booked hotel right across from the consulate so she wouldn't have to deal with Mumbai traffic and was able to leave everything at the hotel since you can't take anything besides the documents inside the consulate.

She reached the consulate at 7am. They called first time to collect the documents and then it was about 5 hour wait to get called for the actual interview which lasted about 2 minutes. She was given the approval letter and informed to pay the fee once she gets the passport. So really smooth overall. 

Which hotel did you book your mom in ? When you say- they requested documents first before the 5hr wait- which documents were they requesting ?

On 6/15/2019 at 7:26 AM, sharon1611 said:

Which hotel did you book your mom in ? When you say- they requested documents first before the 5hr wait- which documents were they requesting ?

I believe it was Sofitel.

Just the regular documents that you're supposed to take, birth certificate, medical report, etc.

Edited by parentsjourney

Timeline
47 minutes ago, parentsjourney said:

I believe it was Sofitel.

Just the regular documents that you're supposed to take, birth certificate, medical report, etc.

By birth certificate do you mean their own birth certificate or your birth certificate to prove that your mom

and you are related ?

Both birth certificates - petitioner's and applicant's.

Pretty much same experience for my parents earlier this year after entering the consulate - the wait after submitting the documents to interview was not more than couple of hours. Financial support documents are the crux for an IR-5 interview.

Edited by circular

• 2 years later...
On 6/11/2019 at 5:40 PM, sharon1611 said:

Hi- can anyone share what their parents IR-5 interview experience was at the Mumbai consulate ? Awaiting interview dates for my parents and wanted to know the experience of others who had interviewed there. Thank you fellow VJers 

What are PD / DQ dates of your parents ? 

*** Zombie thread from 2019 is closed for comments.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.