EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
3 hours ago, AFA said:

Guys! I'm freaking out cause I'm so happy! I was feeling very impatient and little down cause didn't receive any update on my green card while knowing others do day after the interview. So without expecting any news I talked to representative on emma chat and found out my card was mailed to me on 11/01 and after checking the tracking number they provided it turns out I'll have the green card in my hands tomorrow! 😁😁

Congratulations!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 hours ago, Eric&Mirella said:

You have to wait 5 days. For what the agent told me today, is important to prepare beforehand and give a very detailed explanation. Because they're now checking the reasons you give prior to checking the case.  I did a letter (to organize my thoughts lol) explaining why I needed to and while I tried to explain I was always interrupted 😑

Edit: I was told to wait 5 days and request again. So, yep it was denied. 

Like I said before base on my experience, the person on the call with you seems to have been trained not to spend too much time on the phone with expedite request applicants.Hence, a short , concise reason is enough and you back it up with mailing and faxing your evidence same day. 
However , if your request is either approved or denied , it’s a good means of having the case officer take a look at your file for once .Also, you might just get an interview date for your AOS soon instead. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

My interview is tomorrow morning! I'm going to be rushing around getting the rest of my evidence ready today. I don't have a lot but I'll share what I have as proof of bonafide marriage (not including all the required stuff on their list they give us like birth/marriage certificates, etc)

- water bill with both our names

- proof of health insurance together

- proof of car insurance together 

- internet bill in my name only (somewhat proof of address remembering I don't have much)

- mortgage with only husband's name (proof of address)

- a handful of photos 

- cards addressed to both of us and their envelopes 

- proof we went to the same dentist at the same time via a letter from the health insurance (lol)

If anyone has suggestions that I can add to this please let me know. Keep in mind I have no bank account here yet as I haven't had the time since my combo card came in the mail recently.

I also have no more bills with my name on them, the utility companies were really hit or miss when it came to adding me. Did anyone else have that experience with the utility companies?

Edited by Ethan & Shannon

K1 Visa Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/00/2019    Interview approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

Adjustment Of Status Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copies

07/05/2019    Biometrics walk-in

09/30/2019    Interview scheduled (electronic notification)

10/23/2019    EAD/AP approved

11/00/2019    AOS Interview approved!

11/08/2019    Green card is being produced

11/16/2019    Green card in hand

10 hours ago, AFA said:

Update: after refreshing the page it said usps tried to deliver and left the notice. They didn't so I had to reschedule delivery for tomorrow. Still good.

So I guess they require a signature for the card delivery?

11 hours ago, AFA said:

Guys! I'm freaking out cause I'm so happy! I was feeling very impatient and little down cause didn't receive any update on my green card while knowing others do day after the interview. So without expecting any news I talked to representative on emma chat and found out my card was mailed to me on 11/01 and after checking the tracking number they provided it turns out I'll have the green card in my hands tomorrow! 😁😁

Do you remember what you said to the rep?  The rep I got just told me to call USCIS or check the status page.

2 hours ago, Ethan & Shannon said:

My interview is tomorrow morning! I'm going to be rushing around getting the rest of my evidence ready today. I don't have a lot but I'll share what I have as proof of bonafide marriage (not including all the required stuff on their list they give us like birth/marriage certificates, etc)

- internet bill in my name only (somewhat proof of address remembering I don't have much)

- a handful of photos 

- proof we went to the same dentist at the same time via a letter from the health insurance (lol)

If anyone has suggestions that I can add to this please let me know. Keep in mind I have no bank account here yet as I haven't had the time since my combo card came in the mail recently.

I also have no more bills with my name on them, the utility companies were really hit or miss when it came to adding me. Did anyone else have that experience with the utility companies?

Well, I'm beginning to think that taking any evidence at all was a mistake for us.  At least for our LFO.  Another person who interviewed on the same day had barely any evidence at all and got approved the next day.  Ours is still in limbo, and we had a decent amount of evidence.  I'm wondering if the evidence slowed things down.  Like, they said "great, I have to go through all of this" and threw the case on a pile of others.

If you've been married for about 5 months, I doubt they expect much evidence anyway.  Of course, it is most likely just dependent on the IO.  We may have just got unlucky.

Or, the online case status sites are trolling us.  I guess after a week has passed I will really start panicking.

