EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Also.. We received a "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" notice on Sept 13... but have yet to receive "Your interview has been scheduled" alert. Is it normal to take this long?

08/30/2018 - Sent I-129F package via USPS

09/04/2018 - Picked up from Dallas Lockbox

09/08/2018 - Check cashed

09/10/2018 - Case number received via text/email

Old NOA1 - 08/31/2018

New NOA1 - 09/06/2018

NOA2 - 01/18/2019

01/24/2019 - Checked new website and see an approval!

02/06/2019 - NVC received our case. Pending Case #

02/11/2019 - Called NVC, Case # has been assigned.

04/09/2019 - K1 Interview/Approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, jayesel said:

Also.. We received a "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" notice on Sept 13... but have yet to receive "Your interview has been scheduled" alert. Is it normal to take this long?

This depends on your local field office. Some filers wait months until status “interview was scheduled”, while others receive it a way faster. 

7 minutes ago, jayesel said:

Yes. Mine has been sitting on that since August 22nd, and I’m not expecting an interview until next spring as our office times are 10 months and up. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, boris64 said:

Yes, it is worth trying everything.  What bothers me is when people on VJ discourage people to request an expedite.  I say request away! All they can do is say no)))

I absolutely agree with you. I've even seen someone discouraging people to call for information on their case. Why shouldn't we call? That's what customer service is there for.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Just now, Joyoussinger said:

I absolutely agree with you. I've even seen someone discouraging people to call for information on their case. Why shouldn't we call? That's what customer service is there for.

Yep. I totally agree with you. This process isn’t free and asking about our cases shouldn’t be something seen as “bad” 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, Eric&Mirella said:

Yep. I totally agree with you. This process isn’t free and asking about our cases shouldn’t be something seen as “bad” 

If things were done in a reasonable timeframe, 95% of the call center could be eliminated.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nwoke said:

Please, what phone number can I use to contact USCIS for expediting? The one I saw online does not give me any option to speak with a live agent.

phone number: 1800-375-5283 . That's the USCIS contact center.

Fax number : 1 (816)-251-2290

1( 816)-25- 2771

Edited by CharleneB

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hello everyone!

We had our green card interview today in Atlanta. We got there about 20 minutes before scheduled time. We waited about 30 minutes before our number was called. The interview lasted around the same.

The officer was nice and calm. After we took an oath and sat down. I was asked for a couple of documents such as marriage certificate and my vaccination sheet, passports. We were asked maybe 10 questions in total on top of the security questions from I-485. 

How did we meet?

Both of our parents names

Our birthdays

Where do we live

When did we get married

I honestly don't remember some but they were very basic and easy.

There were a few "tricky" ones, for emaple:

IO asked my husband "Is that your signature?" while pointing at mine.

It was easy and felt more like a conversation than "investigation" regardless.

Half of the time he was typing things down and collecting our proof of relationship that I brought: joint health insurance, credit cards and Amazon prime account, some photos and screenshots from our calls and conversations.

Later just shook our hands and congratulated.  

Accepted on the spot! Now I'm just waiting for updates and my CARD!

Good luck to everyone! Hopefully everyone will get their interviews and cards, or at least permits very soon 😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
47 minutes ago, CharleneB said:

phone number: 1800-375-5283 . That's the USCIS contact center.

Fax number : 1 (816)-251-2290

1( 816)-25- 2771

That's the number I called but it has bo option for you to speak with a representative.

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Nwoke said:

That's the number I called but it has bo option for you to speak with a representative.

Yes, it does not give a direct option for submission of expedite request, you have to speak to a representative. Follow the prompts below :

1 for English ( in your case)

then  2 for other services

then 3 to obtain USCIS form

finally 2 for further assistance

Good luck!

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Nwoke said:

My husband just called and couldn't reach a live person, either. I've done it, but can't remember how. He settled for "live chat" and it was frustrating! The rep told him that our case is still processing and a decision hasn't been made yet. My husband asked if we can expect an RFE, and the rep said that if they need one, they'll send out a request. Well - didn't we waste our time!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

My husband just called and couldn't reach a live person, either. I've done it, but can't remember how. He settled for "live chat" and it was frustrating! The rep told him that our case is still processing and a decision hasn't been made yet. My husband asked if we can expect an RFE, and the rep said that if they need one, they'll send out a request. Well - didn't we waste our time!

I will suggest you try again 1st thing in the morning. Looking at your timeline , it's been more than 100 days since you did your Bio metric which was what I waited for before I called and I was lucky not to be asked for any RFE  afterwards before it was approved  less than 24hrs after the call.Hence , I want to believe calling after 100 days is a good move regardless of RFE or not. My aim for calling while preparing my evidence (was not to see if the expedite request would be denied or approved down the line but ) was just to give them a nudge to look into my case regardless.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

I’d talk to an agent on Emma, I found that they’re less rude. And you don’t have to wait for 20 minutes or more to talk to someone. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

I’d talk to an agent on Emma, I found that they’re less rude. And you don’t have to wait for 20 minutes or more to talk to someone. 

That's what we did. We went to "Ask Emma" and typed in "speak to representative", and were connected to live chat. We were connected immediately.

Edited by Joyoussinger

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.