N-o-l-a

That Itch You Can't Rant About (The Rant Thread)

2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, N-o-l-a said:

No, I was hoping to keep it civil.  However, despite her demands for everyone to immediately reply to her, I haven't heard a peep in response to my 2 weeks and offer to have some of shifts swapped out that last week. 

On that note, she is the first and only person in my time on earth that has made me feel self-conscious about having a larger chest. I was the only person for whom there was a dress code. She even implied, while we were at a non-work related volunteer event, that my Mennonite levels of modest dress wasn't appropriate. If you knew me, you'd know modest is the name of the game for me in general - I like my skirts/dresses down to at least the knee, I don't wear anything strappy or strapless, I don't consider leggings to be pants (fine under a dress), and so on.

Also not my reason for quitting. I complied and bought some scrub tops, because who could find fault with those?

Wait, what??? She was complaining because you don't put "the girl's" out for display?????? now I've heard everything. I too dress on the modest side because I think at my age it's better and when I was younger I didn't need to do anything to get attention because I had boobs. She's just jealous.

I love looking back at posts I've made on my phone and seeing the spelling errors.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
18 minutes ago, theresaL said:

Wait, what??? She was complaining because you don't put "the girl's" out for display?????? now I've heard everything. I too dress on the modest side because I think at my age it's better and when I was younger I didn't need to do anything to get attention because I had boobs. She's just jealous.

Oh you misunderstood. My regular clothes are perfectly modest, but not "unisex t-shirt" levels of modest. Which is why I didn't mind wearing scrub tops at work. The problem is more that I was explicitly told by her when I started that there was no dress code and I was careful not to wear anything inappropriate anyway.

I'm not going to guess on the other front, but I suspect that wearing dresses/skirts in my personal life touches on something else.

14 minutes ago, NikLR said:

I love looking back at posts I've made on my phone and seeing the spelling errors.  

I make a lot, when I'm not on my phone. 'Tis normal.

-----

No more work talk.

My self-imposed bacon-vegetarian child, the Troll, has decided to eat a whole package of organic hot dogs in the last day and some eggs. I was a little worried he wasn't getting the right nutrients, but maybe he'll finally eat something besides processed carbs? We've starting pushing the must eat dinner thing.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, SAT said:

My cousin drove Turtle 🐢 in my crv. 

She threw up all over the interior...

Hasn't your car been the scene of other vomitous encounters?

I should be studying for one of my finals tomorrow, especially with this silly 94  cut off for an A, but I'm watching Pose and now I'm going to take a nap because the Tank is napping. 

3/26/18 Biometrics

1 hour ago, SAT said:

The last car to be vomited in was the 14 accord. That was returned end of lease :)

this crv, looks like fat boy has dibs on it. If I can find a day to go car shopping...

What was he doing to cause her to vomit?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Some kind of day around here. Hot, the car thermometer was reading 98, but they said the 'feels like" was 107. It was like trying to breathe through a wet sweater. I picked today, from the previous forecasts, to take the car in for service, being as how it was the only day this week it wasn't meant to be stormy.  So of course it stormed. I wanted to leave the dog at home this time, on account of the heat which she does not do well in. She's afraid of thunder, so I didn't want to leave her on her own if the weather threatened, which it didn't, at first.

We had hardly sat down to wait at the dealership when Himself was approached by a fellow Marine. And for the next hour the pair of them had a wonderful time, yakking away. 50 years difference in their ages, but totally on common ground. I can't speak for the other chap, but it did  Himself a world of good. 

Trouble struck on the way back. The exit I needed was closed for construction, so I followed the detour.  The going was slow, and I had to stop for gas as well. While I was doing that the sky turned black as and the  wind came up suddenly. Big trash cans were flying by, and the stop sign out in front was flailing around like mad. The rain started once I was back on the highway, and man it came down in stair rods. Visibility was so bad at times I could hardly see the car ahead, in spite of us all driving with our four ways on. I was trying to keep an eye on the white line at the shoulder, but I couldn't see that well either.  We drove 20 miles at less than 30mph like that.

All I could think about was the dog.  I set the game camera up  before I left the house, and it isn't hard to see when the storm started here. Plenty of pacing, panting, trying to hide. I am a bad dog mum, and I am appropriately in the dog box tonight.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
30 minutes ago, cdneh said:

Trouble struck on the way back.  Visibility was so bad at times I could hardly see the car ahead, in spite of us all driving with our four ways on. I was trying to keep an eye on the white line at the shoulder, but I couldn't see that well either.  We drove 20 miles at less than 30mph like that.

This happened to me twice. Last time about 18 years ago. Driving back from Canada, in the Niagara region. Oh man it was bad. Most cars just pulled over. And this is where the Mercedes single wiper system proved to be inferior. I don't think they use that system anymore. 

47 minutes ago, SAT said:

This happened to me twice. Last time about 18 years ago. Driving back from Canada, in the Niagara region. Oh man it was bad. Most cars just pulled over. And this is where the Mercedes single wiper system proved to be inferior. I don't think they use that system anymore. 

It's scary for sure. My wipers were going at top speed, but not keeping up. I would have pulled over, but along that section of road there really isn't anywhere safe.  The semis didn't seem affected, man those things carried on as if nothing much was happening. 

A single wiper system, that seems silly.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

This actually happened to us last week midway between St. Cloud and Minneapolis.  I made the Dane get off the highway because the traffic was heavy and there was no visibility.

However, such weather isn't uncommon out here. It was the same yesterday or the day before. Washed out a road on one of the reservations and swept a couple of people away to their deaths...

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline
38 minutes ago, cdneh said:

The semis didn't seem affected, man those things carried on as if nothing much was happening. 

My husband does too. I wonder if men have some sort of weird weather-proof eyesight or if they just don't care about safety.

---

2 judges have already recused themselves with our case, I wonder if we'll get up to 5.

3/26/18 Biometrics