N-o-l-a

That Itch You Can't Rant About (The Rant Thread)

2,974 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, SAT said:

Yeah and I don't wanna commit the next guy to a long solar panel lease...

That does make sense. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Why does everyone here talk about boring, impossible stuff like How To Rehabilitate The Many`rd-World City Of Nueva York, huh man?

On Sun. (last full day in Ecu), we shall visit the tourist market in Guayaquil and the huge mall across the walkway from the Sheraton, shop we man.

It is now time to bed Mini-B., long day wee man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

6 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

In northern Ecu, some mountainsides along the major highways have been manually scraped to prevent avalanches, si man.

Those that have been scraped bare even have PVC drainpipes inserted at regular intervals, enable water drainage man.

Rockslides remain a constant and deadly danger throughout Ecu´s highway system, many deaths per year man.

We are amazed at how roads got built through all these mountains in the first place, engineering marvels man.

Try driving in western Canada or Colorado.  There is a train tunnel from BC to Alberta that is a figure 8 so the trains could actually make the incline. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Hill

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Just now, NikLR said:

There is a train tunnel from BC to Alberta that is a figure Many so the trains could actually make the incline. 

We once drove in Calgary, acknowledged Niki-B. maàm.

Ecu has no trains at all, according to Mrs. T-B., si Niki-B. maám.

Ecu`s highways are like continuous snakes, impossible and impassable as the crow flies, sigh man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

We have a major blackout, and where was the village idiot? In Iowa. 

He thinks he's gonna be the president. 

Would the president of the USA chase away Amazon? 

Who took charge? 

The governor. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 hours ago, SAT said:

We have a major blackout, and where was the village idiot? In Iowa. 

He thinks he's gonna be the president. 

Would the president of the USA chase away Amazon? 

Who took charge? 

The governor. 

But you are still there.  

Houston seems nice and cheap.

---------

The Tank has been getting molars in. 2 in the last week. It has not been a fun couple of weeks. 

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

But you are still there.  

Houston seems nice and cheap.

---------

The Tank has been getting molars in. 2 in the last week. It has not been a fun couple of weeks. 

I know that duh...

I started my career here, built my company here. My clients, contracts are here. My livelihood is here. 

My mothers doctors are here. 

My set up enables me to bank a tremendous amount of money here. 

I know, how much? 

I did some calculations. If I moved to NJ, and land a x amount of dollar a year job, add the income from my investments, I still cannot bank what I'm banking now. 

Now with the big guy gone, I've made up my mind. Either we move, or we're on the block. I'm working on the logistics. Time frame is 5 years. 

Now my mother, she's difficult. She refuses to cooperate with me to get her a home health aid. I'm just about ready to abandon her. And my sister's cousin, who for 14 years, occupied my spare room with his garbage, I'm about to chuck all of it. He's working in Louisiana as a pharmacist. I don't want anything to do with that family. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
11 minutes ago, SAT said:

I know that duh...

I started my career here, built my company here. My clients, contracts are here. My livelihood is here. 

My mothers doctors are here. 

My set up enables me to bank a tremendous amount of money here. 

I know, how much? 

I did some calculations. If I moved to NJ, and land a x amount of dollar a year job, add the income from my investments, I still cannot bank what I'm banking now. 

Now with the big guy gone, I've made up my mind. Either we move, or we're on the block. I'm working on the logistics. Time frame is 5 years. 

Now my mother, she's difficult. She refuses to cooperate with me to get her a home health aid. I'm just about ready to abandon her. And my sister's cousin, who for 14 years, occupied my spare room with his garbage, I'm about to chuck all of it. He's working in Louisiana as a pharmacist. I don't want anything to do with that family. 

I know it is hard to make the leap. I guess the larger question pertains to quality of life and stress.

Why is she so against the help?  

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

Why is she so against the help?  

1- she's too ###### cheap to pay for it. 

2- she only has cash in bank as assets, because everything else is already transferred to her daughter. 

3- she refuses to let me empty her bank to below the threshold. 

4- she's troubling my kids Nanny to help her. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

I know it is hard to make the leap. I guess the larger question pertains to quality of life and stress.

It's not even that big of a leap, what, an hour away? 

It's my mother. And I told her that I have no plans of letting my kids go to high school in NYC. Funny thing she didn't keep her daughter from moving to PA...

While we live pretty good for NYC, I want space!  I mean, I've shown you some of the places that I'm looking at man...

Stress...I've now worked 8 straight days after vacation, and it looks like another 6 or 7 days before I can take a few days off, granted they're not all full days. Last time I did that was right after 9-11. Why do you think I take 6-7 vacations a year. But with the big guy gone, that's not likely. And I never would have thought in a million years that he'd pack it in before me. Its like he did a Forrest Gump, stopped in the middle of nowhere, "I think I'm pretty tired now...". 

I gotta say, I miss the guy, a little...

Im surprised you held on to someones stuff for 14 years.  I woulda said hey your #### is still here you got a month or its in the dumpster, like 13 years ago.  

Edited by NikLR

Timeline

Long story with this ###hole. 

He came to the U.S. Around 2000 with his parents from HK. He didn't want to stay by himself for college, I talked him into staying. He got a master's degree in biochemistry, went to work for Merck. Got laid off because he's got the personality of a bag of laundry. He went back to school to be a pharmacist. Graduated about 2 years ago. Found a job in Baton Rouge. 

Timeline

Now the spare room, is so full of #### that it's even blocking the AC vents. 

Soon, I'm going to put his shot in storage, I'll be generous, pay for 6 months. And send him the info. 

He's got money, but elects to go to HK every chance he has, instead of come dispose of his . 

3 hours ago, SAT said:

Now the spare room, is so full of #### that it's even blocking the AC vents. 

Soon, I'm going to put his shot in storage, I'll be generous, pay for 6 months. And send him the info. 

He's got money, but elects to go to HK every chance he has, instead of come dispose of his . 

Oo after 6 months can it become an episode of storage wars?