EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
20 hours ago, kittyanne said:

When did you received your ead card? I live in california. I already went to dmv they said I can have a real ID and a learners permit as long as I have a proof of extended stay . and that could be the ead card. I'm not yet planning to get drivers license coz I dont know how to drive. Gotta learn first.lol thanks for responding:)

I received my EAD card on 25th November. To get the driver's permit you need to clear the online test. I already cleared that a month back. They didn't issue me the driver's permit as they couldn't verify me on the save system that time. Now since I have the work permit I can show them that and get the driver's permit for applying for driver's license.

I wud suggest you to go thru the driver's manual and try and give the online test. U will get the driver's manual at the DMV for free.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Update: EAD/AP combo card received in the mail this past Friday! My lawyer said it would arrive to his office so I wasn't expecting it, but it was in my mail box the day after Thanksgiving along with the approval notices!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Minji said:

Update: EAD/AP combo card received in the mail this past Friday! My lawyer said it would arrive to his office so I wasn't expecting it, but it was in my mail box the day after Thanksgiving along with the approval notices!!

Congratulations!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Anyone else who hasn't been approved for their EAD yet?

I'm feeling very alone in the process with everyone being granted their EAD/Green Card :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
3 hours ago, Liflead said:

I received my EAD card on 25th November. To get the driver's permit you need to clear the online test. I already cleared that a month back. They didn't issue me the driver's permit as they couldn't verify me on the save system that time. Now since I have the work permit I can show them that and get the driver's permit for applying for driver's license.

I wud suggest you to go thru the driver's manual and try and give the online test. U will get the driver's manual at the DMV for free.

The dmv in California is totally different. They require to see your ead or green card and verify if is legit, before everything else. The test isn’t online you got to go to the dmv for both tests. That’s why @kityanne can’t get one. I’m also in the same boat btw. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, TrickorTea said:

I'm feeling very alone in the process with everyone being granted their EAD/Green Card :(

I know others whose cases are still in “case was received”. I honestly don’t know what’s going on with people’s EADs. We need those! :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
18 hours ago, Eric&Mirella said:

The dmv in California is totally different. They require to see your ead or green card and verify if is legit, before everything else. The test isn’t online you got to go to the dmv for both tests. That’s why @kityanne can’t get one. I’m also in the same boat btw. 

Yes! Thats true. Every state DMV has some of their own rules. In my case at my DMV they said they cannot issue a driver's permit as I need to have an EAD or a GC. Also, they check the status on the SAVE system. The test at my DMV was online and not handwritten and to give that online test I had to go to the DMV. It cannot be given from home I guess there were 25 questions and 80% was passing. They give two free attempts for the test. I am not sure if in California they this test handwritten. Also, I am not sure but I guess if you get you driving licence based on your EAD the validity of your DL is same as the validity of your EAD which is one year.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, Sarah G said:

I just checked my case status again as I got into bed and scared the ####### out of my husband when I screamed - my EAD has updated to 'New Card Being Produced'!!!! I cried haha! 

Finally, a step in the right direction. 

Congratulations!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 12/2/2019 at 11:14 PM, TrickorTea said:

Still waiting on EAD and still waiting on a response from the RFE submission. It's frustrating for sure.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
14 minutes ago, babie said:

Yes it is.I raised the SR but it's been 22 daus now but still no response from RFE.So frustrating

E

We opened our 2nd inquiry because we never heard anything after the first 30 days. She did tell me though that the EAD processing will have resumed as soon as they received the RFE response,  it will just be later depending on how quickly you returned the information they requested.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 minutes ago, pinkitmake said:

We opened our 2nd inquiry because we never heard anything after the first 30 days. She did tell me though that the EAD processing will have resumed as soon as they received the RFE response,  it will just be later depending on how quickly you returned the information they requested.

We received answer for our inquiry. 
it basically said ‘we can’t give you information about your case. Is still processing. Keep waiting patiently’

it literally said that

UNBELIEVABLE

So it wasn’t really helpful the inquiry

Got an update this morning: my green card has been mailed! I was concerned it might take longer and get caught up in the influx of holiday mail processing, but luckily it seems like it’ll escape it. Crossing my fingers for all of you, I very much hope that you all get great news before the end of the year.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, cardia said:

Got an update this morning: my green card has been mailed! I was concerned it might take longer and get caught up in the influx of holiday mail processing, but luckily it seems like it’ll escape it. Crossing my fingers for all of you, I very much hope that you all get great news before the end of the year.

That’s awesome!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.