N-o-l-a

That Itch You Can't Rant About (The Rant Thread)

2,974 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, SAT said:

Well I didn't know which car duh!

true enough.

Speaking of cars.  Gonna wash off the Mustang tonight and get some new photos of it.  It's a bit of a niche car and I think hubs is asking too much.  With the same photos over and over, people get used to seeing it. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, NikLR said:

true enough.

Speaking of cars.  Gonna wash off the Mustang tonight and get some new photos of it.  It's a bit of a niche car and I think hubs is asking too much.  With the same photos over and over, people get used to seeing it. 

I haven't seen it yet. Post a photo here, pleeeeeeeeeeeezzzz.

2 hours ago, theresaL said:

I haven't seen it yet. Post a photo here, pleeeeeeeeeeeezzzz.

I decided to go out in the morning with less yahoos running amuk.  

http://imgur.com/gallery/s0vnqx0

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I bought the book To Kill a Mockingbird a couple of weeks ago. A beautifully illustrated edition for younger kids, but not simplified, it has the original language. I sat on it to decide if I should let the older one read it.

Gave it to her a few days ago, she can't put it down. I followed her progress and discuss the book with her. I think she's doing great. Recommend...

I also got Anne Frank. And an autographed copy of Lulu the Broadway mouse. 

20190712_222816_zps0zrootbx.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
11 hours ago, NikLR said:

Car in shop.  May be vent issue.

You are venting about it here, so it´s obviously that, cheaper than transmissions si Niki-B. maám.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Back in Cuenca after full-family goodbye in Mrs. T-B.´s hometown, close-knit & many man.

We do NOT want to lose them as family, no man.

Trip back north seemed far rougher than same way down had been, maybe we´re  wearying of it man.

However, Mini-B. napped through it in true Ecu style, complete zzz for wee man.

Lunched at same restaurant in Sigsig, Ecu, real name man.

Paid $Many ($2x2x2x2) for Many (2+2+1) people, deal man.

Hotel in Cuenca, where we had stayed before & loved it, remodeled in last Many (2x2x2) years, observe we man.

They did NOT improve the bathrooms, no man.

Skinny shower-stall has no shelves (only a soap dish) & inadequate drainage, can´t run water on full lest it flood out man.

We will have to trash the place on TripAdvisor, reluctant we man.

Din-din at Papa John´s, mejor ingredientes mejor pizza man.

Paid $Many ($2x2x2x2x2+1) for Many (2+2) people, Mrs. T-B. has no CLUE of how to order pizza man.

Van tomorrow to Guayaquil for last 2 Ecu days, Many-hour trip man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Soon to be former boss was at the fair that was more than 2 hours away. Totally refused to acknowledge me, although that was mutual. Her husband and mine are acquaintances as they volunteer together. He didn't say a word either. 🙄

Still hasn't replied to my 2 weeks notice.   I'm definitely going to need someone to cover our mutual shifts.*  This is ridiculous. 

*One of the new girls didn't bother to reply to my direct inquiry. She's just been cleared to work, so I thought she'd want the shifts.  Annoying. Debating whether to send out an e-mail to several people or work my way down a list and individually text.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

6 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

You are venting about it here, so it´s obviously that, cheaper than transmissions si Niki-B. maám.

Apparently issue (aka worlds most annoying car noise) is reproducable for lead tech. Has something to do with vents and A/C. 

5 hours ago, N-o-l-a said:

Soon to be former boss was at the fair that was more than 2 hours away. Totally refused to acknowledge me, although that was mutual. Her husband and mine are acquaintances as they volunteer together. He didn't say a word either. 🙄

Still hasn't replied to my 2 weeks notice.   I'm definitely going to need someone to cover our mutual shifts.*  This is ridiculous. 

*One of the new girls didn't bother to reply to my direct inquiry. She's just been cleared to work, so I thought she'd want the shifts.  Annoying. Debating whether to send out an e-mail to several people or work my way down a list and individually text.

I think individual would be better to get them covered. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
6 minutes ago, SAT said:

Rolling blackouts here...

I remember those from when I was a kid. I thought they would have upgraded the grid/load system since then.

I've long been of the belief that all new construction should include solar panels by code, so the cost could be distributed over the course of a mortgage. It would help a lot with these issues. 

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Again, when census no longer reflects  the population residing here, con ed don't know what to do to accommodate. 

I blame the illegals here. There's 15 ACs sticking out of every window in a fook house...

There's a transformer fire a few blocks from me as we speak.