EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
36 minutes ago, cardia said:

Wanted to check in -- I'm anxiously waiting for my interview notice! I have a full, detailed timeline, but I'll just provide a brief overview here. We filed at NBC, and our local office is in San Diego, CA.

Jun 5 -- USCIS received application

Jul 2 -- Biometrics appointment

Aug 22 -- Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Sep 30 -- EAD/AP approved

Oct 18 -- Interview was scheduled

Anyone know when I might receive my interview notice? This entire process has been so brain-space-consuming. 😟

Hi, are you from San Diego also?  I'm from late June and I'm still waiting without any status changes.  :(

1 minute ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Hi, are you from San Diego also?  I'm from late June and I'm still waiting without any status changes.  :(

Yes, I'm a San Diego filer! Sorry to hear about your case. No progress at all? 😧

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
24 minutes ago, beloved_dingo said:

My husband is starting to have a hard time being cooped up at home and not contributing to the financial aspects of our life/marriage. Of course going in to this I told him it would likely be at least November before he got his EAD, but I'm worried about how he will feel if it takes even longer than that (especially with the holidays looming). We are also doing fine financially but he can't help the way he is feeling, and I completely understand it. I just wish there was something I could do to help ease the tension he is feeling. At least we both know that at some point, we will be past all of this. 

Not really asking for advice or anything, but maybe just send some good vibes/positive thoughts/prayers (if that's your thing) our way. He's such a wonderful man and I just want him to be as happy as possible ❤️ 

Side note: As of today we've been married 5 months ❤️ 

Congratulations on your union and I wish you guys the best of everything you've ever hoped for.

The waiting period is frustrating , I can tell you that  as I am going through it. I enrolled in a short-term  program at a college and that has been keeping me busy. I was lucky to be given a scholarship but before that happened, I already set my mind on volunteering in a senior care center close to me.

However, I think 'MOST" June filers  should start getting updates from USCIS , especially in November-December period considering the  4-5 months waiting period. Hang in there mate, it will be over soon ☺️

Cheerio!

Edited by CharleneB

Timeline
38 minutes ago, cardia said:

Yes, I'm a San Diego filer! Sorry to hear about your case. No progress at all? 😧

My case is at “fingerprint reviewed completed” since July 18. I’m still waiting impatiently 😅. Please keep me posted if your interview was scheduled. I’m hoping I can get a spot this year. 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, beloved_dingo said:

My husband is starting to have a hard time being cooped up at home and not contributing to the financial aspects of our life/marriage. Of course going in to this I told him it would likely be at least November before he got his EAD, but I'm worried about how he will feel if it takes even longer than that (especially with the holidays looming). We are also doing fine financially but he can't help the way he is feeling, and I completely understand it. I just wish there was something I could do to help ease the tension he is feeling. At least we both know that at some point, we will be past all of this. 

Not really asking for advice or anything, but maybe just send some good vibes/positive thoughts/prayers (if that's your thing) our way. He's such a wonderful man and I just want him to be as happy as possible ❤️ 

Congrats on your five moths together. 

The waiting period is exhausting,some people enjoy it. But it’s hard when you’re at home most of the time. My mother in law keeps telling me to see this as a holiday, but darn these are the most boring holidays ever then 😅. Hopefully, things will move a bit faster on November 🤞🏼

3 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

My case is at “fingerprint reviewed completed” since July 18. I’m still waiting impatiently 😅. Please keep me posted if your interview was scheduled. I’m hoping I can get a spot this year. 

Yes, I'll let you know! I hope you get an update soon. For your reference: my fingerprint review was completed on July 4, and my EAD was approved on September 30. That's 88 days. I really hope you hear from them soon, I hate waiting too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
41 minutes ago, beloved_dingo said:

We're waiting, too, and it is a bit hard. I'm sending good vibes. I do believe things will start moving for you (and us) soon!

42 minutes ago, beloved_dingo said:

Congratulations and good vibes to you two! I'm the one who is cooped up at home, and sadly though I've gotten my EAD, I feel like not many employers are going to be all too willing to hire me without a green card in hand. It's been a bit difficult, but soon we'll all get through this and live our happy lives together! Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Congrats on your five moths together. 

The waiting period is exhausting,some people enjoy it. But it’s hard when you’re at home most of the time. My mother in law keeps telling me to see this as a holiday, but darn these are the most boring holidays ever then 😅. Hopefully, things will move a bit faster on November 🤞🏼

Thank you! :) Yes, I completely understand! I think the first 2-3 months did indeed feel a bit like a holiday to my husband (it helped that there were a couple of vacations in the mix there as well) but the novelty has definitely worn off. I hope you get some good news soon as well ❤️ 

6 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

We're waiting, too, and it is a bit hard. I'm sending good vibes. I do believe things will start moving for you (and us) soon!

I know yall have been waiting just as long as we have. I really believe November will be a great month for us June filers. I just hope I'm right 😂

1 minute ago, cardia said:

Congratulations and good vibes to you two! I'm the one who is cooped up at home, and sadly though I've gotten my EAD, I feel like not many employers are going to be all too willing to hire me without a green card in hand. It's been a bit difficult, but soon we'll all get through this and live our happy lives together! Good luck!

Thanks! I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you get a good offer soon! I know it can be disheartening when the EAD isn't a magic "get out of the house and work" card. Could you possibly find something part-time, and then keep looking for the job you really want? I think that's what my husband is going to do, if he has trouble quickly finding a solid full time job.

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

5 minutes ago, beloved_dingo said:

Thanks! I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you get a good offer soon! I know it can be disheartening when the EAD isn't a magic "get out of the house and work" card. Could you possibly find something part-time, and then keep looking for the job you really want? I think that's what my husband is going to do, if he has trouble quickly finding a solid full time job.

Yeah, that's my plan as well. I was just looking at some part-time retail jobs today, out of both boredom and desperation! LOL I hope all our cases are speedily processed, so that we can relax a bit and just worry about the finding a job part. How has your husband coped with having to stay at home? I've had to start inventing chores for myself to keep myself from occupied. 😒

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Submitted an inquiry today as it's been 62 days since they received our RFE response. Now to wait up to another 30 days for an answer to that.

On 10/23/2019 at 3:39 PM, kabney110 said:

We had our AOS interview in OKC today, we were approved! I've posted details on our timeline of questions asked and documents we gave them. All in all, it was the easiest part of this whole long journey.

Thank you for this very helpful as my interview is at OKC in 25 days 

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Filers from PHOENIX OFFICE? I am waiting still for interview to be scheduled, 3 months have passed by since ready to be scheduled, I don't even longer look at the sites, I don't like feeling disappointed :) 

K1 Visa

NOA1: 04/20/2018

RFE: 10/15/2018

NOA2: 11/08/2018

Interview date: 04/02/2019

Visa issued: 04/04/2019

POE: 04/04/2019 (El Paso, TX)

Wedding date: 04/27/2019

AOS

1. Package sent to USCIS : 05/29/2019
2. Package received by USCIS : 05/31/2019
3. Service Center reviewing : PHOENIX, AZ
4. FingerPrint notice sent :  06/21/2019
5. FingerPrint notice scheduled : 07/08/2019

6. RFE letter (legal birth certificate): 07/23/2019
7. AP/EAD Text/Email approval : 07/27/2019
8. AP/EAD Physical cards mailed : 08/01/2019
10. Interview was scheduled: 11/22/2019
11. I-485 approved : 12/04/2019
12. GC card mailed : 12/11/2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.