EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Question for those who expedited EAD. When you first initiated the request what is the first status change when you look at your case status? My congressman is filing an expedite for me and I want to know whether it’ll update to something so I know when they have put in the expedite request. 

It will be more like this -

• We received your request for expedite processing.

• On November xx, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1XXXX, was assigned to an officer for response.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Just now, Sathya said:

It will be more like this -

• We received your request for expedite processing.

• On November xx, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1XXXX, was assigned to an officer for response.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sathya said:

Thanks! I just wanted to call out that my "Expedite Request" was approved and not my EAD. So I wanted to check if that'll also take just a week?

image.thumb.png.8190f2774120687a12f3304169807451.png

Well! I see that you placed a request to expedite your I-765 which is your EAD. Now since they have approved your expedited request for EAD, you will get the combo card EAD+AP (if u also had applied for AP with the AOS) within a week. I guess even after the EAD card is received you will have to wait for the SSN card. I think if you already got one after arriving in the US then you will just have to go to the SSA and get it updated by showing your EAD card. I am in the same boat as you are. However, thanks for sharing that screenshot. I never got that kinda notification even though I also had expedited my EAD which means my EAD was processed through normal processing. Congratulations! Hope you soon get your card. :)

Edited by Liflead

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Question for those who expedited EAD. When you first initiated the request what is the first status change when you look at your case status? My congressman is filing an expedite for me and I want to know whether it’ll update to something so I know when they have put in the expedite request. 

I placed my request for expediting my EAD by contacting the customer care. Three days later I received a notification and my status for I-765 changed to "Expedited Request Received".

Timeline
9 hours ago, Liflead said:

Well! I see that you placed a request to expedite your I-765 which is your EAD. Now since they have approved your expedited request for EAD, you will get the combo card EAD+AP (if u also had applied for AP with the AOS) within a week. I guess even after the EAD card is received you will have to wait for the SSN card. I think if you already got one after arriving in the US then you will just have to go to the SSA and get it updated by showing your EAD card. I am in the same boat as you are. However, thanks for sharing that screenshot. I never got that kinda notification even though I also had expedited my EAD which means my EAD was processed through normal processing. Congratulations! Hope you soon get your card. :)

Thanks a lot! Yeah, I guess you just need the EAD to start working right? Once I have my EAD, I can go to my SSA office with my passport and EAD to check if DHS/USCIS have passed on the information to SSA or not. If not, I can request them for a SSN right then.. Fingers crossed that the EAD comes soon.. My employer has been really patient but has been checking with me every week now 😕

Hi everyone, I have some confusion about the vaccination as required. I’ve most of the required vaccinations done in my hometown before I move here. There’s a last vaccination I’ll have to be done in the US to fulfill the immigration requirement. I wonder if I can get my last shot done in somewhere like Walgreens pharmacy and have them dated and chopped on my DS-3025? Or I will have to find a civil surgeon to do so?

FYI, my physical exam was done in late Jan this year, my EAD & AP is approved and sending to me by mail (according to the status update).

Thank you so much for your help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, elingk said:

Hi everyone, I have some confusion about the vaccination as required. I’ve most of the required vaccinations done in my hometown before I move here. There’s a last vaccination I’ll have to be done in the US to fulfill the immigration requirement. I wonder if I can get my last shot done in somewhere like Walgreens pharmacy and have them dated and chopped on my DS-3025? Or I will have to find a civil surgeon to do so?

FYI, my physical exam was done in late Jan this year, my EAD & AP is approved and sending to me by mail (according to the status update).

Thank you so much for your help!

You can have them done wherever your insurance (if you have it) will pay for it. Then you'll have to go to a US Civil Surgeon to get form I-693 updated with all your vaccines.

Edited by Joyoussinger

Timeline

AP approved! Just the interview on December 20th and we're done for a while!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, elingk said:

Thank you @Joyoussinger :))

if I don’t have insurance, can I have it done in Walgreens pharmacy? Is it recognized?

Yes. You can have it done there. Without insurance you'll pay wherever you go. My husband got his flu shot at CVS and the US-CS added it to his I-693.

Gotcha, I have one more question on this issue. I just called the Civil Surgeon nearby where we live, they said it will take $500 either just to complete the form I-693 or do the labs all over again. I wonder if we really have to pay that much for a CS to do so? Or I can have other options to complete and file my I-693?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
3 minutes ago, elingk said:

Gotcha, I have one more question on this issue. I just called the Civil Surgeon nearby where we live, they said it will take $500 either just to complete the form I-693 or do the labs all over again. I wonder if we really have to pay that much for a CS to do so? Or I can have other options to complete and file my I-693?

Call other people. Mine was $220 and I live in San Diego (nothing's cheap here). You can get your vaccines done in other places but they cannot alter the ds3025. You have to get the i693 done and most doctors if not all will require to get all the tests and x-rays again hence the cost. If you have insurance you might get a partial refund. 

Edited by Eric&Mirella

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Update:

20th November :
EAD - Card in Production

22th November:
EAD - Case Was Approved
EAD - Card was Mailed to Me
AP - Case was Approved

No update since 22nd November, still waiting on Card was picked up by USPS update, even checked with USCIS Emma and there is no tracking number yet and nothing on informed delivery, hopefully it gets dispatched today

Timeline

Just saw this.. Might be useful for someone who has expedited the case and looking for answers..

https://bechtel.stanford.edu/immigration/employment/f-1-employment/optional-practical-training-opt/opt-pending-more-90-days

After you file an expedite....

USCIS will email you the results of your expedite request. If the expedite is approved, it is normally processed within 3-7 days of the request, and the Employment Authorization Document (EAD) arrives within normal mailing time. You may not work until the EAD arrives. If the expedite is denied, your application will be returned to the queue where it was before.

39 minutes ago, ds2 said:

Update:

20th November :
EAD - Card in Production

22th November:
EAD - Case Was Approved
EAD - Card was Mailed to Me
AP - Case was Approved

No update since 22nd November, still waiting on Card was picked up by USPS update, even checked with USCIS Emma and there is no tracking number yet and nothing on informed delivery, hopefully it gets dispatched today

Hang tight buddy. You'll most likely get a tracking number today! :D You might have your EAD by end of this week.. 

Keep us posted :) 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Sathya said:

Thanks a lot! Yeah, I guess you just need the EAD to start working right? Once I have my EAD, I can go to my SSA office with my passport and EAD to check if DHS/USCIS have passed on the information to SSA or not. If not, I can request them for a SSN right then.. Fingers crossed that the EAD comes soon.. My employer has been really patient but has been checking with me every week now 😕

I received my EAD combo card this morning. I donno if one can start working right away jus by the EAD card. If it is possible to do so then it wud be so great. 🙄 Will be able escape from  waiting for few more weeks for SSN card. There are different opinions here on VJ on the requirement of SSN to start working. I think once you get your EAD then you need your passport and birth certificate to apply for SSN. I assume since you already have the EAD card then you are in their system. If you have applied for a SSN with ur AOS application then your SSN card will come in few weeks. I guess I will still go to the SSA office to check on that. In your case you shud consult your employer if they need SSN card for you to start your employment with them.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.