N-o-l-a

That Itch You Can't Rant About (The Rant Thread)

2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Capture, neuter/spay, release, solution Nola-B. ma'am.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

12 hours ago, fip & jim said:

Not a follower. Born in & forcibly indoctrinated. Spot on.

My best friend was born in to it and indoctrinated as well. He ended up straying when he was in his late teens and ended up being excommunicated. 

11 hours ago, N-o-l-a said:

But isn't it for the greater good?

I'm trying to get out of date night with husband this weekend. I have zero interest in eating out or whatever. I talk to him all the time, it is boring.

The mother of my two oldest children are taking them for the next week. So it is great that we are going from 4 to 2 kids overall in the house. So for us it is a break for us. Thankfully we have finally got our own bedroom so the nights are all about us now. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The ferrets are running around like crazy. They only get the playroom to roam free. I'm happy they are litter box trained. Makes life so much easier. I'm really supposed to be figuring out supper. It's almost 2 and I have no idea what to make. I might do pasta of some sort. I would still need to get the dough made and rest but that only takes 30 mins. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Glad your back is hurting less Tbone. 

Steve, I'm surprised (ok not really) that you still have the nanny with the Turtle being in school. 

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, N-o-l-a said:

Yeppers. My family has lived in the area for about 1000 years. I'm the first on that side to be born somewhere else. If you knew my maiden name you wouldn't have even asked.  Regardless, certain parts of Yorkshire are the only places I go to, look around, and think "these people look like me".  I don't know if that is a good or bad thing.

Which parent emigrated then? It's funny you can see a resemblance. 

My paternal side is from the next county north of there, Durham. My daughter went to Durham University so we spent some more time there recently. 

I want to do one of those ancenstry DNA tests, see if there's any surprises.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

My best friend was born in to it and indoctrinated as well. He ended up straying when he was in his late teens and ended up being excommunicated. 

Crazy isn't it? I left as a teen but I didn't get disfellowshipped. It didn't stop most of the people I grew up with from shunning me anyway. My husband was born in too. His parents won't speak to him and have never met me. I hope you're friend is ok now. It's very difficult to rebuild your life after leaving. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

It's almost 2 and I have no idea what to make. 

Easy. Ferducken. Duh!

36 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

Steve, I'm surprised (ok not really) that you still have the nanny with the Turtle being in school. 

Cut her hours back, pay her the same weekly wage. 

Charity. 

Edited by SAT

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
20 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

Which parent emigrated then? It's funny you can see a resemblance. 

My paternal side is from the next county north of there, Durham. My daughter went to Durham University so we spent some more time there recently. 

I want to do one of those ancenstry DNA tests, see if there's any surprises.

My father.  I never really felt like I looked like anyone around me growing up, even other WASPs... I can pass as Jewish or just kind of nondescript European, but definitely have the regional look. One my brothers does and my kids don't at all.  The actor who plays Neville in HP looks like he could be a member of my family, I wasn't at all surprised to find he was from a nearby village.  

16 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

Crazy isn't it? I left as a teen but I didn't get disfellowshipped. It didn't stop most of the people I grew up with from shunning me anyway. My husband was born in too. His parents won't speak to him and have never met me. I hope you're friend is ok now. It's very difficult to rebuild your life after leaving. 

Have you seen any of the stoptheshunning's videos on the Youtube? 

2 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

The mother of my two oldest children are taking them for the next week. So it is great that we are going from 4 to 2 kids overall in the house. So for us it is a break for us. Thankfully we have finally got our own bedroom so the nights are all about us now. 

The Dane would just fall asleep. To be fair, we are both exhausted and he's not a night person. Quitting my last job helped me catch up on some things, but it'll only start again when I go back to work/school.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, SAT said:

Easy. Ferducken. Duh!

Cut her hours back, pay her the same weekly wage. 

Charity. 

Well duck is resting in the fridge, probably get cooked on Sunday. 

But I decided on chicken fettuccine Alfredo for tonight.

Just fed the chickens the last of the beef roast that I made French dip from. 

Older girl bought them and the ducks a whole watermelon for them to attack later. 

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

Older girl bought them and the ducks a whole watermelon for them to attack later. 

Frenchy loves duck and rabbit. I don't know how to cook either of them. My grandmother cooked duck, but my mom refused to cook anything even slightly "different". We should talk about maybe meeting up and buying a duck or two from you (dead and dressed, plz) to put in the freezer for winter. 

Have you ever given your chickens expired plain, unsweetened yogurt?? I've heard that it's very good for them and they will lay more eggs.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

I'm actually trying out one of the meal delivery boxes (HelloFresh) for the first time tonight. I cook so often and get bored of planning. 

You can feed chickens meat?

5 minutes ago, theresaL said:

Frenchy loves duck and rabbit. I don't know how to cook either of them. My grandmother cooked duck, but my mom refused to cook anything even slightly "different". We should talk about maybe meeting up and buying a duck or two from you (dead and dressed, plz) to put in the freezer for winter. 

Have you ever given your chickens expired plain, unsweetened yogurt?? I've heard that it's very good for them and they will lay more eggs.

Duck should be pretty simple to cook if I recollect. I just rarely do it because it is so expensive to get one where we live. Like $40 or $50 for a duck.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, theresaL said:

I have muskovy ducks in the fridge right now. I'm told they are a completely different tasting duck as they are not a mallard breed. I've never cooked duck either, the Hillbilly has hunted for ducks but as we left the ducks whole not just breasted them out we will try some recipes off of pinterest. I haven't thought about selling duck meat I might have to look into that. Depending how far you are it may not be worth the drive. 

I have given the chickens yogurt it's good to help their gut and keeps everything nice. It is high in protein that is why some ppl say it helps production. I already feed a high protein feed. most layer feed is 16% protein I buy 20% protein feed. As it helps with laying in the winter and molting. My chickens are very spoiled. Ducks too even the meat ones as they are mine and I just can't help myself lol 

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

I have muskovy ducks in the fridge right now. I'm told they are a completely different tasting duck as they are not a mallard breed. I've never cooked duck either, the Hillbilly has hunted for ducks but as we left the ducks whole not just breasted them out we will try some recipes off of pinterest. I haven't thought about selling duck meat I might have to look into that. Depending how far you are it may not be worth the drive. 

I have given the chickens yogurt it's good to help their gut and keeps everything nice. It is high in protein that is why some ppl say it helps production. I already feed a high protein feed. most layer feed is 16% protein I buy 20% protein feed. As it helps with laying in the winter and molting. My chickens are very spoiled. Ducks too even the meat ones as they are mine and I just can't help myself lol 

I'm only 1hr away from AR state line. Fayetteville is 2 hrs away.

Frenchy loves cuisse de canard. I'll have to start looking at recipes too.

Edited by theresaL