EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

So, its been 70 days since my wife's case was changed to "read for interview to be scheduled" or whatever.

since then, we received her ead and ap card. she got a job, and drivers license...it has been about 140 days since her biometric. 

our office was averaging 121 days from bio to interview. we did get a rfe back in September. although, her status changed to ready for interview 2 weeks after we sent in the request for additional evidence.

i guess we just wait more for that GC interview. atleast, she has been able to move on like she 's allowed to be here

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
13 hours ago, Chris&Ale said:

We were told the same thing today at end of our interview.. that it can take up to 120 days to receive a response. Grrr...

I wonder why the delay?

Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing. You just had the interview yesterday, so you might hear from them today. Your IO seems to have been very polite and nice (not the experience we had with ours), so there's some hope. But this is the long wait and there isn't any information from what I could see on VJ timelines that helps. The stats show that the decision is usually 200+ days after your biometrics. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Minji said:

Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing. You just had the interview yesterday, so you might hear from them today. Your IO seems to have been very polite and nice (not the experience we had with ours), so there's some hope. But this is the long wait and there isn't any information from what I could see on VJ timelines that helps. The stats show that the decision is usually 200+ days after your biometrics. 

Thanks for your support! I guess I'd rather get to do the interview sooner and then wait for the decision. Sorry to hear your interviewer wasn't so pleasant.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Chris&Ale said:

Thanks for your support! I guess I'd rather get to do the interview sooner and then wait for the decision. Sorry to hear your interviewer wasn't so pleasant.

Thank you for the kind words as well! Everyone feels slightly different yet very similarly to the whole process, but it's definitely great to have VJ as an outlet to talk to people in similar situations. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Green card arrived yesterday!! after 7 days of interview in Phoenix Arizona.

Interview went fine, he only went through all the papers we had already submitted, and actually gave me back photos, I guess I had turned in too many 😛 ..by the way, he could not find my medical report, but I kept copies of the vaccines and provided that at the moment of the interview and he was fine with it.

Good luck to everyone!!! now to rest and wait until ROC time comes :) 

K1 Visa

NOA1: 04/20/2018

RFE: 10/15/2018

NOA2: 11/08/2018

Interview date: 04/02/2019

Visa issued: 04/04/2019

POE: 04/04/2019 (El Paso, TX)

Wedding date: 04/27/2019

AOS

1. Package sent to USCIS : 05/29/2019
2. Package received by USCIS : 05/31/2019
3. Service Center reviewing : PHOENIX, AZ
4. FingerPrint notice sent :  06/21/2019
5. FingerPrint notice scheduled : 07/08/2019

6. RFE letter (legal birth certificate): 07/23/2019
7. AP/EAD Text/Email approval : 07/27/2019
8. AP/EAD Physical cards mailed : 08/01/2019
10. Interview was scheduled: 11/22/2019
11. I-485 approved : 12/04/2019
12. GC card mailed : 12/11/2019

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mike&Lulu Burton said:

Green card arrived yesterday!! after 7 days of interview in Phoenix Arizona.

Interview went fine, he only went through all the papers we had already submitted, and actually gave me back photos, I guess I had turned in too many 😛 ..by the way, he could not find my medical report, but I kept copies of the vaccines and provided that at the moment of the interview and he was fine with it.

Good luck to everyone!!! now to rest and wait until ROC time comes :) 

Congrats!! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
18 hours ago, SveDem said:

This is feeling ridiculous. Applied for the EAD on July 15th and still haven't received the card. The processing times state that July 15th is the cutoff point to which an abnormal processing time form can be submitted, but when I attempt to submit such a form, the website displays that the case is still within the bounds of the normal processing times. Did not apply for Advanced Parole. Only applied for EAD which was received by their offices on July 11th, did fingerprints on July 16th.

Submitted I-485 on June 15, it was received June 17, 2019 and no update on that either.

We applied for EAD in June, biometrics was July 9th, and my husband just received his EAD on November 30th. You are still within normal processing time. I'm sure you'll hear something soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
20 hours ago, Chris&Ale said:

We had our green card interview today. We were prepared to answer a lot of personal questions but my applicant spouse was only asked to give both of our dates of birth. He spent a few minutes going over all of the questions on the 485 application, asked for the IRS transcripts that I had, and then asked if we wanted to give him any documents to verify our relationship, which we did. 

He then thanked us and said that the application needed to be reviewed and we should receive a response within 120 days. 

I'm hopeful he had already decided he would approve us but wonder why the 120 days turnaround for a decision? Ugh.

Same here:( I had an interview on December 10, few hours after the interview status changed on "interview completed and case must be reviewed". No updates yet. Hope all of us will hear good news soon

Edited by AlexandraEnr

Timeline
15 hours ago, jtdm said:

We had our interview earlier today. We arrived at the Tampa office at noon (the appointment time was 12:45), and were called in at 2:00pm. The office was very busy. The officer was professional but very cold . She went through all the information on the application (I encourage you guys to double check it the day before your interview), there were a couple of issues that had to be corrected (mistakes made by the paralegal we used). Then came the questions about our relationship, birthdays, birthplaces, how we met,  if we have met our families and what we have done together. Then she asked for the bona fide marriage proof, we brought so much stuff that at one point she was overwhelmed and said: that's enough, I don't need more.

She made copies of our Id's and told us we would receive a notification in the mail in the next 30 days. All in all the interview lasted close to 90 minutes. We left the center with an uneasy feeling. One hour later I received the status update that my wife's New Card is Being Produced. We are very happy that this part of the journey is over. Next step in 21 months.

Good luck everybody.

It is very different for everybody, our interview in Phoenix lasted 15 min at the most, the office was not busy. He started looking for the medical report and couldn't find it, in that moment I pulled the vaccines record and he said it was good that I kept them and then he asked how we met and when, and since we met 20 years ago and we kept in touch and actually dated 9 years ago it was easy. The officer was also polite but cold, in the end he was more open and even smiling, he said I approve you congratulations and gave us the approval paper. 

Congratulations on you approval guys :) 

K1 Visa

AOS

Timeline

Any body that has found a job in California that can enlight me ? Where to look, how to do it ..  I am kinda frustrated 😖, I actually live in Arizona but my town has really no jobs plus California sounds like a better place for us to move. Thank you!!! 

K1 Visa

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Mike&Lulu Burton said:

It is very different for everybody, our interview in Phoenix lasted 15 min at the most, the office was not busy. He started looking for the medical report and couldn't find it, in that moment I pulled the vaccines record and he said it was good that I kept them and then he asked how we met and when, and since we met 20 years ago and we kept in touch and actually dated 9 years ago it was easy. The officer was also polite but cold, in the end he was more open and even smiling, he said I approve you congratulations and gave us the approval paper. 

Congratulations on you approval guys :) 

Did they ask you guys for the copy  of AOS package? I485 I 765 I 131 I 864? Congratulations btw!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Mike&Lulu Burton said:

Any body that has found a job in California that can enlight me ? Where to look, how to do it ..  I am kinda frustrated 😖, I actually live in Arizona but my town has really no jobs plus California sounds like a better place for us to move. Thank you!!! 

Have you checked indeed.com ? They post jobs daily. Depending on your area of work you might want to move to an specific place. Here in San Diego there are many jobs,  but the cost of living is really high also. I honestly want to move to another state, but my husband was born and raised in L.A so he doesn't want to move. 

Edited by Eric&Mirella

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, beloved_dingo said:

OMG finally, we got the EAD approval notice! I immediately started crying when I saw it. 

approval.png

Finally! Congratulations!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.