EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Giordan+Hailey said:

Didn't think power of attorney could be a good evidence and it's lucky to have it already! 

Thank you for the info!

Will you share your template please?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ethan & Shannon said:

I just had my interview and was recommended for approval. It was really simple, they asked a lot of questions about how we met, what our wedding day was like and the timeline of our relationship. Got there at 8:50 and was there for 1.5 hours mostly waiting. It's over for a while! Good luck everyone.

Congratulations 🎉🎊 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Recieved my Ead card today , i applied for both Ead and ap but i only received Ead at the bottom of the card it says not valid for reentry to us

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Ethan & Shannon said:

I just had my interview and was recommended for approval. It was really simple, they asked a lot of questions about how we met, what our wedding day was like and the timeline of our relationship. Got there at 8:50 and was there for 1.5 hours mostly waiting. It's over for a while! Good luck everyone.

Congratulations!

I've been preparing what to bring to the interview. It's in 20 days, but I can't seem to quell my anxiety so I've just been putting my energy towards compiling our evidence. @Ethan & Shannon, your list was a great help! If anyone could provide feedback on what else I might consider bringing or dropping from my packet, I'd be very grateful.

Here's what I'm planning to include:

1. Interview notice
  2. I-693 medical exam in sealed envelope
  3. I-864 was submitted with packet, but we're still bringing the following evidence:
    1. My spouse's tax return, last 2 month's pay stubs, and letter of employment
    2. My mother-in-law's tax return, last 2 month's pay stubs, and letter of employment (we required an additional sponsor)
  4. Immigration-related documentation:
    1. EAD/AP card
    2. All immigration notices, including stamped biometrics notice
  5. Travel documents used to enter the US:
    1. My passport with visa
    2. I-94
  6. My birth certificate
  7. Spouse's birth certificate and passport
  8. Certified copy of marriage certificate
  9. Supporting evidence of bonafide marriage:
    1. Statements for one joint bank account
    2. Health and vision insurance cards
    3. Bills and after-visit statements from our health provider and insurance showing use
    4. Printout that shows me as a beneficiary on my spouse's life insurance
    5. Copies of registration and titles for two cars with both our names
    6. Notarized letter from my mother-in-law, showing that we rent a bedroom in her house
    7. Family phone plan bills under my mother-in-law's name, as we share the plan with her; our names and phone numbers are listed in the bill
    8. Statements for one of my spouse's credit cards that I am an authorized user on
    9. Printout that shows me as beneficiary on my spouse's IRA account
    10. Printout that shows me as a beneficiary and trusted contact on my spouse's investment account
    11. Photos from our wedding, visits, dates, trips, and at home (~70 photos)
    12. Receipts from hotel and AirBnB bookings, tickets from sightseeing 
    13. Gift receipts starting from when we dated to present
    14. Correspondence:
      1. Cards exchanged between us, though most were not mailed, only given in person so no proof of mailing
      2. Emails between us during the length of our relationship and marriage
      3. Talk and text activity from phone plan, with our numbers highlighted
      4. Select chat logs from when we met to today, about 5 to 8 days per each month

On 11/6/2019 at 6:06 AM, pinkitmake said:

We haven't got anything yet 🥺 They told me that on the 61st day I could make an inquiry which is what we did, from then they have up to 30 days to respond. It's been 15 already and nothing yet. It was a stupid RFE and I wish it wouldn't have set us back like this 🥺

In the same boat. Hope we hear from them soon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, cardia said:

I've been preparing what to bring to the interview. It's in 20 days, but I can't seem to quell my anxiety so I've just been putting my energy towards compiling our evidence. @Ethan & Shannon, your list was a great help! If anyone could provide feedback on what else I might consider bringing or dropping from my packet, I'd be very grateful.