I had the same experience with utilities for my wife.  Some wouldn't add her to the account, one did but it is not reflected anywhere and the bill is still just addressed to me alone.  Only one that I was able to add her on came addressed to us both.  What you have looks fine, to me.  Don't forget copy of marriage certificate just in case and originals of birth, marriage certificates (just to show, not let them keep).

Good luck!

14 hours ago, pinkitmake said:

Not us ~ we submitted an inquiry because the 60 days had passed, so now we have to wait the 30 days for that 🥺

My 60 days will be up on 13/November.I called and talked to the representative but they tell me it can take up to 60 days.Do you think they will just send us the interview notice or the ready to schedule interview?And have you got your EAD?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
19 minutes ago, babie said:

My 60 days will be up on 13/November.I called and talked to the representative but they tell me it can take up to 60 days.Do you think they will just send us the interview notice or the ready to schedule interview?And have you got your EAD?

We haven't got anything yet 🥺 They told me that on the 61st day I could make an inquiry which is what we did, from then they have up to 30 days to respond. It's been 15 already and nothing yet. It was a stupid RFE and I wish it wouldn't have set us back like this 🥺

54 minutes ago, pinkitmake said:

We haven't got anything yet 🥺 They told me that on the 61st day I could make an inquiry which is what we did, from then they have up to 30 days to respond. It's been 15 already and nothing yet. It was a stupid RFE and I wish it wouldn't have set us back like this 🥺

It's so annoying.What was your RFE about?Mine was a letter explaining why my husband didn't have most recent tax returns.I hope they just send us the interview scheduled instead of ready to schedule interview where agaim you have to wait for a long time.So frustrating!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, pinkitmake said:

I’m in the same situation as you. My case is still at ‘RFE sent’ since September 12. I’ll be making the inquiry next week. Is really discouraging. But keep it up! This is not going to last forever!

4 hours ago, Ethan & Shannon said:

- a handful of photos 

The only thing we had in both our names was the electric bill and health insurance. It was not a problem. This was a quote from our interviewer. "She has only been here for six months. I don't expect a lot."   Reading about other people's interview experiences it is obvious that expectations differ from office to office and interviewer to interviewer.

Finally done...

15 hours ago, AFA said:

Update: after refreshing the page it said usps tried to deliver and left the notice. They didn't so I had to reschedule delivery for tomorrow. Still good.

Do you have to sign for green card delivery? My wife's is due to arrive today according to USPS Informed Delivery. It was sent Priority Mail with tracking. Our mail person is notorious for not knocking and just leaving the slip. Then we have to go to the post office and pick it up.

Finally done...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
5 hours ago, Strontium said:

So I guess they require a signature for the card delivery?

Do you remember what you said to the rep?  The rep I got just told me to call USCIS or check the status page.

Yes. There's a signature needed.

I said: "I received a notice of approval yesterday. When can I expect an update on my Green Card."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
12 minutes ago, boris64 said:

Do you have to sign for green card delivery? My wife's is due to arrive today according to USPS Informed Delivery. It was sent Priority Mail with tracking. Our mail person is notorious for not knocking and just leaving the slip. Then we have to go to the post office and pick it up.

Yes. The signature is needed. I am now awake(usually asleep cause of our schedule) and waititng cause our mail lady never knocks. And even worse yesterday she didn't leave a notice. So try to watch out. You can always schedule redelivery which is what I did.

2 hours ago, andreaam said:

I’m in the same situation as you. My case is still at ‘RFE sent’ since September 12. I’ll be making the inquiry next week. Is really discouraging. But keep it up! This is not going to last forever!

Am only a day after u.They received mine on the 13th of September.I pray that they just schedule our interviews soon.This immigration wait can is too painful.What is your local office?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ethan & Shannon said:

- a handful of photos 

I think you have enough evidence 👍 I had the same issue with utility companies, it literally took more than two month to make my name appear on a bill.
We also didn't have a joint bank account when we had the interview, however I was added as an authorized user to my husband's credit cards. He did it online and it was pretty fast, but it depends on a bank I guess. Anyway maybe it will be useful for someone else here :)
Also we asked our family members to write a letter that they know us, what do they think about our relationship and so on. In addition to that I decided to bring some photos which were made before our marriage, just to show the timeline of our relationship. Officer just looked at them, didn't include to the file.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.