N-o-l-a

That Itch You Can't Rant About (The Rant Thread)

2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
12 minutes ago, theresaL said:

Well TB, since you brought the subject up of retroactive BC. Frenchy's 23 old daughter dropped the bomb on us yesterday am, she's preggers. Not planned, not prevented either and she's a nurse. So she can't plead ignorance on how the old birds and bees work.I just don't get it. Pulling my hair out. Now we will be making an unexpected, unplanned trip to France. Get this, his parents don't even know that they are a couple. I'm not exactly sure how that's going to work with his "Amish" family.

She's working and plenty old enough, it will be fine.

Did I mention how insecure I am about meeting Frenchy's ex-wife who is the size of a #2 pencil?

You mean you don't live off a diet of cigarettes and minuscule portions of food too?  

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
58 minutes ago, theresaL said:

Frenchy's 23 old daughter dropped the bomb on us yesterday am, she's preggers.

This is not so bad for you. If things get stressful, you can always play the she's-not-my-daughter card. Hope everything goes well on your trip.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, N-o-l-a said:

She's working and plenty old enough, it will be fine.

You mean you don't live off a diet of cigarettes and minuscule portions of food too?  

No, I eat real food and I don't smoke. I was really hoping this would not surface until a few years from now. At least his family is paying for most of the wedding, guess it's traditional for the mans family to pay for everything in Turkish culture. But it will still be $$$$ with tickets, dress, suit, etc.  and now she wants us to rent a nice car to drive her to the Marie and invite most of the family. I told Frenchy I thought it was in poor taste for her to expect a grand wedding after the genie is out of the bottle. A small affair with close family would be more appropriate.

Uggggh, now I've got to go shopping for a dress. I hate shopping.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Russ&Caro said:

This is not so bad for you. If things get stressful, you can always play the she's-not-my-daughter card. Hope everything goes well on your trip.

Thanks. I'm just disappointed in her because I thought her to be much more responsible. I just don't understand how anyone can find themselves in this situation with all the available birth control these days. 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, theresaL said:

I told Frenchy I thought it was in poor taste for her to expect a grand wedding after the genie is out of the bottle. A small affair with close family would be more appropriate.

A little old fashioned, no? It is a different time. 

10 minutes ago, theresaL said:

Thanks. I'm just disappointed in her because I thought her to be much more responsible. I just don't understand how anyone can find themselves in this situation with all the available birth control these days. 

As someone who has used naught else that natural family planning for more than a decade, I'm not sure I'd call the available methods great options. I refuse to use them. 

In any case, I had my first when I was 21.  I think Ontarkie and NLR were younger moms too.

23 is pushing the envelope in my part of the Midwest for the first baby. You are practically elderly by that point. 

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

Yeah, I know and I am a little old fashioned about some things. I actually told Frenchy she doesn't have to marry him at all which may happen anyway since the father's family doesn't even know about her. They are going to his family on Friday to present that they are getting married. I don't know if they are planning to tell his family that she is preggers or not. She's pretty adamant about not telling anyone in our family. His family may very well refuse to allow it due to religion.  It will be interesting to get the report afterwards.

I just hope her sister doesn't get any big ideas. She has a real jerk (putting it mildly) for a boyfriend that she's been pushing to get married. Ick I suppose he will be at the wedding too.

Well I saw my first snake today here on the Hacienda del Hillbillies. The old owners installed s solar powered electric fence that I turned off and disconnected the negative wire when we moved in. So I was in the back there mowing due to the grass being 2+ feet high in that part. When I got to the area that I knew the cable was in I got off to look for so that I don't run over it with the mower.  

That is when I saw a black snake in the grass near the pole I was going to. Then I realized I am back here mowing when I am the only one at the house, and I don't have a long stick or my gun with me. So I went off to get both my pistol and a hay rake. When I got back it was gone unfortunately. 

I didn't want to kill it but to verify that it's a black snake or a hog nose snake and not a cottonmouth. Which we are close enough to a tributary of the Cape Fear river that it is a remote possibility.  If it's a black snake then you leave those be because they kill smaller cottonmouth and copperhead snakes 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, N-o-l-a said:

A little old fashioned, no? It is a different time. 

As someone who has used naught else that natural family planning for more than a decade, I'm not sure I'd call the available methods great options. I refuse to use them. 

