PP_2016

I-751 June 2019 Filers

1,144 posts in this topic

On 11/22/2019 at 2:35 PM, Ring of the lord said:

Congratulations, where’s your local office ?

Thank you. Local office Tampa. My file number starts with MSC and it was processed at National Benefit Center after Biometrics.

On 11/22/2019 at 5:00 PM, Ctman2019 said:

Congrats.5 months only wow that was fast 🤔

Thank you. yes around 5 and half months. Got much delayed in CR1 visa and here in IR1 got some advantage due to MSC file number.

On 11/22/2019 at 8:53 PM, Crissgut said:

How was your interview, they approved?

yes I got my verbal approval from the officer. Status changed to approved same day after Interview. Next day status changed to New card produced. And yesterday received my card in mail in 8 days.

On 11/22/2019 at 2:25 PM, cadtousa said:

I have not posted in last 2 years but have been following up this timeline as I have applied in June 2019 as well for removal of condition I-751.

I had my Interview yesterday and it got approved. I will post a full Interview post.

Filled I-751      June 5th 2019

Biometrics      July 2019

Interview date Nov 21st 2019

So as per my promise to all, I am posting my Interview although this is very personal so I am not going into detail for all our answers as those things varies case by case.

I would say stay calm, confident and happy. Reply to all questions with correct information and have a good coordination with your partner while replying. Provide some photographs for couple of recent trips which shows your relationship with your partner and bonding with your family and friends.

Here is my Interview experience on Nov 21st at Tampa USCIS office.

Our Interview time was 11.45 AM.

Me and my wife reached early around 11.20 AM. We went through security check and was asked to remove metal items and keep it in a bin. It was quick.  After that we did initial check and received a token number and was advised to proceed in right side where there was a waiting area and few counters. Those window counters were going through some Interviews and after 15 minutes once those Interviews are done it was closed for a lunch break. We thought it will be a long wait and no further Interview will be done during lunch time. After that we notice they called couple of tokens to follow them in the corner and there was an alley. So we presumed the family Interviews were happening separately in field officer's office. Almost after waiting for more than 1 and half hour our token was called by an officer around 1.15 pm.

We gave our token and was asked to follow her to the last office in the alley. Once in the room, we greeted the officer and said hello. Officer greeter us and asked to stand straight and take an oath that we will speak all truth during the Interview. Me and my wife agreed and said yes. After that we were asked to sit. Officer asked me for all the IDs. I provided my Green card, driving license and passport. Officer asked my wife for her driving license. Officer verified all IDs.

After that officer asked me for the finger print of my right and left thumb and took my photo on the photo machine. 

1. Officer told our marriage date. We said yes this is correct date.

2. Officer asked why I came so late after marriage? Me and my wife told it took time through the green card process.

3. Officer asked how did you manage to stay alone during that processing time? We replied together with couple of things. How we kept in touch. how my wife visited me during long weekend and we spent quality time.

4. Officer asked us how did you two met each other? Me and my wife told the story. After that I provided our marriage album. Officer was very happy to see those pictures and commented on my wife's dress. Officer took one of our photo with our family for a print. Officer asked how many people came to your marriage function? We provided some details.

5. Officer asked my wife where does she work? My wife gave her a response with her position  and job place information.

6. Officer asked my status in Canada and how I came to Canada. (This was asked as my birth place is different than Canada) I provided all details and my PR card from Canada.

7. Officer asked did you bring your current financial statements? We provided all copies of recent 6 months joint bank statements. I told her she can keep these statements copy for their records. (We have attached 6 months joint statements with our initial application as well)

8. Officer asked me where did we stay when I migrated to U.S. ? We provided all explanation of initial time and where we stayed initially and where we are staying right now from last 1year and 9 months. Also I gave some recent photos from our trips in this year which shows me and my wife visiting places and few picture with our family as well. Officer was really impressed as we visited many places in the U.S. and spent time with family as well.

9. Officer went through our paper application form to verify name, address, date of birth, current address and other information are all correct. 

10. Officer told us to wait. she gets up and took all government IDs and couple photos to the printing station and took copy for her records. 

11. Officer told us she does not have any further questions and my greencard is approved. Also she told that I am eligible to apply for Citizenship before 3 months of 3 year anniversary from that date I migrated in the U.S.. Officer asked if we have any questions. We said no we are good thank you for the approval.

We greeted the officer and was asked to follow her till the waiting hall. It was around 20 minutes. This is it we were so happy to get the approval.

Thank you all for your great post. I am following Visa journey from last 3 years now. And I can say this is the right place with all the information you need to file your visa application.

Thank you!

Edited by cadtousa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 minutes ago, cadtousa said:

11. Officer told us she does not have any further questions and my greencard is approved. Also she told that I am eligible to apply for Citizenship before 3 months of 3 year anniversary from that date I migrated in the U.S.. Officer asked if we have any questions. We said no we are good thank you for the approval.

Ah! I forgot our interviewer also went over citizenship. 

Over all your interview was similar to ours. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Interview tomorrow😁

TIMELINE

31 May 2016 - legally married in Estonia, just the 2 of us
27 July 2016 - wedding ceremony & reception

USCIS Phase

08 September 2016 - I-130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox (FILED FROM ABROAD)

14 September - I-130 received at Nebraska Service Center

16 September - NOA1 via e-mail

29 September - notice returned to USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it

22 November - NOA1 finally received in the mail (in the US)

31 March 2017 - NOA 2 via e-mail, app and USCIS website

3 April - NOA 2 received in the mail (in the US)

11 April - Case Was Sent to Department of State 

NVC Phase

17 April - Case received by NVC

20 April - NVC case number assigned

21 April -  DS-261 Completed Online
25 April - Welcome e-mail received, AOS fee paid
27 April - IV fee Invoiced, IV fee paid
6 May - DS-260 Completed
10 May - AOS and IV package sent

15 May - Scan date

12 July - Case complete 😀
14 July - P4 Interview Letter

08 August - Medical

17 August - INTERVIEW - approved!
18 August - VISA ISSUED
23 August - Picked up the PASSPORT with the VISA inside

26 August - Immigrant Fee paid
18 September, 2017 - POE 

Removal Of Conditions

25 June, 2019 - ROC packet sent 
27 June - ROC packet delivered

Timeline

Approved. Officer said the new card will be in the mail 2-4 weeks from now. 

TIMELINE

USCIS Phase

29 September - notice returned to USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it

NVC Phase

6 May - DS-260 Completed

15 May - Scan date

08 August - Medical

18 August - VISA ISSUED

18 September, 2017 - POE 

Removal Of Conditions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 minutes ago, heyusa said:

Approved. Officer said the new card will be in the mail 2-4 weeks from now. 

Congrats!!! 

Timeline
12 hours ago, MalachiPDX said:

This is how the status updated on the OLD egov.uscis.gov site: 

usciscase.PNG

I just got new card is being produced update today😃

TIMELINE

USCIS Phase

NVC Phase

6 May - DS-260 Completed

15 May - Scan date

08 August - Medical

18 August - VISA ISSUED

18 September, 2017 - POE 

Removal Of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.