EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Update on my expedite:    time line : requested expedite 22 Oct...sent evidence on 28, 29, 30 oct again and again bcz Fax was giving issues....today got an update new card being produced.

Screenshot_20191101_064436.png

Just now, Eric&Mirella said:

Finally! My case updated. I wonder if it has to do with my expedite request? 🤔

IMG_20191101_065026.jpg

Congrats :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Knome said:

Update on my expedite:    time line : requested expedite 22 Oct...sent evidence on 28, 29, 30 oct again and again bcz Fax was giving issues....today got an update new card being produced.

Screenshot_20191101_064436.png

Congrats :)

There's light at the end of the tunnel 😅congratulations.  Thanks 

10 hours ago, akfamilyjourney said:

So 28 days after the intwerview we finally received status update! I guess my greencard is about to arrive??

This is the only update we received. No "case approved" or "new card is being produced",  just the one that says it was picked by the postal service.

The whole process took us 5 month almost. USCIS is doing quite good this year.

IMG_2762.jpg.91c872187733c557f8c56d576fbbc49b.jpg

Which state do you live in?

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
10 hours ago, akfamilyjourney said:

Fun fact: marriage name is my 4th last name. 😅

Its all doable!

Now that I am married legally I am using my previous last name as my middle name because that last name is soo pretty and reminds me of my dad, so I left it and my marriage name is my last name :D 

K1 Visa

NOA1: 04/20/2018

RFE: 10/15/2018

NOA2: 11/08/2018

Interview date: 04/02/2019

Visa issued: 04/04/2019

POE: 04/04/2019 (El Paso, TX)

Wedding date: 04/27/2019

AOS

1. Package sent to USCIS : 05/29/2019
2. Package received by USCIS : 05/31/2019
3. Service Center reviewing : PHOENIX, AZ
4. FingerPrint notice sent :  06/21/2019
5. FingerPrint notice scheduled : 07/08/2019

6. RFE letter (legal birth certificate): 07/23/2019
7. AP/EAD Text/Email approval : 07/27/2019
8. AP/EAD Physical cards mailed : 08/01/2019
10. Interview was scheduled: 11/22/2019
11. I-485 approved : 12/04/2019
12. GC card mailed : 12/11/2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Mike&Lulu Burton said:

Now that I am married legally I am using my previous last name as my middle name because that last name is soo pretty and reminds me of my dad, so I left it and my marriage name is my last name :D 

I was told I couldn’t do that in California. I have 2 Names and 2 surnames and would have loved to add my husband’s surname. But I had to shorten it :(  I ended up taking his and removing my  previous surnames. 

Edited by Eric&Mirella

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I know I should be more patient and it's only been two days since my interview (recommended for approval) but I wonder how long would it take for the status to change. It's still on "interview was scheduled"

Also. After I left the interview I noticed the IO put a name of another applicant on the form I received at the end of the interview. My A number is correct on it.

6 minutes ago, AFA said:

I know I should be more patient and it's only been two days since my interview (recommended for approval) but I wonder how long would it take for the status to change. It's still on "interview was scheduled"

Also. After I left the interview I noticed the IO put a name of another applicant on the form I received at the end of the interview. My A number is correct on it.

2-3 days.

i'm waiting on my interview status to change.. had our interview yesterday, the officer was missing our medical packet from port of entry.. during the end of interview and few waits.. he said he made some calls and found my wife medical packet.. and should be received yesterday EOD and my case would be updated, if the packet is missing any info.. we will need to go to doctor office to get the physical and any vaccinations done and resubmit via postal mail.

9 minutes ago, AFA said:

I really don’t want to be a party pooper but my friend waited over 60 days for hers to be approved after her interview, it was such a nightmare. She contacted uscis at least twice in that time, both times they said they don’t know what’s going on but they’ll “open an inquiry”. I was already helping her to write to her local congressman, but literally a day after that the status changed and her card showed up in the mail. 
I honestly don’t wish that to anyone, she was extremely stressed out. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 10/31/2019 at 4:50 PM, celie&joseph said:

It's funny you mention that. We also requested an expedite and got denied and 2 days later our interview was scheduled. I thought it to be a coincidence but there could be a link to these schedulings.

As the saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease? LOL  :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 hours ago, boris64 said:

October 31, 2019

New Card Is Being Produced

On October 31, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number  and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Congratulations!

5 hours ago, Mike&Lulu Burton said:

My wife did the same)

Finally done...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Required Docs at AOS Interview

May I ask, for those who have already had their AOS interview, what evidence did you present for your IRS tax return from last year? I know I can print out a transcript but I've heard they want "certified" copies? I have also seen that the IRS can take 6-8 weeks to send them out. Any advice on best way to approach this requirement?

Thanks in advance!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.