EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, TrickorTea said:

Hi everyone! While looking for the waiting times for the Green Card for Seatle (as I do everyday :( ) I noticed that the receipt date for date inquiry jumped from March 2018 back to December 2017.

Do you guys have any idea why that is? I've read in a few places where the inquiry date are changed pretty frequently, but what does it mean exactly? If people from December 2017 to March 2018 had their interviews scheduled already, why would they need to go back?

I was getting hopeful because they had been making really good progress recently, but at this point, I don't even think I'll get my interview before at least 2021...

From USCIS

wouldn’t pay too much attention to it 

C009770F-9620-4D37-A465-219BD3C72CB4.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Eric&Mirella said:

From USCIS

wouldn’t pay too much attention to it 

C009770F-9620-4D37-A465-219BD3C72CB4.jpeg

But how can I know if my case is outside of normal processing times if they keep pushing back the receipt date? 

It's kinda frustrating that we can't even trust their own website to give us a proper estimate for a "normal" time response. Everyone is being granted their interviews and their green cards already, it's upsetting that not only Seattle people have to wait way more than a year for that same result, but they can allow to make us wait even more.

Anyways, me venting is not gonna change anything. If my EAD comes in soon, I would literally have the time to work, save up money and do all the immigration procedures on my side for my husband and be able to move back to Canada and he would be able to work upon entry before even getting an appointment for a green card interview. Oh well.

Edited by TrickorTea

Timeline
11 hours ago, TrickorTea said:

But how can I know if my case is outside of normal processing times if they keep pushing back the receipt date? 

It's kinda frustrating that we can't even trust their own website to give us a proper estimate for a "normal" time response. Everyone is being granted their interviews and their green cards already, it's upsetting that not only Seattle people have to wait way more than a year for that same result, but they can allow to make us wait even more.

Anyways, me venting is not gonna change anything. If my EAD comes in soon, I would literally have the time to work, save up money and do all the immigration procedures on my side for my husband and be able to move back to Canada and he would be able to work upon entry before even getting an appointment for a green card interview. Oh well.

My office has similar dates for a case inquiry and my interview was scheduled 2 weeks ago. Remember that it only shows you an estimate that's not even accurate. My friend in Puerto Rico got her greencard in 4 months. Last Time I checked processing times for PR were well over 11-12 months.  

You know you're out of processing times when your noa1  date is before the receipt date for a case inquiry. 

Another important thing to consider is that it shows an estimate for family based applications and there are family based applications (not marriage dependant)  that take almost 1.5 years. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

my wife and i are setting up our flights, wedding arrangements, and honeymoon now that she got her AP/EAD combo card. But now i wonder. When we book the flights, Do we use her maiden name that's on her home countries passport, or do we used her married name on the ap card...

maybe because the ap card is just needed to re-enter the u.s, we should use her maiden name. then just bring some of the paper work with us when we fly back into sfo or seattle.

maybe with in the next 3 months, she will actually get her greencard, but we will still have the same issue(married vs maiden name)

anyone go overseas yet?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 11/20/2019 at 1:11 PM, Ethan & Shannon said:

Woohoo! Great news. With your application did you request a SSN? If so, it will arrive within a few weeks after your card arrives. If you didn't request one, you'll need to go into a social security office and apply for one. You will need a SSN to work.

Yes! I did request for a SSN during my application. I received my EAD and AP approval notices by mail yesterday and as per the USPS tracking the card are on its way and will be delivered by Monday. I am not sure if I will get the social security card along with my EAD-AP card combo. I was thinking if I don't get the SSN card with that I will go to the SSA office and ask them about it. 

I feel I shud have applied the SSN right after arriving in US. It just doesn't make any sense to wait for few more weeks to wait for SSN card after I receive the EAD card. 

Timeline
On 11/21/2019 at 11:53 AM, Minji said:

I received text notification that I had a case status update this morning. I checked the old website (https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus) and saw that my I-765 status changed to "New Card is Being Produced". I don't see it updated on the new site (https://my.uscis.gov/account/). Also, no change to my I-485 since the interview, the status still says "Interview was Scheduled".

I guess it gets updated a day later on the new website. The new website is kinda useless. My expediting request new got updated on the new website. I asked that to the representative on the phone but as usual they didn't have any answer to that. I wud go with the old website.

