EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
1 hour ago, beloved_dingo said:

I've been getting documents together for our interview this month, and I've made a checklist of all the items we are bringing. Thought it might be helpful to others, but also wanted to see if anyone notices something missing from this list that we might need. 

o AOS Interview Letter

o His passport

o My passport

o My driver’s license

o His birth certificate (Original + Copy)

o My birth certificate (Original + Copy)

o Marriage certificate (Original + Copy)

o My Divorce Decree (Original + Copy)

o Copy of DS-3025

o Updated I-864 form + 2018 Tax transcript + recent paystubs

o Most recent I-94

o All USCIS Notices (K1/EAD/AP/AOS/Biometrics)

o EAD/AP Combo Card

o Lease with both names (Original + Copy)

o Mobile Phone account with both names/numbers

o Progressive Car Insurance docs showing spouse

o Capital One credit card statements showing purchases from both cards/names

o Health Power of Attorney for me (Original + Copy)

o Health Power of Attorney for him (Original + Copy)

o Receipts/Itineraries for trips & reservations

o Photos – wedding, traveling, with family etc.

o Utility Bill in both names (AMS water bill)

o Facebook marriage announcement

If I'm able to file taxes before our interview on the 29th, I'm going to redo our I-864 with the new info and bring the new tax transcript etc. If not, I'm just going to bring recent paystubs and the 2018 transcript. We will probably also include some sort of proof that he is on my bank account, but we just got him added and haven't even activated his debit card yet. So we'll see. 

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Looks like you have more than enough for the interview! Make sure to go over the AOS packet with your spouse so that all answers coincide with what's listed in it. But overall, you guys seem good to go. Good luck at your interview!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 1/7/2020 at 9:59 AM, kittyanne said:

Did they?? Without interview?

The customer care executive said that my application is still within processing time for Denver FO.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
12 hours ago, beloved_dingo said:

Congrats to both of you! Let us know when your interviews are scheduled once you get the notice :) 

Thanks! Sure!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I submitted AOS June 06 for Boston, MA

RFE mailed back and Received Aug 23

AOS Green Card interview notice date Jan 03

EAD Card Jan 05

AOS GC Interview is Feb 07 

I have some questions regarding prepping for the interview material. On the check list, i693 (medical examination) and i864(affidavit of support) are required. I'm pretty sure I submitted both of those with my i485 but I don't have copies. What do I do if I am not sure? I definitely don't have the sealed envelope of my medical records. Do people usually go get another medical exam prior to interview? And for affidavit of support, should I fill it out all over again?

And what's "All Documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status"?

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Sam&Olive said:

EAD Card Jan 05

I have some questions regarding prepping for the interview material. On the check list, i693 (medical examination) and i864(affidavit of support) are required. I'm pretty sure I submitted both of those with my i485 but I don't have copies. What do I do if I am not sure? I definitely don't have the sealed envelope of my medical records. Do people usually go get another medical exam prior to interview? And for affidavit of support, should I fill it out all over again?

And what's "All Documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status"?

Congrats on getting the interview scheduled! 

I-693 and I-864 are not required at the interview if they were submitted with the initial packet.

If you are unsure if you've submitted the I-864 and do not have a copy of it, I'd fill one out again just in case. USCIS is notorious for losing pages/files. I'd also bring along income and tax-return transcripts if you have any just in case as well.

Did you not receive a copy of the I-693 for yourself from the civil surgeon? If you weren't provided one, the civil surgeon that did the paperwork for you may still be able to provide you one. Other than that, the only other option would be to redo it (hopefully you won't need to). 

Documentation establishing eligibility in your case (assuming this is greencard based on marriage) is anything that proves you're in a bona fide marriage. So joint bank accounts, lease with both your names for cars/apartment, photos at family events, wedding photos, etc would qualify under that. 

Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, Sam&Olive said:

EAD Card Jan 05

(unless already submitted)

you can bring copies of the stuff you have available to you, but you wont have a copy of the medical report. you can bring the vaccination report though if you want to be sure.

the last part is your bonafides, things like leases, or utility bills, anything that proves your bonafides as a married couple

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We got our letter that we are scheduled.  In our case, they transferred our interview from San Francisco to San Jose.  We're scheduled for February 7, which is much sooner than I expected.  Now to start pulling our docs together.  Thanks for the checklist @beloved_dingo !!!

194 days from receipt date-  case approved! Our interview was in the Los Angeles Field office. It lasted for about 20 minutes, mainly going over the paperwork— specifically our basic information and the I-485 questions. We had our baby with us and arrived 30 mins earlier to take into account security checks. Our IDs and appointment letter were asked for before entering the building and my ID (the applicant) again during checkin at the field office. 

The person in charge of our case was really cool— he went through our application quite fast showing his experience. He then requested for any additional documents to show proof of marriage that we collected between the period of submission and the interview. Not any questions on our relationship (on how we met, how we fell in love, etc). Made a correction to our baby’s birth date as well. He approved us on the spot giving me a 10 year card and the status update email from USCIS came in a few hours after. Very lucky indeed as we just had our 2 year anniversary days before the interview making me eligible for the 10 year card. 

