EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, DISCERNING said:

That's great news!!!

I'm hoping something comes up about your EAD too.... 

I guess I may have to bank on February next year for an interview schedule then.

Thank you so much! Yours could come sooner than you think. I'm hoping for that!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

Ours quoted $100 for an I-693. We're going to do it this afternoon.

That is crazy! I called two doctors off the USCIS approved list and they both want over $400 and will not work with insurance. I will call a few more and see what I find. I spoke to a tier 2 Officer and it seem like we should not need this, but he said if we received a letter asking for this we better get the I 693. Seems like a waste time and money, but we will have it done 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Liflead said:

Hi Friends,

We filed my AOS along with I-765 and I-131 on May 30th and it's been 5 months 19 days since then.

The last update was "Ready to schedule for an interview" on October 9 which is more than a month back.

We also placed a request to expedite our I-765 and send the documents more than a month back but no update on that too.

Our field office is Denver, CO. On VJ, I saw people with similar timeline as ours and some who filed in June either already completing their interview or at least having an interview date which is nearing and we still neither have an EAD nor an interview date. Its getting frustrating now. I get their weird thoughts that they have lost our documents or doing it purposely.

Whenever we call them they just give us the update that on the website. We also talked to the tier 2 officer but still no use. 

I wanna ask for suggestions on what are the options that I can try to investigate on my case status.

Sorry to hear about your case being stuck! I hope things move along soon for you. Just remember that each field office is different, some are taking longer than others to have an interview scheduled, and it's very unlikely that they lost any documents. I know it's easy to worry about many factors in this process. I don't blame you for being frustrated about it though, I would be too! Sending all my good vibes your way and hoping for your EAD before Christmas. 

K1 Visa Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/00/2019    Interview approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

Adjustment Of Status Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copies

07/05/2019    Biometrics walk-in

09/30/2019    Interview scheduled (electronic notification)

10/23/2019    EAD/AP approved

11/00/2019    AOS Interview approved!

11/08/2019    Green card is being produced

11/16/2019    Green card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My wife's status changed last week for her EAD and AP, stating that she was approved and she would get her cards sent out. Saturday, we got her "NOA2"s" on both of these. those say, the EAD and AP card(s) will be sent separately. anybody know how long that usually takes? she's working on her resume' now. very happy she can get a job here. also, we can actually plan our date for our wedding in her home country, now that she is legally allowed to leave the U.S.

according to VJ, she was supposed to get these approved jan 2nd. so we got them early. Unfortunately, according to VJ, the time between Biometrics and interview is supposed to be 121 days for us...her status changed to "ready to schedule for interview" for the last 7 weeks, and the 121 day mark is a week away.

Timeline
22 hours ago, Biffa said:

Anybody here get an RFE? My status is stuck on we received your evidence. How long till they review it and change the status? Does it reset the clock on EAD?

we got an rfe about a month after applying for ead/ap/gc. in june

my wife got her noa2 for ead and ap 11/16. VisaJourney estimated it was going to be jan 2nd. so, it doesnt seem like ther RFE reset the time...we have been ready to schedule and interview for 7 weeks though

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Just now, jeffo said:

we got an rfe about a month after applying for ead/ap/gc. in june

my wife got her noa2 for ead and ap 11/16. VisaJourney estimated it was going to be jan 2nd. so, it doesnt seem like ther RFE reset the time...we have been ready to schedule and interview for 7 weeks though

Right. My RFE happened 4.5 months in. Yours sounds like it got processed normally. 

EAD/AP card is being produced! Finally! We are Baltimore filers who are expecting a long wait time for his interview so this is great! He’s so excited to finally be allowed to work and drive! 

Timeline

sorry, we got the the Nfe in september. 3 months after we applied. but october 1st, we got a an updated case stating we were ready for scheduled interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
5 hours ago, E & J 2018 said:

That is crazy! I called two doctors off the USCIS approved list and they both want over $400 and will not work with insurance. I will call a few more and see what I find. I spoke to a tier 2 Officer and it seem like we should not need this, but he said if we received a letter asking for this we better get the I 693. Seems like a waste time and money, but we will have it done 

I'd totally recommend using yelp and search for green card medical. BTW insurance companies won't cover the costs of the medical but you might get a % refunded. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
5 hours ago, E & J 2018 said:

If you do have health insurance, use it to get your vaccinations! It'll help lower the cost for the USCIS doctor since most insurances fully cover preventative health care. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Minji said:

If you do have health insurance, use it to get your vaccinations! It'll help lower the cost for the USCIS doctor since most insurances fully cover preventative health care. 

We do have insurance, but two of the providers I found on the USCIS website do not go through insurance and want full payment. They had all of the necessary exams and tests done in Rio in February and they do not need any vaccinations, they have everything current. This all seems unnecessary. I am going to call more doctors and see if I can get a lower rate 🤷🏻‍♂️

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
8 minutes ago, E & J 2018 said:

We do have insurance, but two of the providers I found on the USCIS website do not go through insurance and want full payment. They had all of the necessary exams and tests done in Rio in February and they do not need any vaccinations, they have everything current. This all seems unnecessary. I am going to call more doctors and see if I can get a lower rate 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant, if you have health insurance, then try to get the vaccinations through your insurance provided doctor so they can be covered.

From my research, none of the doctors listed took insurance for the work involved for the I-693 paperwork. If you don't need anything other than the paperwork filled out again, it definitely is best to try searching through yelp. If you have a lawyer or non-profit near you, they might know of doctors that don't charge as high as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 hours ago, E & J 2018 said:

$400 seems like a lot. I hope you can find someone who will do it for less. This whole process has no respect for our time and money.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.