Edited by Liflead

Timeline
On 11/21/2019 at 11:56 AM, cardia said:

Sorry, I answered incorrectly! It didn't take 4 days, it took 7 days for mine. Still approximately a week then!

They shipped mine from Lees Summit, MO. As stated above, I was wrong, it took 7 days for mine to arrive. I was provided a tracking number through USCIS Case Status four days after I received the "card in production" notification.

You are right! From "Case was approved" to "Card picked up by USPS" happened in 2 days. As per the tracking number, I shud get my card on Monday. So that's pretty within a week.

Timeline
On 11/21/2019 at 6:51 PM, IzandAl said:

EAD approved! FINALLY! (AP status still says received even though applied for a combo card).

Just in time for our interview which is tomorrow at the Queens, NY office (we live in Manhattan but were luckily transferred to the Queens office)

Approval for AP comes a couple of days after the EAD approval. Hope your interview went well. :)

Timeline
On 11/22/2019 at 9:57 AM, IzandAl said:

Green Card approved!

Our interview was at 10.30am this morning at the Queens, NY office, we were done by 10.55am.

We got super lucky, the officer had visited my hometown in England so we all just chatted and joked about it.The officer only asked 3 questions: he asked my husband where I was from (which lead to the chat about my hometown), asked us both how we met and he asked me where my husband worked. He didn't ask to see any pictures or evidence. The only thing he asked to see was our marriage certificate because he couldn't find it in our file (he found it later).

He told us we were approved and I should receive my Green Card in the next two weeks. SO relieved that I will make it home for the holidays.

Congratulations!

Timeline
On 11/22/2019 at 7:47 PM, Sathya said:

Hi Guys,

Wanted to quickly check that if anyone has an idea about how much longer does one have to wait for the EAD to be in hand. Got an update saying the expedite request was approved today. Wanted to get your thoughts on the same. Thanks!

I think you shud get ur EAD and AP card within a week. Also, you will get their approval notices in mail before the card arrives.

Timeline
On 11/22/2019 at 11:04 PM, ds2 said:

My EAD status changed to "Card was mailed to me" today and now I have a USPS package that is arriving on Nov 26th Tuesday, how to be sure it's the EAD? It's arriving from SHERMAN OAKS, CA 91403, does it usually arrive from here? Any insights?

USPS tracking says my card is coming from Lees Summit, MO.

Timeline
5 hours ago, jeffo said:

my wife and i are setting up our flights, wedding arrangements, and honeymoon now that she got her AP/EAD combo card. But now i wonder. When we book the flights, Do we use her maiden name that's on her home countries passport, or do we used her married name on the ap card...

maybe because the ap card is just needed to re-enter the u.s, we should use her maiden name. then just bring some of the paper work with us when we fly back into sfo or seattle.

maybe with in the next 3 months, she will actually get her greencard, but we will still have the same issue(married vs maiden name)

anyone go overseas yet?

You must book the ticket on the name that's in the passport. Carry your marriage certificate to prove the name change (just in case) 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Liflead said:

Yes! I did request for a SSN during my application. I received my EAD and AP approval notices by mail yesterday and as per the USPS tracking the card are on its way and will be delivered by Monday. I am not sure if I will get the social security card along with my EAD-AP card combo. I was thinking if I don't get the SSN card with that I will go to the SSA office and ask them about it. 

I feel I shud have applied the SSN right after arriving in US. It just doesn't make any sense to wait for few more weeks to wait for SSN card after I receive the EAD card. 

Your SSN card should arrive 2 or so weeks after your EAD/AP combo card arrives. It will also come in the mail.

K1 Visa Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/00/2019    Interview approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

Adjustment Of Status Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copies

07/05/2019    Biometrics walk-in

09/30/2019    Interview scheduled (electronic notification)

10/23/2019    EAD/AP approved

11/00/2019    AOS Interview approved!

11/08/2019    Green card is being produced

11/16/2019    Green card in hand

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, Liflead said:

I think you shud get ur EAD and AP card within a week. Also, you will get their approval notices in mail before the card arrives.

Thanks! I just wanted to call out that my "Expedite Request" was approved and not my EAD. So I wanted to check if that'll also take just a week?

image.thumb.png.8190f2774120687a12f3304169807451.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Question for those who expedited EAD. When you first initiated the request what is the first status change when you look at your case status? My congressman is filing an expedite for me and I want to know whether it’ll update to something so I know when they have put in the expedite request. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.