Here's what I'm planning to include:

1. Interview notice
  2. I-693 medical exam in sealed envelope
  3. I-864 was submitted with packet, but we're still bringing the following evidence:
    1. My spouse's tax return, last 2 month's pay stubs, and letter of employment
    2. My mother-in-law's tax return, last 2 month's pay stubs, and letter of employment (we required an additional sponsor)
  4. Immigration-related documentation:
    1. EAD/AP card
    2. All immigration notices, including stamped biometrics notice
  5. Travel documents used to enter the US:
    1. My passport with visa
    2. I-94
  6. My birth certificate
  7. Spouse's birth certificate and passport
  8. Certified copy of marriage certificate
  9. Supporting evidence of bonafide marriage:
    1. Statements for one joint bank account
    2. Health and vision insurance cards
    3. Bills and after-visit statements from our health provider and insurance showing use
    4. Printout that shows me as a beneficiary on my spouse's life insurance
    5. Copies of registration and titles for two cars with both our names
    6. Notarized letter from my mother-in-law, showing that we rent a bedroom in her house
    7. Family phone plan bills under my mother-in-law's name, as we share the plan with her; our names and phone numbers are listed in the bill
    8. Statements for one of my spouse's credit cards that I am an authorized user on
    9. Printout that shows me as beneficiary on my spouse's IRA account
    10. Printout that shows me as a beneficiary and trusted contact on my spouse's investment account
    11. Photos from our wedding, visits, dates, trips, and at home (~70 photos)
    12. Receipts from hotel and AirBnB bookings, tickets from sightseeing 
    13. Gift receipts starting from when we dated to present
    14. Correspondence:
      1. Cards exchanged between us, though most were not mailed, only given in person so no proof of mailing
      2. Emails between us during the length of our relationship and marriage
      3. Talk and text activity from phone plan, with our numbers highlighted
      4. Select chat logs from when we met to today, about 5 to 8 days per each month

Omg, this looks pretty sufficient to me lol. I wanted to ask you how were you added to the car registration tittles? We bought a new car on Saturday that I plan to use as soon as I can start  driving but the seller and manager advised not to do so until I get my green card, because is a new car bought in payments. I didn’t  know what to say so it’s on my husbands name only rn. 

26 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Omg, this looks pretty sufficient to me lol. I wanted to ask you how were you added to the car registration tittles? We bought a new car on Saturday that I plan to use as soon as I can start  driving but the seller and manager advised not to do so until I get my green card, because is a new car bought in payments. I didn’t  know what to say so it’s on my husbands name only rn. 

My husband bought our cars secondhand through a private cash sale and I don't drive, so my advice may not be 100% applicable to your situation. Upon purchase of the cars, we completed a transfer of title. I've linked the CA DMV site, as we're both in CA. If you look at the back of your car title, it should have a section titled for "Application for Transfer by New Owner." That's what we've filled out for both cars and submitted to the DMV.

As far as I'm aware, CA doesn't appear to have any stringent requirements about who to gets to own a car, it just has to be registered correctly and with fees paid as appropriate. Filling out the transfer of title was sufficient enough to get it registered under both of our names. Did they tell you why they believed it was better to not be added to the car registration until you got your green card?

23 hours ago, IzandAl said:

Hey @Srinath06, Can you give more info on this? Did you have a copy of the vaccination records (DS-3025)? I have never heard of this before and now freaking out that this is going to happen to me (my interview is Nov 22). 

so when my fiance (now wife) completed her dr. visit for K1 visa, she got CD copy and dr mentioned.. dont need to share this with Embassy or interview.

and post interview, she got the sealed packet along with her passport. 

at port of entry, the officer removed the seal.. took all the paperwork including medical inside the packet and said, these will be sent to NVC and for your I-485 interivew.

on 31st, Oct, we had our her interview. officer said he doesnt see any medical records or info in his system, he made some phone calls and looked into various applications on his computer and said he couldnt find it

gave us 2 options

1. wait for him and USCIS to track the packet

2. get RFE and get re-examined at USCIS approved doctor and mail it back to the field office for approval.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ethan & Shannon said:

Congrats , so about the social security card , did you recieve it with ead ? Or we should apply for it separately even tho we checked the box

32 minutes ago, Sifou.kate said:

Congrats , so about the social security card , did you recieve it with ead ? Or we should apply for it separately even tho we checked the box

Not the person you quoted, but wanted to give you my experience -- I checked the SSN box too, and got my Social Security card in the mail 14 days after I received my EAD card. So no, you don't need to apply separately! Though if it takes a while, if you haven't received it in 3-4 weeks after you've been approved/received your EAD card, then I'd give SSA a call.

Edited by cardia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.