Tip: Dress nicely, as if going to a job interview. Keep tabs on your folders (I scrambled in pressure) even though I knew everything was in order! Take a second to understand each question. 

Wishing everyone the best! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Minji said:

I-693 and I-864 are not required at the interview if they were submitted with the initial packet.

If you are unsure if you've submitted the I-864 and do not have a copy of it, I'd fill one out again just in case. USCIS is notorious for losing pages/files. I'd also bring along income and tax-return transcripts if you have any just in case as well.

Did you not receive a copy of the I-693 for yourself from the civil surgeon? If you weren't provided one, the civil surgeon that did the paperwork for you may still be able to provide you one. Other than that, the only other option would be to redo it (hopefully you won't need to). 

Documentation establishing eligibility in your case (assuming this is greencard based on marriage) is anything that proves you're in a bona fide marriage. So joint bank accounts, lease with both your names for cars/apartment, photos at family events, wedding photos, etc would qualify under that. 

Hope this helps!

Hi, thanks for your help. I realized I never did the I-693. Does the DS 3025 count? I submitted DS-3025 upon AOS application but not the I-693.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Sam&Olive said:

Hi, thanks for your help. I realized I never did the I-693. Does the DS 3025 count? I submitted DS-3025 upon AOS application but not the I-693.

If you came on a K1 and did the DS-3025 then you won’t need anything else as long as your AOS was filed one year since it was completed. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Minji said:

Hope this helps!

If you came on a K-1 visa, you won't need the I-693 as long as you had the required vaccines and your DS-3025 is marked "complete". 

Timeline
On 1/11/2020 at 5:56 AM, Joyoussinger said:

If you came on a K-1 visa, you won't need the I-693 as long as you had the required vaccines and your DS-3025 is marked "complete". 

Thanks for replying -

893693679_ScreenShot2020-01-12at6_20_06PM.thumb.png.308b145a5ec8ed354197a8237fbb898c.png

How do I know that my DS 3025 is "complete"? Attached is what the check boxes on my DS3025 look like. Does the box "K visa application voluntarily completed vaccination requirements" below have to be checked to avoid i693? I have all the vaccination requirements (above) fulfilled I think. Would USCIS have RFE'ed me regarding my DS 3025 if it wasn't complete? Help!63785079_ScreenShot2020-01-12at6_15_27PM.thumb.png.e5ff73791ef662b58fab8059a41d67b4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sam&Olive said:

Thanks for replying -

893693679_ScreenShot2020-01-12at6_20_06PM.thumb.png.308b145a5ec8ed354197a8237fbb898c.png

How do I know that my DS 3025 is "complete"? Attached is what the check boxes on my DS3025 look like. Does the box "K visa application voluntarily completed vaccination requirements" below have to be checked to avoid i693? I have all the vaccination requirements (above) fulfilled I think. Would USCIS have RFE'ed me regarding my DS 3025 if it wasn't complete? Help!63785079_ScreenShot2020-01-12at6_15_27PM.thumb.png.e5ff73791ef662b58fab8059a41d67b4.png

You're probably okay, but I can't say I'm completely sure. It is possible to get an RFE after the interview. May I ask: what vaccine did you not "elect" to get? My husband's had the same box checked and his wasn't marked "complete", either. It should have been, but the panel physician filled his out incorrectly. He didn't get the flu vaccine because it wasn't flu season so he didn't need it. The physician actually wrote a comment to the effect that it would be complete on receiving the flu vaccine. This was wrong, but we weren't sure the Interviewing Officer would realize this. My husband opted to get the flu shot (at our local CVS) and go to a civil surgeon to get the I-693. We were lucky enough to find one who was willing to do just the vaccine part and not require another complete medical. It cost us $100, and was worth the peace of mind. At the interview, we handed it to the IO and she added it to his folder. We'll never know if we would have gotten an RFE for it or not. We were approved on the spot. It was time and money well spent.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

You're probably okay, but I can't say I'm completely sure. It is possible to get an RFE after the interview. May I ask: what vaccine did you not "elect" to get? My husband's had the same box checked and his wasn't marked "complete", either. It should have been, but the panel physician filled his out incorrectly. He didn't get the flu vaccine because it wasn't flu season so he didn't need it. The physician actually wrote a comment to the effect that it would be complete on receiving the flu vaccine. This was wrong, but we weren't sure the Interviewing Officer would realize this. My husband opted to get the flu shot (at our local CVS) and go to a civil surgeon to get the I-693. We were lucky enough to find one who was willing to do just the vaccine part and not require another complete medical. It cost us $100, and was worth the peace of mind. At the interview, we handed it to the IO and she added it to his folder. We'll never know if we would have gotten an RFE for it or not. We were approved on the spot. It was time and money well spent.

I actually don't know what vaccines I didn't get. The panel physician overseas didn't inform me that I had any incomplete vaccination requirements..For the civil surgeon appointment, did you just bring all your vaccination documents and had i693 filled out using that? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.