EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Ugh how many background checks... I feel like they’ve done several since we started this process(?) or I might be wrong. Please keep us posted 🙏🏼❤️

Thank you, I'll keep everyone posted :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Biffa said:

EAD approved today. RFE was on November 15. 

Also to the RFE’ers: I called my congressman a month ago and it because of her that my EAD was produced this quickly. Otherwise I’m sure I would be still waiting. She expedited it based on USCIS error with a job offer. Hope this helps to all of those out there. This forum has helped me greatly in anxious times. Now to wait for the GC interview. Thank the lord I can now work. 

38 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Also to the RFE’ers: I called my congressman a month ago and it because of her that my EAD was produced this quickly. Otherwise I’m sure I would be still waiting. She expedited it based on USCIS error with a job offer. Hope this helps to all of those out there. This forum has helped me greatly in anxious times. Now to wait for the GC interview. Thank the lord I can now work. 

Congratulations for the EAD approval. I agree with you on that this site and this community has been a big help. We don't really have a base for an expedition so we just have to be patient and not to overthink but it is great to know that your EAD was approved. Thank you for the information!

1 hour ago, Biffa said:

Wow!Congulatulations!What was the uscis error on your part.And how did you get a job offer?I tried applying for a job but I was told they don't give any one a job offer when they don't have a social security number.Did any thing change on your RFE?.I raised an SR about my RFE but it's 30 days tomorrow and no response.But the deadline of my EAD is 10 January so may be I can expedite through the Senate when Jan 10 comes when I haven't got any info from Uscis.

Timeline
Just now, babie said:

Wow!Congulatulations!What was the uscis error on your part.And how did you get a job offer?I tried applying for a job but I was told they don't give any one a job offer when they don't have a social security number.Did any thing change on your RFE?.I raised an SR about my RFE but it's 30 days tomorrow and no response.But the deadline of my EAD is 10 January so may be I can expedite through the Senate when Jan 10 comes when I haven't got any info from Uscis.

Uscis error was that they confused my RFE with someone else’s. Nonetheless I still got an RFE. But congressman managed to expedite due to the mistake they made. Didnt need SSN for job offer but I do have one anyway. I would talk to your congressman. Especially if you’ve made case inquiry and that time has passed. They have the ability to see where your case is at. 

11 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Uscis error was that they confused my RFE with someone else’s. Nonetheless I still got an RFE. But congressman managed to expedite due to the mistake they made. Didnt need SSN for job offer but I do have one anyway. I would talk to your congressman. Especially if you’ve made case inquiry and that time has passed. They have the ability to see where your case is at. 

Do you go to the congressman in person or do you call?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, babie said:

Do you go to the congressman in person or do you call?

Look up online which is your congressman in your district and they generally have a website and details on how to contact them in regards to USCIS stuff 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

We had our green card interview today. We were prepared to answer a lot of personal questions but my applicant spouse was only asked to give both of our dates of birth. He spent a few minutes going over all of the questions on the 485 application, asked for the IRS transcripts that I had, and then asked if we wanted to give him any documents to verify our relationship, which we did. 

He then thanked us and said that the application needed to be reviewed and we should receive a response within 120 days. 

I'm hopeful he had already decided he would approve us but wonder why the 120 days turnaround for a decision? Ugh.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 12/10/2019 at 5:13 PM, Minji said:

My interview was 11/14, so it'll be one month this Saturday. I received the notice of continuance at the interview and it says to wait 120 days before contacting USCIS. My lawyer also said all we can really do is wait, since USCIS doesn't have a time limit for their decision.

We were told the same thing today at end of our interview.. that it can take up to 120 days to receive a response. Grrr...

I wonder why the delay?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Chris&Ale said:

We had our green card interview today. We were prepared to answer a lot of personal questions but my applicant spouse was only asked to give both of our dates of birth. He spent a few minutes going over all of the questions on the 485 application, asked for the IRS transcripts that I had, and then asked if we wanted to give him any documents to verify our relationship, which we did. 

He then thanked us and said that the application needed to be reviewed and we should receive a response within 120 days. 

I'm hopeful he had already decided he would approve us but wonder why the 120 days turnaround for a decision? Ugh.

Best of luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is feeling ridiculous. Applied for the EAD on July 15th and still haven't received the card. The processing times state that July 15th is the cutoff point to which an abnormal processing time form can be submitted, but when I attempt to submit such a form, the website displays that the case is still within the bounds of the normal processing times. Did not apply for Advanced Parole. Only applied for EAD which was received by their offices on July 11th, did fingerprints on July 16th.

Submitted I-485 on June 15, it was received June 17, 2019 and no update on that either.

K-1 Visa Journey

Spoiler

tYjbOzI.png

H1GRDFO.png

AOS Journey

Spoiler

06/13/2019 Original AOS (Only I-485) sent off to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

06/15/2019 I-485 delivered 

06/24/2019 Received NOA1 Hard Copy 

07/09/2019 Original I-765 sent off to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

07/11/2019 I-765 delivered

07/12/2019 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 7/24/2019 @  10:00

07/15/2019 Received NOA1 for I-765

07/16/2019 Biometrics completed early, no issues

07/17/2019 Case Status updated to 'Fingerprint Review Was Completed'; I-485 is being processed.

01/17/2020 Case Status on I-485 updated to 'Interview Was Scheduled'

01/25/2020 Received interview notice scheduled for 2/24/2020 in the mail with the interview date and instructions

02/10/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'New Card Is Being Produced' (214 days from delivery)

02/11/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'Case Was Approved'

02/12/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'Card Was Mailed To Me', but no tracking info as of yet.

02/13/2020 Case Status on I-765 updated to 'Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service', tracking info received.

02/14/2020 Received NOA2, approval notice in the mail, for I-765

02/15/2020 EAD Card in hand, by USPS

02/24/2020 I-485 Interview; passed and approved! Status updated to 'New Card is Being Produced'

02/25/2020 I-485 updated to 'Case Was Approved'

02/27/2020 I-485 updated to 'Card Was Mailed To Me', no tracking info.

03/02/2020 Green Card in Hand.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, SveDem said:

This is feeling ridiculous. Applied for the EAD on July 15th and still haven't received the card. The processing times state that July 15th is the cutoff point to which an abnormal processing time form can be submitted, but when I attempt to submit such a form, the website displays that the case is still within the bounds of the normal processing times. Did not apply for Advanced Parole. Only applied for EAD which was received by their offices on July 11th, did fingerprints on July 16th.

Submitted I-485 on June 15, it was received June 17, 2019 and no update on that either.

Currently, the receipt date for a case inquiry is May 22. That’s why you can’t place the inquiry. Mine took 175 days to be approved , I’m waiting for the card. 

AF0289AB-C2EF-4035-9F55-37F09C0E74FF.png

Edited by Eric&Mirella

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, SveDem said:

I’d give it a few more weeks, seems like this week several people got their EADs approved. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
10 hours ago, SveDem said:

As @Eric&Mirella stated, the current receipt date for an inquiry is May 22nd. Unfortunately, many of us who filed for EAD in June are still waiting or have only recently gotten approved after waiting 170+ days. We're currently at day 178 with no update on our EAD. At this point, I just hope we get it before 2020.

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.