In any case, I had my first when I was 21.  I think Ontarkie and NLR were younger moms too.

23 is pushing the envelope in my part of the Midwest for the first baby. You are practically elderly by that point. 

A month after my 24th birthday I had my 4th child.

Worked nursing and owned my own home all before I was 30 and I wouldn't change it at all. 

She has a career and a good one. 

I doubt she tells her father everything like if she was on BC or not or if she has some has a medical condition like PCOS thinking she couldn't get pregnant.

I think everyone deserves the wedding of their dreams. If she wants the big white wedding than she should have it. If the fathers family is in a habit of paying than that is on them not her. 

Anyways I tone down what I was going to say :P 

I know its a shock but really she's 23 and a nurse how much better should she be before kids. Married doesn't mean the father will stick around or be any good either. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

It is a shock and she not too long ago said she had no plans to get married anytime soon and was looking forward to living on her own. She just bought her first apartment, but hasn't moved in yet still living at home with her mother.  I suppose if this all goes belly up, no pun intended, she's in a good position to take care of herself because she does have a good job. 

Last night was very late night for both of us with the 7 hr time difference. Frenchy was on the phone until 2:30 am and I didn't get any sleep at all. It'll all look better after a good nights sleep. Time to hit the Benedryl.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Well I saw my first snake today here on the Hacienda del Hillbillies. The old owners installed s solar powered electric fence that I turned off and disconnected the negative wire when we moved in. So I was in the back there mowing due to the grass being 2+ feet high in that part. When I got to the area that I knew the cable was in I got off to look for so that I don't run over it with the mower.  

That is when I saw a black snake in the grass near the pole I was going to. Then I realized I am back here mowing when I am the only one at the house, and I don't have a long stick or my gun with me. So I went off to get both my pistol and a hay rake. When I got back it was gone unfortunately. 

I didn't want to kill it but to verify that it's a black snake or a hog nose snake and not a cottonmouth. Which we are close enough to a tributary of the Cape Fear river that it is a remote possibility.  If it's a black snake then you leave those be because they kill smaller cottonmouth and copperhead snakes 

As a owner of several snakes here in hillbilly land.....it was probably just a king snake (eats other snakes and mice) or a rat snake. The only way to tell if it’s a cotton mouth is if it opens it’s mouth and it looks like cotton coming out (that’s only happened to me once....walking on a path 30 years ago.....they stick to the water but can be very territorial) 

3 minutes ago, janet3 said:

As a owner of several snakes here in hillbilly land.....it was probably just a king snake (eats other snakes and mice) or a rat snake. The only way to tell if it’s a cotton mouth is if it opens it’s mouth and it looks like cotton coming out (that’s only happened to me once....walking on a path 30 years ago.....they stick to the water but can be very territorial) 

I had to kill a cotton mouth last year in my neighbor's yard that come up from the creek. So of course they ran over to my house to kill it and I did kill it. I didn't get a clear picture of the snake due to the high grass and not knowing where exactly the head was. That is why I ran off to get my gun in case it was poisonous. 

But I really think it was just a king snake tbh. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I had to kill a cotton mouth last year in my neighbor's yard that come up from the creek. So of course they ran over to my house to kill it and I did kill it. I didn't get a clear picture of the snake due to the high grass and not knowing where exactly the head was. That is why I ran off to get my gun in case it was poisonous. 

But I really think it was just a king snake tbh. 

Well....in all honesty.....my California King Snake bit me while I was holding the snake and talking to someone and I played it off as “nothing happened” but blood was dripping to the floor and I couldn’t get the damn thing off my hand. Snakes are crazy.....you never know what may happen 

Timeline

I've signed an offer, but company outsourced the background check. This one is probably worse than SAT's.  Check of e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. I don't have as much as a parking ticket and my credit is great, so I'm not too worried. 

Oh and the outsource company refuses to mark my self-employment as verified because my schedule C wasn't done by an outside firm. Well, I can't exactly go back into the past and do that again, can I now.  I filed it on my taxes, paid tax on it, and you can't verify it? 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d4a4e17486344382e

We'll see what happens with that.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, N-o-l-a said:

the outsource company refuses to mark my self-employment as verified because my schedule C wasn't done by an outside firm.

Sorry to hear of your taxing experience, si and sigh Nola-B. ma'am.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).