PP_2016

I-751 June 2019 Filers

1,144 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
12 hours ago, Kbgbon said:

Hi

Can anyone tell me, Is it now a must that every i751 filer will be interviewed ? 

I use to think after you receive extensions, depending on your documents , that’s what determines whether you get you 10years or you get called for interview.

I need your opinion about this, 

thanks

I am not sure anyone but the USCIS knows for certain. (it's probably never ALL cases) Going by the documentation you find here there seems to be an increase in the amount of interviews in more recently filed i-751. Which is a for better or worse situation. 

If you have a busy local office and have to have an interview scheduled you might have to wait longer but if the local office quicker you could get through the process relatively fast.

I personally welcomed an interview if would get us the 10year GC quicker. I loathe dealing with these processes so the quicker the better for me regardless of the interview requirement.

Edited by MalachiPDX

On 11/7/2019 at 1:19 PM, Vickyxd said:

Texas center (SRC) people - what's your timeline ?

Received my letter for biometrics today for Nov. 20th! 

That's the first thing I've heard since they received it June 7th - SRC service center

5/8/16 : Entered US on J1 | 3/10/17 : Married | 3/29/17 AOS/EAD/AP Filed | 7/14/17 : EAD Received | 9/7/17 : Green Card Received

I-751 ROC: 6/3/19 : Mailed I-751 | 6/7/19: I-751 Notice Date | 6/11/19: 18 month extension letter - SRC Service Center |

11/20/19: Biometrics Completed | 5/18/20: Approval Letter Received (no interview) | 5/21/20: 10 year Green Card Received

N-400

6/3/20 : Naturalization filing window opened

8/7/20: N-400 filed and paid online

10/28/28: I-797 Notice of reuse of previous biometrics

11/30/20: Interview Scheduled for 1/12/21

1/12/21: Interview Passed!

1/19/21: Oath Ceremony scheduled for 2/9/21

2/9/21: Oath Ceremony | Now a US Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
1 hour ago, oodlesofpoodles said:

That's the first thing I've heard since they received it June 7th - SRC service center

Wow they're taking extra slow. I received a letter they're going to reuse my biometrics in September... Didn't hear anything ever since. I'm just hoping there will no no RFE...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Got approved yesterday. The whole process took 30 minutes walking in to out the door of the building. There was no one else doing interviews at the time but us. The interview itself inside the lady's office took 10 minutes. The USCIS officer  took us both at the same time and had our file with every paper we've submitted for this process.

She asked, how did you two meet? When did you start dating? Who proposed? How was the proposal? do you have kids?

At the same time she was filling out a form and checking some information like: full name, SSN, address.

At the end she said we were approved and that we should get the new card in a week or so.

10 hours ago, JB209 said:

Got approved yesterday. The whole process took 30 minutes walking in to out the door of the building. There was no one else doing interviews at the time but us. The interview itself inside the lady's office took 10 minutes. The USCIS officer  took us both at the same time and had our file with every paper we've submitted for this process.

She asked, how did you two meet? When did you start dating? Who proposed? How was the proposal? do you have kids?

At the same time she was filling out a form and checking some information like: full name, SSN, address.

At the end she said we were approved and that we should get the new card in a week or so.

Congratulations, you were approve 10 days after me, I send my case in jun 22

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Just now, Hope119 said:

Did you guys have a lot of money in your saving and checking account? I wonder if not having enough money can cause any problems in the i751 process?

Not a problem.  

USCIS wants to see commingling of finances - shared income & shared expenses.  USCIS does not care how much money they have.   

1 hour ago, aaron2020 said:

Not a problem.  

USCIS wants to see commingling of finances - shared income & shared expenses.  USCIS does not care how much money they have.   

Ok Thanks

Yup, hubby just got a letter with a biometric appointment even though he was sent one before that stated he did not need them since they were using the old one.

Texas application.

On 11/1/2019 at 7:32 PM, tmac676767 said:

My application is through Nebraska Service Center too and I just received biometrics appointment for Nov 13th as well. Looks like we are on the same timeline :) 

A quick update. I completed the  biometrics appointment on Nov 13th  and I received the following update in USCIS website in that evening.

"We will prepare your case for officer review.  If we need more information, we will notify you."

So, is it probably mean that we will just  have to wait for either 1/Approval or 2/Interview Request, isn't it?

Edited by tmac676767

On 11/9/2019 at 5:34 PM, oodlesofpoodles said:

we received the letter saying they were gonna reuse the biometrics in September 21st and then received a new letter with a biometrics appointment in November 13. The appointment is for nov 19.

hopefully this just means they will send another response faster after this is done!

On 11/9/2019 at 6:45 PM, Vickyxd said:

Wow they're taking extra slow. I received a letter they're going to reuse my biometrics in September... Didn't hear anything ever since. I'm just hoping there will no no RFE...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Hubby1 said:

we received the letter saying they were gonna reuse the biometrics in September 21st and then received a new letter with a biometrics appointment in November 13. The appointment is for nov 19.

hopefully this just means they will send another response faster after this is done!

I just received a letter today with my biometrics appointment on Nov 25! Looks like we have similar timeline :)

10 minutes ago, Vickyxd said:

I just received a letter today with my biometrics appointment on Nov 25! Looks like we have similar timeline :)

Awesome! Lets hope for a faster process after that!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.