EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
18 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

My husband's EAD status has updated to "Mailed to me"!!!  Yay, two incomes!!!

Congratulations 🎉!

Timeline
18 hours ago, CharleneB said:

If and I mean “IF”  there is any employer who wishes to employ you without SSN , you will be asked to provide it before your 1st pay check and I don’t know if anyone want to go through the experience of the pressure of fervently hoping their SSN comes within the given time by the employer while you’re already working.my advice for new K-1 visa applicant is that you have plenty of time in your hands while your AOS and EAD is still in process. *If USCIS website is tricky , go on google and type 1-94 form.
*Print it out and if it’s not ready on the site look up and call CBP number and tell them you can’t find your 1-94 record online , you will be asked to either wait for few days and check again or come to their office in your city to get it printed out for you.

*Go to SSA website , fill the form and take the form along with your 1-94 , a copy of your passport data page and the original passport.

* Go to their nearest SSA office and if they can’t automatically verify you (like me) , you will be asked to wait for 2 weeks. You will be verified from USCIS/DHS and you should get your SS card a week after that.

You know what K-1 is and you should be ready to explain it to the SSA attendant if they seem confuse it with IR-1 visa .

Yes! That's what it says that the SSN has to be provided to the employer within reasonable time period and I guess the employer wud want the SSN within a month's time. 

I was applying for jobs yesterday online and in one of the job applications they asked for SSN which was a mandatory field which means some employer prefer to collect the SSN data beforehand so that they don't have to deal with it once they hire you. They clearly mentioned on the form that they will use that data only if the person is hired. Hope the SSA send the card within a week. 🙄🙏

18 hours ago, jtdm said:

Hi guys, our EAD status changed to New Card Is Being Produced. Just about 5 months after applying. Good luck everybody

Congratulations!

Timeline
3 hours ago, beloved_dingo said:

Day 163 and still no update on EAD...

Hold on for a week more. I have noticed that USCIS is approving EAD anywhere between 165-180 days. Mine was approved on 172. You guys are closeby. Maybe it will come next week. All the best. 

Timeline
22 hours ago, MrsRo said:

Thanks! I’ll be keeping an eye on them. Nothing on the AP but from what I’ve read from others, that doesn’t always update anyways. 

Yes! AP approval comes in a day or two. Mostly AP will be updated to approved when the EAD status updates to "Case was Approved". :)

Timeline
18 hours ago, CharleneB said:

Not everyone gets  such detailed  status on both USCIS website and the app .I got my physical EAD/AP card about a month ago ( two days after my status changed to “Card Was Mailed To Me” ) and the status  as we speak , still remains “Card Was Mailed To Me” on both platform.

Ya! That's true. I just check the "case tracker" and "Notifier for USCIS case status" apps. These two apps pull data from the old website which are updated first. Other app "Lawfully" has nice interface and many interesting options but it draws data from the new website myuscis which updates a day or two later. I have stopped logging to myuscis website cause the other two apps has provided me accurate data. But yes sometimes the statuses are not updated from the USCIS' end.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, cardia said:

We just got out of the interview, we were approved on the spot! Green card coming in two weeks!

Congratulations 🎉😊👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
8 minutes ago, cardia said:

We just got out of the interview, we were approved on the spot! Green card coming in two weeks!

Congratulations!! Great way to start your Thanksgiving holiday!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
3 hours ago, boris64 said:

My wife has recently received her green card (before EAD). We went to the local SSA office and applied. We had the card in hand exactly one week later.

I had my ssn card a week after I applied and 3 weeks after my arrival in the US. And receive the new one with my name change in 2 weeks. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
34 minutes ago, cardia said:

First thing congratulations 🎉🎊

I’m so happy for you! Seems like San Diego is approving most of the people on the spot. Yay! 

21 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

First thing congratulations 🎉🎊

I’m so happy for you! Seems like San Diego is approving most of the people on the spot. Yay! 

48 minutes ago, Minji said:

Congratulations!! Great way to start your Thanksgiving holiday!

52 minutes ago, Liflead said:

Congratulations 🎉😊👍

Thank you all! Happy early Thanksgiving to you! I'll update with interview details shortly, I just have to run a few errands with my husband.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, cardia said:

Congratulations!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 hours ago, beloved_dingo said:

Day 163 and still no update on EAD...

Any day now, I'm sure. Ours was 171 days. It's easy to begin to think it will never happen but, of course, it will. Have you called USCIS to ask about it?  We called and things started to happen within the week. There has been some speculation that calling somehow jump starts it, possibly by bringing your application to their attention. Who knows, but it's worth a try and you have nothing to lose.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, cardia said:

Best Thanksgiving news for you , congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.