EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Even when they sent the birth cert in the package?

Yes, it seems to be a confusing and common RFE with AOS lately.

K1 Visa Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/00/2019    Interview approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

Adjustment Of Status Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copies

07/05/2019    Biometrics walk-in

09/30/2019    Interview scheduled (electronic notification)

10/23/2019    EAD/AP approved

11/00/2019    AOS Interview approved!

11/08/2019    Green card is being produced

11/16/2019    Green card in hand

1 hour ago, Biffa said:

God I am so mad. Just got an alert for my i145 (was hoping it would be EAD) and an RFE has been sent out... We have literally sent everything and have paid our lawyer thousands... What the hell could they possibly need!?!?!? 

I received an RFIE too (I filed in July).  It's for a birth certificate.  From what it seems like, most RFIEs are quite innocuous and nothing to worry much about it.  It might delay the case by a few weeks to a month, assuming you respond in a timely manner.  But that's about it.

On 10/7/2019 at 4:28 PM, Eric&Mirella said:

Same here, I went from a high paying corporate job, working at least 50 hours a week to stay at home and watch tv until exhaustion. I could go out but costs money, it’s hot out there and I don’t know my way around at all on public transport in this city.  I’m thankful for being with my husband after 3 years but I’m honestly feeling desperate to “restart” my life.  

Oh I feel exactly how you feel. It’s actually making me scared to go back in corporate because I feel rusty and not updated with business trends specific to my industry expertise. Keep yer head up, we’ll get there soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Southern_Belle07 said:

Oh I feel exactly how you feel. It’s actually making me scared to go back in corporate because I feel rusty and not updated with business trends specific to my industry expertise. Keep yer head up, we’ll get there soon.

Me too, I’m afraid of being rejected lol 😆  I can’t wait for that EAD 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

So we've received a RFE letter from USCIS. It says we didn't include my husband's latest (2018) tax return, which we did include. We resubmitted the documents today, hopefully it will go smoothly this time. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/8/2019 at 5:16 PM, Firenz&Taylor said:

First post, sorry if is in the wrong place.

There are many things to be doing outside of a work life. I have been steadily growing out each week. As a business analyst, i have made some inroads with potential bosses simply through getting involved

Here some thoughts to get you all moving:

Online courses

Coursera | Edx | MITx

these can boost your CV and show proactiveness. uDemy is lacklustre

Community engagement

volunteermatch.org | you are allowed to volunteer. Google your ""city" and "volunteer" and you could find something easily. I have been volunteering at summer events and met many people

Meetup.com | there are networking and social activities on here

Facebook | go to events and look for events in cities near you

Sport - summer sports have concluded, but see winter social sports. If you run, find a running club

Professional Networking:

EventBrite - scores networking events

Conferences - whatever your industry there are dozens of paid AND free conferences/lunches to attend.

For professional stuff, look out for lunch and learns, and teaching events. There is no law against being able to network.

Also read this https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/fiancees

Thank you for this!

Our income is very limited so I'll see what I can do to hopefully keep myself busy.

I wanted to volunteer at my local humane society, but they require to be involved for at least 3 months, and I know I'll be able to work before the end of those three months. I'll see if I can find anything else!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, TrickorTea said:

Thank you for this!

Our income is very limited so I'll see what I can do to hopefully keep myself busy.

I wanted to volunteer at my local humane society, but they require to be involved for at least 3 months, and I know I'll be able to work before the end of those three months. I'll see if I can find anything else!

I tried meetup.com and it has so many activities including languages groups,hiking and people who just get together to drink tea or coffee. I thought it was going to cost money but some activities will even provide you with equipment. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
5 hours ago, Moe428 said:

I received an RFIE too (I filed in July).  It's for a birth certificate.  From what it seems like, most RFIEs are quite innocuous and nothing to worry much about it.  It might delay the case by a few weeks to a month, assuming you respond in a timely manner.  But that's about it.

Hopefully it’s only that. Was your interview scheduled pretty quickly after they received the evidence? Trying to work out whether this is a step before getting your interview scheduled relatively quickly after. 

1 minute ago, Biffa said:

Hopefully it’s only that. Was your interview scheduled pretty quickly after they received the evidence? Trying to work out whether this is a step before getting your interview scheduled relatively quickly after. 

I haven't responded yet, I received it earlier this week.  But looking at data from other people who had the same issue, it seems like they get the "Interview is ready to be scheduled" status within a few weeks after the response gets delivered.  The actual scheduling of the interview can take months because of how busy the local office might be.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
36 minutes ago, TrickorTea said:

I decided to refresh the USCIS case tracker app out on a whim a few minutes ago, and my case just got updated!!

I know that it could take some time before my interview, but I'm so relieved to know that my case has been touched! I was truly expecting to get my Green Card in 2021 due to the processing times at the Seattle office.

Today was especially hard mental health wise, so it's nice to have some good news :)

578915490.png

Might still get the green card in 2021 come to think of it, but at least change is better than no change!

Edited by TrickorTea

Timeline
12 minutes ago, TrickorTea said:

Might still get the green card in 2021 come to think of it, but at least change is better than no change!

Yay!!! The good thing is that chances of getting an RFE are very low at this stage. Congrats!! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, TrickorTea said:

Congrats!! The Denver office said it's taking 20.5 - 39.5 months and I got my Interview Scheduled notice 2 days ago! Hang in there I dont think it will be nearly that long for you either! (I still havent heard anything about my EAD or AP lol) but that doesnt matter I guess! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
21 minutes ago, KelsJosh said:

Congrats!! The Denver office said it's taking 20.5 - 39.5 months and I got my Interview Scheduled notice 2 days ago! Hang in there I dont think it will be nearly that long for you either! (I still havent heard anything about my EAD or AP lol) but that doesnt matter I guess! 

Processing time for Denver office is 10.5 months to 39.5 months, where can you see 20.5 months to 39.5 months?

Screenshot_20191010-094019.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
41 minutes ago, ds2 said:

Processing time for Denver office is 10.5 months to 39.5 months, where can you see 20.5 months to 39.5 months?

My guess is that it fluctuated at some point. I know the Chicago office was fluctuating like crazy at one point so I stopped checking it.

K1 Visa Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/00/2019    Interview approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

Adjustment Of Status Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copies

07/05/2019    Biometrics walk-in

09/30/2019    Interview scheduled (electronic notification)

10/23/2019    EAD/AP approved

11/00/2019    AOS Interview approved!

11/08/2019    Green card is being produced

11/16/2019    Green card in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.