EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Eric&Mirella said:

My EAD was approved today!! But just a week before my interview :(. Oh well. 

Congrats

09/15/21 Filed I-751 package

09/16/21 Package received at USCIS lockbox

09/18/21 Fees charged to credit card. Case number assigned

09/23/21 I-797 Extension received (24 months)

10/25/21 Received Biometrics Waiver Letter (Dated 10/21/21)

12/28/22  Case Transferred To Another Office

01/12/23 Case Approved

09/16/22 Filed N400 online

09/23/2022 NOA and Biometrics letters received 

01/11/2023 Interview (combo N400/I751)

01/11/2023 Naturalization was Approved

01/12/2023 Oath Ceremony. Certificate of Naturalization was issued

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Congratulations! 

6 hours ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Congratulations, and good luck on your upcoming interview!

1 hour ago, Sarah G said:

EAD received today! New interview is in 8 days haha. Do I need to hand over the EAD at the interview? Kinda hoping to hang on to it if I can as I have no ID in my married name and it would be useful to use if green card takes a while or if there are any more unforeseen issues. 

They didn’t ask to see mine at our interview, so I still have mine. Hard to say if they’ll take it or not, I’ve seen both. Good luck on your upcoming interview, hope that you do indeed get to keep your card!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
20 hours ago, Eric&Mirella said:

I'm not sure how many people who went through AOS this year who got EAD between when their interview was scheduled and their interview date, but it was a lot (including my wife)...

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
18 hours ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Thanks it kinda makes me feel a little weird is a mix of emotions lol

Congrats on getting your EAD/AP! I understand what you mean. I got my combo card after my interview (which I still haven't heard any decision from) and definitely had mixed emotions. It was good and also a reminder that I hadn't received my decision yet. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
3 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

I'm not sure how many people who went through AOS this year who got EAD between when their interview was scheduled and their interview date, but it was a lot (including my wife)...

I was surprised too. At least I can apply for jobs now. 

2 hours ago, Minji said:

Congrats on getting your EAD/AP! I understand what you mean. I got my combo card after my interview (which I still haven't heard any decision from) and definitely had mixed emotions. It was good and also a reminder that I hadn't received my decision yet. 

When was your interview?  Have you contacted USCIS?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

I was surprised too. At least I can apply for jobs now. 

When was your interview?  Have you contacted USCIS?

My interview was 11/14, so it'll be one month this Saturday. I received the notice of continuance at the interview and it says to wait 120 days before contacting USCIS. My lawyer also said all we can really do is wait, since USCIS doesn't have a time limit for their decision.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

My husband is among them 😄

Timeline
2 hours ago, Minji said:

My interview was 11/14, so it'll be one month this Saturday. I received the notice of continuance at the interview and it says to wait 120 days before contacting USCIS. My lawyer also said all we can really do is wait, since USCIS doesn't have a time limit for their decision.

Do you think it has to do with the backlog in LA?  Probably they’re interviewing people but can’t  take decision right away, because a supervisor has to check cases? 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Do you think it has to do with the backlog in LA?  Probably they’re interviewing people but can’t  take decision right away, because a supervisor has to check cases? 

It could be, but I can't be certain. From looking at timelines for other LA office folks, many were approved on the spot or approved that evening or soon after. After the interview, all the immigration officer said was that he needs to review and complete background checks. 

Edited by Minji

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Minji said:

It could be, but I can't be certain. From looking at timelines for other LA office folks, many were approved on the spot or approved that evening or soon after. After the interview, all the immigration officer said was that he needs to review and complete background checks. 

Ugh how many background checks... I feel like they’ve done several since we started this process(?) or I might be wrong. Please keep us posted 🙏🏼❤️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.