EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sathya said:

Just saw this.. Might be useful for someone who has expedited the case and looking for answers..

https://bechtel.stanford.edu/immigration/employment/f-1-employment/optional-practical-training-opt/opt-pending-more-90-days

After you file an expedite....

USCIS will email you the results of your expedite request. If the expedite is approved, it is normally processed within 3-7 days of the request, and the Employment Authorization Document (EAD) arrives within normal mailing time. You may not work until the EAD arrives. If the expedite is denied, your application will be returned to the queue where it was before.

Hang tight buddy. You'll most likely get a tracking number today! :D You might have your EAD by end of this week.. 

Keep us posted :) 

Thanks buddy, glad to hear that your expedite request was approved! Let's hope both of us get our EADs soon!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Liflead said:

I received my EAD combo card this morning. I donno if one can start working right away jus by the EAD card. If it is possible to do so then it wud be so great. 🙄 Will be able escape from  waiting for few more weeks for SSN card. There are different opinions here on VJ on the requirement of SSN to start working. I think once you get your EAD then you need your passport and birth certificate to apply for SSN. I assume since you already have the EAD card then you are in their system. If you have applied for a SSN with ur AOS application then your SSN card will come in few weeks. I guess I will still go to the SSA office to check on that. In your case you shud consult your employer if they need SSN card for you to start your employment with them.  

Yeah. I checked with my lawyer and the HR of my company. Without a SSN, you might not get paid but you can start your employment. Once your SSN arrives, the company will pay your arrears along with the salary.

I hope this makes sense :) 

5 minutes ago, ds2 said:

Thanks buddy, glad to hear that your expedite request was approved! Let's hope both of us get our EADs soon!

Thanks a lot! Was so relieved to see that on Friday.. Hopefully we get our EADs soon.. Fingers crossed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sathya said:

Yeah. I checked with my lawyer and the HR of my company. Without a SSN, you might not get paid but you can start your employment. Once your SSN arrives, the company will pay your arrears along with the salary.

I hope this makes sense :) 

Thanks a lot! Was so relieved to see that on Friday.. Hopefully we get our EADs soon.. Fingers crossed

I hope it works that way. Glad that u already have a job in hand. Hope you receive ur card soon. 😊👍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/18/2019 at 5:00 PM, Ethan & Shannon said:

Sorry to hear there's been no movement. At this stage you can follow up about your case but they're very likely to tell you the status that you're already seeing online.

Start compiling any joint financial documents and proof you live at the same address. Some examples include: utility bills, health insurance, car insurance, bank accounts, rental documents, etc (it's normal to only have a few of these - but collect as many as you can). We also took photos to the interview and they did ask for them. Other than that, birth certificates, proof of US citizenship, applicant's passport, i94, marriage cert. I'm probably missing some stuff but this is off the top of my head.

Thanks! This is what i need. I will start preparing and compiling my documents!

On 11/18/2019 at 8:10 PM, Biffa said:

On 11/18/2019 at 5:17 PM, Liflead said:

I am not surprised by that. Ours is 5 months 18 days since we sent our application. We are May filers and still not heard anything on the AOS. Luckily, our EAD status was updated to New card being produced. I hope you guys get your approval soon. I wud suggest you call and speak to a tier 2 officer.

Thanks guys! 

I just received my EAD and I-130 approval notice today but still no i-485.

They said they would deliver the EAD card separately so i have to wait. But how long?

Can i work with just EAD card but no green card? Since i dont know when will i have it?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, kittyanne said:

Thanks! This is what i need. I will start preparing and compiling my documents!

Thanks guys! 

I just received my EAD and I-130 approval notice today but still no i-485.

They said they would deliver the EAD card separately so i have to wait. But how long?

Can i work with just EAD card but no green card? Since i dont know when will i have it?

First of all Congrats!! We all know how painful it is to wait for the EAD/AP. At least one thing is checked off.

