N-o-l-a

That Itch You Can't Rant About (The Rant Thread)

2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 hours ago, Russ&Caro said:

Mongolia

North Dakota

Santa's Realm

North’s Dakota is at least a “developing” area. Hush you. There are no bookstores within 2 hours of where I live. 😭 People look like they are getting plenty to eat. 

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

4 hours ago, N-o-l-a said:

Rant:  This morning I was 10lbs heavier than I was about a year ago, but I'm not any bigger. I know it is because I have more muscle, especially in my legs after all that bedrest, but the number on the scale is really bothering me. My waist and my love handles are exactly the same size (which is frustrating). I workout a fair bit and I've been pushing it pretty hard. 

I feel like I either need to just cut calories and lose muscle mass to lose weight, or just accept where I am body weight wise.

Double on cardio.

(Saw that on a YouTube video; don't know from experience as I'm a seasoned and very proud couch potato).

4 hours ago, N-o-l-a said:

Rant:  This morning I was 10lbs heavier than I was about a year ago, but I'm not any bigger. I know it is because I have more muscle, especially in my legs after all that bedrest, but the number on the scale is really bothering me. My waist and my love handles are exactly the same size (which is frustrating). I workout a fair bit and I've been pushing it pretty hard. 

I feel like I either need to just cut calories and lose muscle mass to lose weight, or just accept where I am body weight wise.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76111290b130ab72440110

Depending on the time of day or your time of the month you could be 2-5lbs heavier for water weight.  

Also as long as you continue to resistance train and keep your protein levels high (at least .8g-1g per lb) you should lose minimal muscle during a CICO type weight loss diet change. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

12 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Double on cardio.

(Saw that on a YouTube video; don't know from experience as I'm a seasoned and very proud couch potato).

Cardio actually only burns calories during the activity.  So the other day I ran for an average of 4.8mph going up and down hills on the treadmill and apparently burned 349 calories during my 40 mins of work.  

Building muscle will raise your lean body mass and provide a higher metabolic rate. But building muscle often requires eating at a surplus or a lot of work during a recomp.  A recomp is slow so people tend to bulk and cut. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

6 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Cardio actually only burns calories during the activity.  So the other day I ran for an average of 4.8mph going up and down hills on the treadmill and apparently burned 349 calories during my 40 mins of work.  

Building muscle will raise your lean body mass and provide a higher metabolic rate. But building muscle often requires eating at a surplus or a lot of work during a recomp.  A recomp is slow so people tend to bulk and cut. 

Ideally you should do both: one to increase metabolic rate by building muscle and the other to increase heart rate and burn fat. 

There are so many theories, and in my view it is more about trial an error; seeing how your body responds.

In any case, I'm a happy couch potato: no science needed. :P

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Timeline
30 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Depending on the time of day or your time of the month you could be 2-5lbs heavier for water weight.  

Also as long as you continue to resistance train and keep your protein levels high (at least .8g-1g per lb) you should lose minimal muscle during a CICO type weight loss diet change. 

I’m post ovulation, so I’m up a little from that and then it goes down again in 2 weeks. It isn’t much though and this has been some slow weight gain since I started going harder with weights. 

I’m not sure I’m disciplined enough to stick to calorie counting long term. I need to refocus on it. 

I might be wrong, but with that much protein, wouldn’t I be over calories or not really have room for anything else?

When I do cardio in between my other days, I almost always do it with weights. I’m more interested in building stamina, than raw calorie burning. My job can be extremely physically demanding at times and then I need to carry people out of buildings....

Besides having some extra belly fat, I’m not unhappy with my body. Maybe I just need a tummy tuck. 

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Russ&Caro said:

Santa's Realm

Ability to produce toys for all the world's Christmas-celebrating children between making a final determination of naughty or nice for the year and Christmas Day requires some pretty high-level tech or magic, I'd think... :lol:

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
2 hours ago, SAT said:

All conversations must lead to fallopian chat...

