EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Chris&Ale said:

Required Docs at AOS Interview

May I ask, for those who have already had their AOS interview, what evidence did you present for your IRS tax return from last year? I know I can print out a transcript but I've heard they want "certified" copies? I have also seen that the IRS can take 6-8 weeks to send them out. Any advice on best way to approach this requirement?

Thanks in advance!

Did you send in i-864 when you applied?  If so, you don't need it for the interview.  Transcripts can be downloaded immediately from IRS website.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Chris&Ale said:

Required Docs at AOS Interview

May I ask, for those who have already had their AOS interview, what evidence did you present for your IRS tax return from last year? I know I can print out a transcript but I've heard they want "certified" copies? I have also seen that the IRS can take 6-8 weeks to send them out. Any advice on best way to approach this requirement?

Thanks in advance!

I sent in tax transcript, return and w2 with my packet and was not asked for any of this at our interview 

12 hours ago, Whanlin said:

I sent in tax transcript, return and w2 with my packet and was not asked for any of this at our interview 

i did the same, sent in the transcript for last year, 3 years of returns, 6 months of pay stubs, and my w2 from last year. i think it helped.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
5 hours ago, WeNandC said:

How long after the interview takes to change the status on the website?

I was wondering the same a few days ago. And I know for some people after recommendation for approval they had a change of status the day or two after. But there's no rule I guess. Cause others didn't get the status days after when the card was being sent.

However. Yesterday I chatted on Emma chat with a representative and they told me that notice was mailed to me the day after the interview but the status won't show anything until my card is being sent.

So... I guess it depends 🤷‍♂️

Edited by AFA
Mistake

I just discovered today that my father has some health issues and will most likely require surgery within the next month. Would this qualify as evidence to expedite my AP? What kind of paperwork should I provide them with? 

On top of all the stress about not being able to work and having my life on kind of a stand still, I can’t imagine not being able to go see my father  😥

I'm starting to wonder if the Portland, OR office burned down 😑

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
10 hours ago, WeNandC said:

How long after the interview takes to change the status on the website?

Day after interview it changed. Every day after there was another lil update. Green card came today. Interview was Monday. It only really constantly updated from new site tho. When it shipped it updated on new, old and app

10 hours ago, AFA said:

I was wondering the same a few days ago. And I know for some people after recommendation for approval they had a change of status the day or two after. But there's no rule I guess. Cause others didn't get the status days after when the card was being sent.

However. Yesterday I chatted on Emma chat with a representative and they told me that notice was mailed to me the day after the interview but the status won't show anything until my card is being sent.

So... I guess it depends 🤷‍♂️

I’ll check with Emma on Monday :) thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, akfamilyjourney said:

New site never worked for me! My status there still says case received even though i got my green card already!

Same here. It's stuck to "We received your case" when in reality, I'm waiting for my interview to be scheduled, and my fingerprints review was completed for the EAD.

Also, kinda related, has anyone noticed that the VJ approval estimates for the EAD keep getting worse? When I look at the processing times from the USCIS website though, they seem to be doing good progress. At this pace I could hope to be approved by the end of this month, but VJ estimates that I'll be approved next year.

Edited by TrickorTea

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.