EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
40 minutes ago, AFA said:

Yaaay my AOS approval notice came in mail today 😁. Waiting for more updates now.. just can't wait to get the card so I don't have to think about it anymore.

:dance:  CONGRATULATIONS !!  :dance:

Enjoy your break from having to deal with USCIS. In anticipation of the next steps after your break, get a shoe box, or a file cabinet drawer and start saving now the "marital bonafides" that you will need for the ROC process. What to put in it?  All of your joint financial documents, joint utility bills, joint deeds, titles, etc, holidays cards from friends and relatives to both of you, joint insurance policies/documents, joint tax returns, joint wills, DPOAs and living wills. Just put your copies in the box/filing drawer. Sort through and organize your ROC evidence when the time comes. It is way easier to start now, then to do a mad scramble ~18 months later.

Enjoy your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

:dance:  CONGRATULATIONS !!  :dance:

Enjoy your break from having to deal with USCIS. In anticipation of the next steps after your break, get a shoe box, or a file cabinet drawer and start saving now the "marital bonafides" that you will need for the ROC process. What to put in it?  All of your joint financial documents, joint utility bills, joint deeds, titles, etc, holidays cards from friends and relatives to both of you, joint insurance policies/documents, joint tax returns, joint wills, DPOAs and living wills. Just put your copies in the box/filing drawer. Sort through and organize your ROC evidence when the time comes. It is way easier to start now, then to do a mad scramble ~18 months later.

Enjoy your immigration journey.

Thank you so much. That's a good advice. I will definitely create a file and dedicate it for all those documents. I'll enjoy my last weeks of laziness. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sifou.kate said:

Hi guys , i received my Ead approval notice and i-485 interview letter, its going be on December 4th Wichita kansas

Can you please tell me what documents did you all bring to the interview? Thank you

I brought what they required on the list (unless stated that already filed).

-interview notice/invitation

-vaccination record sheet

-all of my notices for: aos, ap, ead(just in case)

-both of our passports, birth certificate and translation to mine

-marriage certificate

-joint health insurance 

-proof of joint amazon account

-proof of authorized credit card user

-photos from the wedding, family reunion and a few other from different occasions(about 15 photos altogether)

-copy of my i-94 and travel history(just in case)

-last 3 paystubs (just in case)

I brought copies of all the official important documents in case IO wanted to keep some.

Edited by AFA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, AFA said:

I brought what they required on the list (unless stated that already filed).

-interview notice/invitation

-vaccination record sheet

-all of my notices for: aos, ap, ead(just in case)

-both of our passports, birth certificate and translation to mine

-marriage certificate

-joint health insurance 

-proof of joint amazon account

-proof of authorized credit card user

-photos from the wedding, family reunion and a few other from different occasions(about 15 photos altogether)

-copy of my i-94 and travel history(just in case)

-last 3 paystubs (just in case)

I brought copies of all the official important documents in case IO wanted to keep some.

Thanks a lot for your help

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, AFA said:

When is your interview?

Good luck! 😁😁

And keep us updated 

Its going to be on December 4th, Wichita kansas

so, we got our RFE post Interview (Oct 31st)

during our interview, officer didn't have our Medical packet from LAX port of entry.

so, my wife needs to go thru USCIS approved doctor and have the dr. do sealed envelope and send it to San bernardino office.

12 hours ago, AFA said:

Yaaay my AOS approval notice came in mail today 😁. Waiting for more updates now.. just can't wait to get the card so I don't have to think about it anymore.

\o/ yeahh so far our timeline still the same lol

i also received my approval letter yesterday.. 

Im super excited to get the cards in hands finally

Edited by WeNandC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
8 hours ago, Pitaya said:

For our AOS interviews, we took the instructions quite literally, and brought every shred of paper that we had send/received to/from USCIS since the start of our immigration journey. It was a good thing, during the interview, the IO asked to see the my divorce decree, claiming that it wasn't in the file (of course, I had previously sent in a copy, oh so many months ago, during the K1 Petition phase of the visa process). I quickly pulled out the original (in a plastic presentation page saver sleeve) and a color laser printed copy. I asked him to compare the copy and original and keep the copy if necessary. He kept the copy. That little maneuver likely saved us from a RFE. Be prepared at your interview, you just don't know what they may ask of you.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Thank you very much!! Our appointment is on Dec 4th and I will have all documents ready this week ! Congratulations on your interview !

K1 Visa

NOA1: 04/20/2018

RFE: 10/15/2018

NOA2: 11/08/2018

Interview date: 04/02/2019

Visa issued: 04/04/2019

POE: 04/04/2019 (El Paso, TX)

Wedding date: 04/27/2019

AOS

1. Package sent to USCIS : 05/29/2019
2. Package received by USCIS : 05/31/2019
3. Service Center reviewing : PHOENIX, AZ
4. FingerPrint notice sent :  06/21/2019
5. FingerPrint notice scheduled : 07/08/2019

6. RFE letter (legal birth certificate): 07/23/2019
7. AP/EAD Text/Email approval : 07/27/2019
8. AP/EAD Physical cards mailed : 08/01/2019
10. Interview was scheduled: 11/22/2019
11. I-485 approved : 12/04/2019
12. GC card mailed : 12/11/2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi everyone so today I received an email from USCIS regarding my expedite request. I guess it was denied? It said that I never provided evidence for my expedite. I talk to an agent 2 times after I did the expedite and asked for instructions but they always said that I had to wait for an email with instructions. Email that never came *sigh* 

My status looks like this. I'm sad :(

IMG_20191105_055925.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.