EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

If your medical is over 1 year old at the time of your interview or if you’re missing vaccines, you’ll need to submit form i693. Sometimes they might lose your initial medical(the one included in the envelope you gave when you first came) and you’ll be required to get a new one. 

People get approved all the time with their ds3025. 

The medical needs to be less than a year old at the time you apply for AOS, not at the time of the interview.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

If your medical is over 1 year old at the time of your interview or if you’re missing vaccines, you’ll need to submit form i693. Sometimes they might lose your initial medical(the one included in the envelope you gave when you first came) and you’ll be required to get a new one. 

People get approved all the time with their ds3025. 

11 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

The medical needs to be less than a year old at the time you apply for AOS, not at the time of the interview.

I looked this up just in case since I haven't received my decision for the GC since my interview, but looks like the medical packet is valid for 2 years after the civil surgeon's signature. 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-policy-manual-update

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Minji said:

I looked this up just in case since I haven't received my decision for the GC since my interview, but looks like the medical packet is valid for 2 years after the civil surgeon's signature. 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-policy-manual-update

That's for an I-693 done by a civil surgeon in the US.

If you're doing AOS from a visa where you had a medical exam done by a panel physician overseas (as is normal from a K1), all vaccinations were marked complete, and no conditions were found that require a follow-up exam, what matters (for avoiding having to a second medical) is that you filed for AOS within a year of your medical exam.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, Eric&Mirella said:

It’s a combo card. Usually the AP never updates. 

Same thing happened with me , forgot to sign the advance parole application, they returned it to me , so i signed it sent it back but when i recieved my ead it wasnt combo even tho i applied for combo card.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
19 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

If you're doing AOS from a visa where you had a medical exam done by a panel physician overseas (as is normal from a K1), all vaccinations were marked complete, and no conditions were found that require a follow-up exam, what matters (for avoiding having to a second medical) is that you filed for AOS within a year of your medical exam.

Thank you for the correction!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, Joyoussinger said:

Interesting, I was told that by my civil surgeon. That if the medical is just “too old” they’ll send you a courtesy letter asking for a second one. 

3 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Hi, i did another medical here nov 12 last year, we filed my AOS June, my interview will be in less than two weeks, i think i’m still good right? Cause we paid over $700 with my civil surgeon here. 

19 hours ago, optimisticapplic said:

Hi All,

Quick question, we applied for both advance parole and work authorization, and have been checking USCIS for updates. 

We did have to file a correction for the advanced parole (just entered one field incorrectly), and sent it back promptly, and were hoping this wouldn't hold up that portion. 

Now USCIS says that the card is being produced when we run our MSC number for the work authorization, but no change in the message for the advance parole.

Is it possible the card being produced could come for just the work authorization, and not include the advance parole? Or are all the cards combo cards?

Ugh, so mad we had that stupid typo....

Hi, mine did the same, my ead got approve first, then the next day at night i checked my AP and says it has been approved too. Yesterday my AP still says “case approved” while my EAD says ups pick up my card and should have it monday.  Today i got my approval letter for both EAD/AP. Good luck! ☺️

17 minutes ago, cardia said:

Very, very glad that a weight has been lifted off my husband and I’s shoulders — my green card arrived today. Ended up crying like a baby, though I will say that I was surprised to find it literally at our doorstep. It comes via a USPS Priority Mail envelope, which our postman usually places inside our mailbox.

I am constantly praying and hoping that you will all receive good news before the year is over, especially as the holidays approach. Thank you for all your help and reassurances, I’m sticking around to try and pass it on!

Yay! Congrats po to both of you!! ☺️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, cardia said:

Very, very glad that a weight has been lifted off my husband and I’s shoulders — my green card arrived today. Ended up crying like a baby, though I will say that I was surprised to find it literally at our doorstep. It comes via a USPS Priority Mail envelope, which our postman usually places inside our mailbox.

I am constantly praying and hoping that you will all receive good news before the year is over, especially as the holidays approach. Thank you for all your help and reassurances, I’m sticking around to try and pass it on!

Congrats!!!! 🎉🎊 

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cas said:

We have the same date! Good luck on your interview. :)

Good luck to you too!! Hopefully this one will go better than my last one! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 12/2/2019 at 12:19 PM, Sathya said:

Congrats! Did you receive the approval notice or the EAD combo card? My EAD got approved on the 27th as well, just wanted to know your status too as there has been no change in status for the last 5 days or so.

Received the notice and the card a couple of days later. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.