UmeshJ

Names removed from CEAC after completion

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

In 2005 we applied for visas under the F4 category Brother and Sister.

We received confirmation in March 2019 that NVC had received the files and wanted us to submit docs via CEAC.

Originally the system showed My dad, mum, brother and my name as the applicants. They asked for the fees.

After submitting fees, they got back in touch to say all was fine and we needed to submit ds260 form for each applicant which included myself and my brother.

Today NVC has confirmed all documents are approved and accepted and we now wait for the interview date.

However, after logging into the CEAC, my brother and my name have now disappeared and it only shows my dads and my mums. Does anyone have any idea why this could be?

Although me and my brother are over 21 now, we still fall under the CSPA age so I do not understand why at the last stage our names have been removed as NVC had initially accepted fees and DS260 forms.

Thanks

Umesh

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, Cindy1 said:

Did you guys get an answer to why the name was removed? Was the issue resolved? Same thing happened to me where a name just disappeared after completing everything.

Yes, it is because we have aged out since we are over 21 now, they said my parents can dispute it at the time of interview but not guaranteed they will approve

11 minutes ago, Cindy1 said:

That's strange because the applicant is not 21 yet. his birthday is Jan 25, 2000.

Hmm, it might be best you contact NVC in regards to this then. Which visa category did you apply under? Has anything changed other than his age such as got married etc?

Just now, UmeshJ said:

Hmm, it might be best you contact NVC in regards to this then. Which visa category did you apply under? Has anything changed other than his age such as got married etc?

I've been trying to call NVC but they keep hanging up because they have too many people on hold already. I sent them an email but probably won't get a response for another month. Applied via F4. My mother is the petitioner for her brother, his wife and son. He is not married. I submitted DS260, civil documents, and sponsor documents yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Cindy1 said:

I've been trying to call NVC but they keep hanging up because they have too many people on hold already. I sent them an email but probably won't get a response for another month. Applied via F4. My mother is the petitioner for her brother, his wife and son. He is not married. I submitted DS260, civil documents, and sponsor documents yesterday.

Not sure which country you're from, but best time to call NVC is when they open for example, here in UK I call at 2PM as it is 9AM in New York and I stay in line. When you call you will hear a voice message, if you hear the message in Spanish after then it is best to hang up however, if you do not hear the Spanish voice message you will get options to choose from to then get in line and wait for NVC to answer your call. You might have to keep calling numerous times till you get through.

1 hour ago, UmeshJ said:

Not sure which country you're from, but best time to call NVC is when they open for example, here in UK I call at 2PM as it is 9AM in New York and I stay in line. When you call you will hear a voice message, if you hear the message in Spanish after then it is best to hang up however, if you do not hear the Spanish voice message you will get options to choose from to then get in line and wait for NVC to answer your call. You might have to keep calling numerous times till you get through.

I'm from New York. I've been calling since 11am this morning. I guess I'll try again tomorrow at 9am. Thanks so much for your responses!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.