N-o-l-a

That Itch You Can't Rant About (The Rant Thread)

2,974 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Russ&Caro said:

The dog and me wish we had that rule in our house, but as they say, "Marry a woman from a tropical climate, something, something , something, get used to living in an overheated house."

I'm not from a tropical climate. But I am a hot house flower ta. Heat, and plenty of it!

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

13 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

Sadly since my older kids are also from the cold cold north they say I'm killing them and out number me. The Hillbilly buys me an electric throw almost every year. i am wrapped in it all the time with it on high. I keep killing the darn things.

If it wasn't for my asthma being triggered if the house goes lower they would turn the heat down on me. but I have constant attacks when it gets below 70. Being allergic to the cold sucks. 

I need to get one, I didn't know you could set it to only one half being heated. I didn't want the Hillbilly to get over heated because of my crazy high temps. it's pretty bad when I'm sitting here waiting for these so called hot flashes to come. 

Man your place sounds like it was built buy the same crazies that built ours. We have to go out to the street to turn off the water as the main shut off in the house is well a missing. 

I got mine on Amazon, it's a Sunbeam. It's a beauty, it even has zones, so you can set it not just to each side, but you also can have it hotter at your feet, and lower in the middle, and at the top. 

I wonder if there weren't a bunch of mad home builders running around building houses years ago here. We found out when the electrician came to do the wiring after we were hit by lightening, that some of it wasn't even up to code! Man. At  least there was a sliver lining, now I can run the coffee maker and the microwave at the same time without tripping a breaker.  We were told by the agent that showed us this place the person selling it was a carpenter and did all of renovations himself. Yah, nah. A genuine carpenter hasn't been within a mile of this place.

Edited by cdneh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, cdneh said:

I got mine on Amazon, it's a Sunbeam. It's a beauty, it even has zones, so you can set it not just to each side, but you also can have it hotter at your feet, and lower in the middle, and at the top. 

I wonder if there weren't a bunch of mad home builders running around building houses years ago here. We found out when the electrician came to do the wiring after we were hit by lightening, that some of it wasn't even up to code! Man. At  least there was a sliver lining, now I can run the coffee maker and the microwave at the same time without tripping a breaker.  We were told by the agent that showed us this place the person selling it was a carpenter and did all of renovations himself. Yah, nah. A genuine carpenter hasn't been within a mile of this place.

Oh man that sounds amazing. it's going on my list. 

Haha this house is crazy. I know this is an old house and how things have changed over the years but this is nuts. I took out the florescent light out of the front bedroom (it used to be the kitchen) to put in a ceiling fan. I have no idea how they didn't burn down the house. I blew the breaker 3 times and ended up frying the darn thing. I had to go out and get a new breaker to put in. Than I discovered the 2 wires even though I followed how they had it connected previously where mixed up. I ended up replacing the wires. It's all good now but I hate to find out what the rest of the house looks like. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

it's almost over, well not winter that is just starting for you. But the first part of your immigration journey is almost over. 

Big hugs and hopefully you can relax soon and try to find your new normal. 

And when her visajourney is over, we'll throw her out!

Timeline
1 minute ago, SAT said:

haha, you are good at that one :P 

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

28 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

Oh man that sounds amazing. it's going on my list. 

Haha this house is crazy. I know this is an old house and how things have changed over the years but this is nuts. I took out the florescent light out of the front bedroom (it used to be the kitchen) to put in a ceiling fan. I have no idea how they didn't burn down the house. I blew the breaker 3 times and ended up frying the darn thing. I had to go out and get a new breaker to put in. Than I discovered the 2 wires even though I followed how they had it connected previously where mixed up. I ended up replacing the wires. It's all good now but I hate to find out what the rest of the house looks like. 

Oh for sure. I don't dare look too closely at things that seem to be going along fine.... so far. I am doing the kitchen come the better weather, paint and tile and all, and I wonder what I will find in there in the dark corners.  :D

4 minutes ago, SAT said:

She is from Scotland, and made of stern stuff. It won't take :D

On 11/12/2019 at 7:46 PM, SAT said:

My hip needs therapy.

Piriformis syndrome...

Since Busch gardens. 

No more roller coasters for me...

Ouch.  I can sympathize, I've got a dodgy hip myself.  No roller coaster, nothing as interesting as that. Just getting up there.  I am in the beginning of the unfortunate process of learning to live with it. I'm fine sitting and walking and all, it's just getting up from a chair or bending down, say to pick something up. Amazing how many times a day you need to do those things 😕

I hope they sort you out!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Feels!

Everything's all double checked & in the folders, in the lovely leather briefcase Ryan bought for us to use for the interview. I can't stand the thought of having to walk in there tomorrow without him. I hate this, I hate not having him with me.....I feel so stupid for believing I could ever have such a wonderful life.....but I'm not the person that happens to, or at least only long enough to show me what I'll be missing out on for the rest of my life.
I suppose I should just get on with getting used to everything being awful pretty much & just try to make the best silk purse out of it all.

2 minutes ago, Scottish Mernymph said:

Feels!

Everything's all double checked & in the folders, in the lovely leather briefcase Ryan bought for us to use for the interview. I can't stand the thought of having to walk in there tomorrow without him. I hate this, I hate not having him with me.....I feel so stupid for believing I could ever have such a wonderful life.....but I'm not the person that happens to, or at least only long enough to show me what I'll be missing out on for the rest of my life.
I suppose I should just get on with getting used to everything being awful pretty much & just try to make the best silk purse out of it all.

Shining up the dark side? You have every right to feel cheated, shortchanged, angry and sad all at the once, and whatever else you do. You are entitled to that, you really genuinely are.

You know, I used to think that way myself. I was widowed twice by the time I was 24. My Mum told me not to get married again, as it didn't seem to ever work out for me. But in the end, here we are. All the best for tomorrow  (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 minutes ago, cdneh said:

Shining up the dark side? You have every right to feel cheated, shortchanged, angry and sad all at the once, and whatever else you do. You are entitled to that, you really genuinely are.

You know, I used to think that way myself. I was widowed twice by the time I was 24. My Mum told me not to get married again, as it didn't seem to ever work out for me. But in the end, here we are. All the best for tomorrow  (F)

Thanks cdneh, hugs to you & I'm so sorry that you have understanding of this.
It took a long time for true love to find it's way to me & despite my whining about my situation(& again thankyou for allowing my outpourings) I am also very thankful to have experienced something so special with Ryan. 

I'm so glad things have worked out for you ❤️

Timeline
1 hour ago, SAT said:

And don't you have a couple of ferrets? 

il_fullxfull.303886444.jpg.cf_zpsrwwsnbn

Fuzzy and warm....Duh! 

Well yes but they wont stay still. Always jumping and running around. 

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

Well yes but they wont stay still. Always jumping and running around. 

To make ferret stole;

1- kill ferret*

2- skin ferret

3- tan ferret pelt

4- enjoy years of warm and fuzziness

5- voila!

*special attention to step #1

Timeline
Just now, SAT said:

To make ferret stole;

1- kill ferret*