As for your questions, I guess your EAD/AP would be a combo card (if you filed them together) and will be delivered in a weeks time. Considering this is a holiday season, especially this week.. Your card might reach you by end of this week or early next week!

Also, you can just work with your EAD.. GC isn't a criteria to work unless your employer insists. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, elingk said:

Gotcha, I have one more question on this issue. I just called the Civil Surgeon nearby where we live, they said it will take $500 either just to complete the form I-693 or do the labs all over again. I wonder if we really have to pay that much for a CS to do so? Or I can have other options to complete and file my I-693?

I live in New jersey, where everything is expensive, and our I-693 was $100. I had planned to call every Civil Surgeon in our area until I found one who would do the I-693 only without requiring anything else. We were lucky that the first (and only) one I called told us he would do it. We brought my husband's updated vaccination record to him and he transcribed it all to the I-693. It took about half an hour, but we left with the sealed envelope for USCIS and a copy for our records. Keep calling until you find someone who will do this for you. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, elingk said:

Thanks @Joyoussinger, can I ask if your I-693 form is completed only the vaccination part by the CS? I have got no luck today by calling a few CS near Nashville area but none of them agreed to do the form only, they all asked for a complete lab test done..

Yes. My husband's medical was less than a year ago, so the CS did only the vaccination part. He didn't give us a hard time about it at all and agreed that it's all we need.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Liflead said:

I received my EAD combo card this morning. I donno if one can start working right away jus by the EAD card. If it is possible to do so then it wud be so great. 🙄 Will be able escape from  waiting for few more weeks for SSN card. There are different opinions here on VJ on the requirement of SSN to start working. I think once you get your EAD then you need your passport and birth certificate to apply for SSN. I assume since you already have the EAD card then you are in their system. If you have applied for a SSN with ur AOS application then your SSN card will come in few weeks. I guess I will still go to the SSA office to check on that. In your case you shud consult your employer if they need SSN card for you to start your employment with them.  

Your social security number/profile is very important and obligatory as it’s one unique ID that will be needed for all purposes to validate your residence and background check in the U.S. Some employers require ( even US citizen/Green card holder included) to bring the physical Social Security Card along during interview. Hence, I don’t think any employer as at today will employ anyone without SSN.

Edited by CharleneB

Feeling waaaay too nervous today, and likely my anxiety will just go nowhere but up until our interview. It's on the morning of Nov 27, so a little less than two days to go. Did any of you practice questions with your spouse? We've been practicing, but I feel like I'm forgetting so much. 😓

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
3 minutes ago, cardia said:

Feeling waaaay too nervous today, and likely my anxiety will just go nowhere but up until our interview. It's on the morning of Nov 27, so a little less than two days to go. Did any of you practice questions with your spouse? We've been practicing, but I feel like I'm forgetting so much. 😓

I was extremely nervous up until the interview as well, but once the interview started I did feel a little better. Definitely go over the application packet that was submitted to make sure both you and your spouse know how things are listed in it. I didn't practice with my spouse and it would've helped him tremendously. 

3 minutes ago, Minji said:

I was extremely nervous up until the interview as well, but once the interview started I did feel a little better. Definitely go over the application packet that was submitted to make sure both you and your spouse know how things are listed in it. I didn't practice with my spouse and it would've helped him tremendously. 

Thanks, @Minji! I actually did forget to go over the packet with my husband, that's a good call. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
12 minutes ago, cardia said:

At what time is your interview scheduled? Mine is at 9 am and I can only think about the traffic downtown lol. I wish I had any advice but I’m a very nervous person 🥺. Being nervous is natural though. 

Just now, Eric&Mirella said:

At what time is your interview scheduled? Mine is at 9 am and I can only think about the traffic downtown lol. I wish I had any advice but I’m a very nervous person 🥺. Being nervous is natural though. 

Mine is also at 9AM! My husband and I are concerned about the traffic too, and considering it's the day before Thanksgiving, we're doubly worried about traffic. We'll probably try and get there earlier than 8AM, and go get coffee and breakfast to pass the time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.