EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
21 minutes ago, IzandAl said:

Green Card approved!

Our interview was at 10.30am this morning at the Queens, NY office, we were done by 10.55am.

We got super lucky, the officer had visited my hometown in England so we all just chatted and joked about it.The officer only asked 3 questions: he asked my husband where I was from (which lead to the chat about my hometown), asked us both how we met and he asked me where my husband worked. He didn't ask to see any pictures or evidence. The only thing he asked to see was our marriage certificate because he couldn't find it in our file (he found it later).

He told us we were approved and I should receive my Green Card in the next two weeks. SO relieved that I will make it home for the holidays.

Congratulations 🎉 

2 hours ago, IzandAl said:

Green Card approved!

Our interview was at 10.30am this morning at the Queens, NY office, we were done by 10.55am.

We got super lucky, the officer had visited my hometown in England so we all just chatted and joked about it.The officer only asked 3 questions: he asked my husband where I was from (which lead to the chat about my hometown), asked us both how we met and he asked me where my husband worked. He didn't ask to see any pictures or evidence. The only thing he asked to see was our marriage certificate because he couldn't find it in our file (he found it later).

He told us we were approved and I should receive my Green Card in the next two weeks. SO relieved that I will make it home for the holidays.

1 hour ago, Joyoussinger said:

Just got the notification that our status updated! "New card being produced"!!! 

Congrats!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My husband and I went for the interview on November 19th at Chicago office and on November 21st the app status changed to "interview was completed and my case must be reviewed" is that normal and does anyone else got the same status?  How long does it take to get approval status?

Thanks 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
2 hours ago, Joey.C said:

Hi guys, I already have a Social security card will they issue  me a new social security card with a different number when having EAD

No, your social security number will be the same. It'll most likely say "Valid for work only with DHS authorization" on the new card through

11 minutes ago, Omoge Afo said:

My husband and I went for the interview on November 19th at Chicago office and on November 21st the app status changed to "interview was completed and my case must be reviewed" is that normal and does anyone else got the same status?  How long does it take to get approval status?

Thanks 

I had my interview on November 14th at the Los Angeles office and my status hasn't changed from "Interview has been scheduled". From what I've seen, there's no consistency in terms of the status or the time it takes to get a decision after the interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Omoge Afo said:

Thanks 

That's what happened to us as well! The guy was super friendly and told us everything looked good but he just had to go through all of it. Status changed to "must be reviewed" then like 4 hours later changed to "card being produced" lol, I got my greencard in the mail 8 days after the interview!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Wanted to quickly check that if anyone has an idea about how much longer does one have to wait for the EAD to be in hand. Got an update saying the expedite request was approved today. Wanted to get your thoughts on the same. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My EAD status changed to "Card was mailed to me" today and now I have a USPS package that is arriving on Nov 26th Tuesday, how to be sure it's the EAD? It's arriving from SHERMAN OAKS, CA 91403, does it usually arrive from here? Any insights?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, ds2 said:

My EAD status changed to "Card was mailed to me" today and now I have a USPS package that is arriving on Nov 26th Tuesday, how to be sure it's the EAD? It's arriving from SHERMAN OAKS, CA 91403, does it usually arrive from here? Any insights?

If you got that details from the USPS informed delivery page , mine had USCIS and the exact location written on same page, so I knew it was from them.Just give it few days, it’s usually delivered even faster than the EAD notification letter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
33 minutes ago, CharleneB said:

If you got that details from the USPS informed delivery page , mine had USCIS and the exact location written on same page, so I knew it was from them.Just give it few days, it’s usually delivered even faster than the EAD notification letter.

Thank you @CharleneB, this must be something else then, eagerly waiting for the EAD so that I can book my flight and visit home before starting to work

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone! While looking for the waiting times for the Green Card for Seatle (as I do everyday :( ) I noticed that the receipt date for date inquiry jumped from March 2018 back to December 2017.

Do you guys have any idea why that is? I've read in a few places where the inquiry date are changed pretty frequently, but what does it mean exactly? If people from December 2017 to March 2018 had their interviews scheduled already, why would they need to go back?

I was getting hopeful because they had been making really good progress recently, but at this point, I don't even think I'll get my interview before at least 2021...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.