EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

"B" means there isn't time to finish a series and "F" means the influenza vaccine wasn't available at the time. Both are accepted waivers and you should be okay. I'm assuming it wasn't flu season when your medical was done?

Thank you. That's correct it wasnt flu season. But my wife got the flu vaccine and MMR once she got here. Wish us luck 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Pablito said:

Thank you. That's correct it wasnt flu season. But my wife got the flu vaccine and MMR once she got here. Wish us luck 

Good luck, of course!!! You should be fine. Keep us posted!

Timeline

Just reporting back because my husband got a job today ❤️ He goes back tomorrow to get his schedule, so looks like he'll be starting this week.

He had been looking and applying diligently for the last month or so, and I think it was starting to really get to him that he hadn't gotten an interview or a serious response. Then, randomly we got a call on Sunday about a job, and today they officially hired him.

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, beloved_dingo said:

Just reporting back because my husband got a job today ❤️ He goes back tomorrow to get his schedule, so looks like he'll be starting this week.

He had been looking and applying diligently for the last month or so, and I think it was starting to really get to him that he hadn't gotten an interview or a serious response. Then, randomly we got a call on Sunday about a job, and today they officially hired him.

Congratulations!!!! That's excellent! I hope he loves it!

On 1/10/2020 at 5:52 PM, Ironbearroca said:

194 days from receipt date-  case approved! Our interview was in the Los Angeles Field office. It lasted for about 20 minutes, mainly going over the paperwork— specifically our basic information and the I-485 questions. We had our baby with us and arrived 30 mins earlier to take into account security checks. Our IDs and appointment letter were asked for before entering the building and my ID (the applicant) again during checkin at the field office. 

The person in charge of our case was really cool— he went through our application quite fast showing his experience. He then requested for any additional documents to show proof of marriage that we collected between the period of submission and the interview. Not any questions on our relationship (on how we met, how we fell in love, etc). Made a correction to our baby’s birth date as well. He approved us on the spot giving me a 10 year card and the status update email from USCIS came in a few hours after. Very lucky indeed as we just had our 2 year anniversary days before the interview making me eligible for the 10 year card. 

Tip: Dress nicely, as if going to a job interview. Keep tabs on your folders (I scrambled in pressure) even though I knew everything was in order! Take a second to understand each question. 

Wishing everyone the best! 

Hi, we have our interview scheduled for next month and need to know how long the whole interview in the LA office lasted, as our interview is at 8:15 and I have to get to work by 11. Can you let me know how long yours took? Congrats on your approval!

3 hours ago, Mimiso said:

Hi, we have our interview scheduled for next month and need to know how long the whole interview in the LA office lasted, as our interview is at 8:15 and I have to get to work by 11. Can you let me know how long yours took? Congrats on your approval!

My interview was scheduled at 8:15am as well! We were checked in by 8:20am and waited for about 30min. I remember heading back down to the lobby close to 10am. There’s a parking lot across the street as well for convenience. Hoping you land a great and experienced interviewer as it truly makes a difference in the speed they conduct the review. All the best and thank you!

Edited by Ironbearroca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" today! won't know the date until I get the snail mail. NYC local office seems to be super slow in general but I'm just glad they didnt forget about me. lol

Has anyone managed to get their medical exam expenses covered by the insurance btw? I had to do an exam ($300 in upper east side) and a chest xray ($75 in upper east side, my civil surgeon referred me to a radiologist nearby) but neither of them was sent to the insurance company, so I have to file the claim myself. I know everyone has different insurance plans but just want to know if these immigration procedures can count as "preventative". Also, how much do ppl pay for these exams in other parts of the US? 

Adjustment Of Status

06/14/2019    Application sent

06/26/2019    NOA1 Issued

07/01/2019    NOA1 hard copy

07/16/2019    Biometrics

10/17/2016    Status updated: "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

12/09/2019    EAD Approved 

02/19/2020    Status updated: "Interview Was Scheduled"

02/24/2020    Interview schedule notice received (snail mail)

04/09/2020    Interview canceled due to covid-19 lockdown

08/12/2020    Status updated: "Interview Was Scheduled"

08/20/2020    Interview reschedule notice received (snail mail)

09/14/2020    Interview at the USCIS Field Office, new card being produced 

09/16/2020    Case approved, Card mailed

46 minutes ago, Malaka2019 said:

Status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" today! won't know the date until I get the snail mail. NYC local office seems to be super slow in general but I'm just glad they didnt forget about me. lol

Has anyone managed to get their medical exam expenses covered by the insurance btw? I had to do an exam ($300 in upper east side) and a chest xray ($75 in upper east side, my civil surgeon referred me to a radiologist nearby) but neither of them was sent to the insurance company, so I have to file the claim myself. I know everyone has different insurance plans but just want to know if these immigration procedures can count as "preventative". Also, how much do ppl pay for these exams in other parts of the US? 

Congratulations on getting interview scheduled. Can you share your timeline? Are you living in Manhattan or queens/Brooklyn?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Ring of the lord said:

Congratulations on getting interview scheduled. Can you share your timeline? Are you living in Manhattan or queens/Brooklyn?

I’m from Queens but got scheduled in Manhattan. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Great news!

My EaD has finally been approved!

Just got the update today on myUSCIS, the card has been ordered and should be delivered soon.

I had an issue with RFIE (it took me 2 months to get my hands on the documents needed) but finally it feels like the agony will be over soon.

I can't wait to get started working. I've been feeling like a broke teenager for the past 10 months hahahahaha.

2 hours ago, Moraesm said:

Great news!

My EaD has finally been approved!

Just got the update today on myUSCIS, the card has been ordered and should be delivered soon.

I had an issue with RFIE (it took me 2 months to get my hands on the documents needed) but finally it feels like the agony will be over soon.

I can't wait to get started working. I've been feeling like a broke teenager for the past 10 months hahahahaha.

such a long wait... huge congrats!

Edited by nyj215

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ring of the lord said:

Thanks! my timeline is in my signature but if you cant see it; 

Adjustment Of Status

07/16/2019    Biometrics

12/09/2019    EAD Approved 

I live in Manhattan.

Adjustment Of Status

07/16/2019    Biometrics

12/09/2019    EAD Approved 

02/24/2020    Interview schedule notice received (snail mail)

04/09/2020    Interview canceled due to covid-19 lockdown

08/12/2020    Status updated: "Interview Was Scheduled"

08/20/2020    Interview reschedule notice received (snail mail)

09/14/2020    Interview at the USCIS Field Office, new card being produced 

09/16/2020    Case approved, Card mailed

On 2/18/2020 at 5:49 PM, Ironbearroca said:

My interview was scheduled at 8:15am as well! We were checked in by 8:20am and waited for about 30min. I remember heading back down to the lobby close to 10am. There’s a parking lot across the street as well for convenience. Hoping you land a great and experienced interviewer as it truly makes a difference in the speed they conduct the review. All the best and thank you!

Thank you for the extra info and well wishes! I might have to take an extra hour off of work just in case. Goodness, I hate going into downtown LA but hopefully it will be short. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.