EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
39 minutes ago, CharleneB said:

I will suggest you try again 1st thing in the morning. Looking at your timeline , it's been more than 100 days since you did your Bio metric which was what I waited for before I called and I was lucky not to be asked for any RFE  afterwards before it was approved  less than 24hrs after the call.Hence , I want to believe calling after 100 days is a good move regardless of RFE or not. My aim for calling while preparing my evidence (was not to see if the expedite request would be denied or approved down the line but ) was just to give them a nudge to look into my case regardless.

Thank you for that advice. I do believe it " nudges" them. My husband is going to call in the morning.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

That's what we did. We went to "Ask Emma" and typed in "speak to representative", and were connected to live chat. We were connected immediately.

My bad, I thought you have requested an expedite or asked about it.  🥴 too much uscis stuff today lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

My bad, I thought you have requested an expedite or asked about it.  🥴 too much uscis stuff today lol

Definitely too much!😀

10 hours ago, AFA said:

Hello everyone!

We had our green card interview today in Atlanta. We got there about 20 minutes before scheduled time. We waited about 30 minutes before our number was called. The interview lasted around the same.

The officer was nice and calm. After we took an oath and sat down. I was asked for a couple of documents such as marriage certificate and my vaccination sheet, passports. We were asked maybe 10 questions in total on top of the security questions from I-485. 

How did we meet?

Both of our parents names

Our birthdays

Where do we live

When did we get married

I honestly don't remember some but they were very basic and easy.

There were a few "tricky" ones, for emaple:

IO asked my husband "Is that your signature?" while pointing at mine.

It was easy and felt more like a conversation than "investigation" regardless.

Half of the time he was typing things down and collecting our proof of relationship that I brought: joint health insurance, credit cards and Amazon prime account, some photos and screenshots from our calls and conversations.

Later just shook our hands and congratulated.  

Accepted on the spot! Now I'm just waiting for updates and my CARD!

Good luck to everyone! Hopefully everyone will get their interviews and cards, or at least permits very soon 😁

We are waiting the updates too.

we supposed to expect the card in about 30 days.. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
1 hour ago, WeNandC said:

We are waiting the updates too.

we supposed to expect the card in about 30 days.. :)

The IO didn't tell me how long and I forgot to ask cause I was too excited. We'll find out soon.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

October 29th status of i-485 changed to interview was scheduled.

October 31st ead status changed to new card is being produced.

How long does it take to recieve the Ead? Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 10/29/2019 at 8:10 AM, CharleneB said:

Hi guys, I woke up to a new status on my EAD finally - New Card Is Being Produced!

I decided to submit an expedite request over the phone yesterday .I guess that gave them a nudge to see to my case .I also mailed and faxed my evidence after the call but I guess the call was enough. See the screenshot I attached here.

Good luck to others waiting for similar update .

4D3660C8-3E6F-4013-B178-73ADFA9B6917.jpeg

Congratulations!!! 

So I tried speaking to a live representative on the Emma chat just to see if there’s anything g they can say about my EAD/AP, got through within minutes and had a very nice sound rep - until the chat kicked me out and disconnected! 
I tried again, got through to another one (nowhere as polite as the first one) and she just gave me the generic response “you are within the processing times and approval is not guaranteed”. Good effort though 😂

1 hour ago, boris64 said:

Just returned from our interview. Recommended for approval. She said she would try to have the approval in the system by the end of the day. The young woman who interviewed us was very professional. Make sure you talk to your spouse about means tested benefits, food stamps, and other welfare programs. My wife was asked if she planned on using any of these benefits specifically and my wife looked at me like "WT& is she talking about." :-)))) I told the interviewer that my wife had no idea about the concept of food stamps or welfare. Overall positive experience. The only bad thing is when we got there (St. Louis) there was no line or system to decide who is next to check in. The applicants had to police themselves. That isn't always going to work. Good luck to everyone else.

We had pretty much the same experience, verbatim.  Wife was like...huh? when asked if she plans to use welfare or any of that.  Had to ask one of the IO's that was calling a person in for their interview about the check-in as there wasn't even anyone at the window.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

We received notification in the mail today that our interview has been scheduled for December 12th which is way faster than others I've spoken with in this area. It took right at 4 months from NOA1. I think my local office average processing time is more like 14-16 months. 

So, perhaps the request (and denial) of EAD might have spurred them on to schedule us for an interview early? 

NOA1: June 27th

Biometric: July 18th

Interview Scheduled: December 11th

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Chris&Ale said:

We received notification in the mail today that our interview has been scheduled for December 12th which is way faster than others I've spoken with in this area. It took right at 4 months from NOA1. I think my local office average processing time is more like 14-16 months. 

So, perhaps the request (and denial) of EAD might have spurred them on to schedule us for an interview early? 

Congrats, how long did it take for you to recieve the notice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So I finally raised my expedite request for EAD as I know iwnt b getting green card any soon as seattle has wait time of more than one year.

I got a notice to submit evidence.idid that yesterday and i tried calling USCIS like 100 times to know if my evidences I faxed are recieved or not..but was not sucessfull so finally i chatted wit EMMA live jus now and i have been told my expedite request have been approved ..however idnt see any status change for my reciept no. Online...lets C how long more it takes to get EAD in hand..

Idint have an offer letter but i had several mails from employers regarding job openings and i submitted those mails as evidence.

yesterday i cleared an interview and now i have been offered a job so i hope i get EAD in time. __/\__

Screenshot_20191031_133010.png

Filed: Other Timeline
34 minutes ago, Chris&Ale said:

It's funny you mention that. We also requested an expedite and got denied and 2 days later our interview was scheduled. I thought it to be a coincidence but there could be a link to these schedulings.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.