N-o-l-a

That Itch You Can't Rant About (The Rant Thread)

2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
6 hours ago, SAT said:

Well my grill was searched by model number. Target, Wal-Mart, Ace, HD, Lowes, Amazon, all had it. HD wins. 

My old charcoal grill, a cheap one that I got to experiment with my charcoal to gas cooking method...my neighbors enterprising 14 year old son took it to scrap. He also has dibs on the central air unit that I'm about to replace. And he took the brass lights that I swapped out on the stoop. I'm gonna call him Fred Sanford lol

Hey there's $ in scrap metal. The Frenchie recycles aluminum cans and bottles. He worked out a deal with a local bar downtown to save all their empties and once a week he goes and collects them. It's usually around 4-6 large trash bags full each week which comes in around $80 every month in free pocket money.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, Russ&Caro said:

A bad U-turn occurs in front of me about once a week. Other stupid stuff happens daily.

Part of it here in Santa Fe is the old part of town was designed for horse and foot traffic about 400 years ago and the new part of town is constrained by a network of deep dry ravines that forces everyone onto just a handful of streets. So there is no escaping the idiots on the road. People should mainly chill out because it doesn't take any longer than about 20 minutes to go from one end of town to the other, but there are a lot of transplants here (including me!) who often bring their bad driving habits acquired from other regions.

We almost T-boned a car on the way in this morning. Idiot was turning left out of a parking lot. Traffic was stopped for a red light but instead of waiting until it was clear idiot decides to turn out in front of everyone and cross 3 lanes. We were in the inside lane couldn't see the idiot because of stopped traffic. Luckily Frenchie hit the brakes, left rubber on the pavement and stopped a few inches away from T-ing driver side door. Idiot then flips us off and peels out. They're every where.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I'm at this brand new renovated park. There's about a million fooks in there. So this fook, his granddaughter, maybe 3, had to pee, so, like a typical fook, he takes her pants off right in this here pathway, let's her squat down, and leaves a puddle right in the side. 

For the newer posters here, a "fook" is an illegal Chinese immigrant from the fujian province of China. Hated world-wide, destroys all quality of life wherever they go. The other Chinese enclaves refer to them as "fooks" or "FJs"...

New park...

20190625_192834_zpsx8nol47z.jpg

Must the week for it. Coming home from town this week, on our little secondary road, there is quite a steep hill. You cannot see oncoming traffic as you come  up it. When I got to the top I met a fellow  in a white pick-up about to turn into his drive, well ahead of it on MY side of the road. I didn't hit him, and I don't know how I managed that. I must say he looked very surprised. Farmer Hillbilly, just because you've lived here for yonks, and drive a big stupid heap of metal doesn't mean you own the road.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, theresaL said:

Hey there's $ in scrap metal. The Frenchie recycles aluminum cans and bottles. He worked out a deal with a local bar downtown to save all their empties and once a week he goes and collects them. It's usually around 4-6 large trash bags full each week which comes in around $80 every month in free pocket money.

New Frenchy= Francois Sanford...

8 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Dry stuff inside PetSmart.  Wet stuff via chewy.com, si man.

Miu didn't eat this morning, so no shoot miu man.

See if they have a return policy. Most vet offices will take back even opened food for palatability. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

53 minutes ago, SAT said:

Did you guys see this one? 

Wiped out 10 bikers. 7 dead. Former Marines. 

Been done for DUI twice, suspended for the best part of a year. Chances he was sober? Nil.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, theresaL said:

The can scrap price 'round here is like $0.30/lb, which isn't a whole lot.  The Dane scraps copper pipe that he takes out of the houses. Even that isn't super great, but pipe is a lot heavier than cans. 

1 hour ago, SAT said:

And there's no chance of any kid other than theirs to get on a swing. 

You choose to live there.

1 hour ago, SAT said:

Did you guys see this one? 

Wiped out 10 bikers. 7 dead. Former Marines. 

Everyone saw that, I think. A complete and utter tragedy.

15 minutes ago, cdneh said:

Been done for DUI twice, suspended for the best part of a year. Chances he was sober? Nil.

Deep in the depths of my soul I harbor a fuming hatred for drunk (or otherwise impaired) drivers. I'm so happy to see the number has gone down with uber/lyft and should go down further in the decades to come with self driving cars.  

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.