If your body operated on a cycle, you'd talk about it too.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, N-o-l-a said:

If your body operated on a cycle, you'd talk about it too.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, MAN

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline
On 8/12/2019 at 2:30 PM, N-o-l-a said:

Your grandmother and mine have similar stories! My grandmother was also brought to Germany to work on a farm and it was the first time in her life she had enough food and had decent clothes to wear. She was also a bit upset to leave, but married my grandfather (a British soldier who was coming through) when she was 17, had a baby not long after. It wasn't a happy love story for them, unfortunately.

There was talk of another baby she had in Germany before that and I was kind of hoping to find a match with ancestry, but I don't think too many Germans use it.

I'm almost a little surprised the German authorities didn't take the baby with how many Polish children they stole.

The same it was to my grandmother. And she was able to send food supplies to her family in Poland while working on a farm in Germany. Despite it being war and all it seemed not that bad kind of situation. She might got something much worse, including death.

My grandfather volunteered to go to the forced labor in Germany. When you volunteered you could choose where to go, instead of being sent forcefully to who knows where.

I was really suprised she was send back to Poland to give birth. Why she couldn't give birth in Germany? (I'll ask my aunt if she knows the reason) My grandma had some papers/documents and all, but I was surprised she didn't run away when in Poland.

Nonetheless it's an interesting story. My grandma's older brother stayed in Germany after war, got married and lived his whole life there. I don't remember if they ever meet after the war.

12 hours ago, N-o-l-a said:

I’m post ovulation, so I’m up a little from that and then it goes down again in 2 weeks. It isn’t much though and this has been some slow weight gain since I started going harder with weights. 

I’m not sure I’m disciplined enough to stick to calorie counting long term. I need to refocus on it. 

I might be wrong, but with that much protein, wouldn’t I be over calories or not really have room for anything else?

When I do cardio in between my other days, I almost always do it with weights. I’m more interested in building stamina, than raw calorie burning. My job can be extremely physically demanding at times and then I need to carry people out of buildings....

Besides having some extra belly fat, I’m not unhappy with my body. Maybe I just need a tummy tuck. 

You're gonna have a mommy tummy.  You either get a tummy tuck, lose so much weight that you're uncomfortable and unhappy (still likely with lose skin) or decide to just rock out what the gods gave you.  Some moms never get them. Sounds like you and I were blessed with showing we carried babies. I have learned to say screw it, i have stretch marks, i have loose skin, and if you dont like it, look away.

My calories right now is 1380. I eat 138g of protein, 45g of fat which leaves about 105g of carbs. 

14 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Ideally you should do both: one to increase metabolic rate by building muscle and the other to increase heart rate and burn fat. 

There are so many theories, and in my view it is more about trial an error; seeing how your body responds.

In any case, I'm a happy couch potato: no science needed. :P

A recomp is hard so thats why people cut and bulk.  Knowing your body's TDEE or total daily energy expenditure is very much trial and error. 

Normal gym goer cardio is not effective at burning calories or fat. It is good for circulation  improvmemt  it can be good if you do it at a good intensity ir have resistance or for a long period. 

Edited by NikLR

Timeline
1 hour ago, NikLR said:

You're gonna have a mommy tummy.  You either get a tummy tuck, lose so much weight that you're uncomfortable and unhappy (still likely with lose skin) or decide to just rock out what the gods gave you.  Some moms never get them. Sounds like you and I were blessed with showing we carried babies. I have learned to say screw it, i have stretch marks, i have loose skin, and if you dont like it, look away.

My calories right now is 1380. I eat 138g of protein, 45g of fat which leaves about 105g of carbs. 

Yeah, I don't doubt that. I got huge all 3 times. Although it did go away enough for my sake about 4 years post baby with the first. I'm only 18 months out, I need to cut myself some slack.  I'm an apple body shape, so that doesn't help either. I've got to stop looking at the perfect women who snap right back to a size 2 and realize it isn't me.

So, with 138, are you just eating meat or eggs with every meal? I'm dairy and soy free. I was thinking nuts would be a good supplement, but I see the amount I'd normally eat in a day (1/4 cup) isn't very much at all.  I need to start logging again, but I suspect I'm probably getting less than half that amount.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Captains log stardate 54820.1.

It has been 12 hours since the latest outbreak of Fallopian chat aboard the ship. 

It has now evolved into postpartum chat....