EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, DISCERNING said:

@MrsRo,

Have you applied to renew your EAD?

If so what was the process, Does it take long?

Not yet, but I have to look into it and apply for an extension before the end of the month if I don’t hear anything regarding my interview. It is starting to concern me so definitely have to do something about it. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Interview rescheduled yesterday! Don’t know the new date yet, it was originally 04/09. Wonder how far out it’s going to be, I think it’s usually about 2 mo later from the schedule notice. My EAD expires in dec so I was about to request extension... phew! 

Adjustment Of Status

06/14/2019    Application sent

06/26/2019    NOA1 Issued

07/01/2019    NOA1 hard copy

07/16/2019    Biometrics

10/17/2016    Status updated: "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

12/09/2019    EAD Approved 

02/19/2020    Status updated: "Interview Was Scheduled"

02/24/2020    Interview schedule notice received (snail mail)

04/09/2020    Interview canceled due to covid-19 lockdown

08/12/2020    Status updated: "Interview Was Scheduled"

08/20/2020    Interview reschedule notice received (snail mail)

09/14/2020    Interview at the USCIS Field Office, new card being produced 

09/16/2020    Case approved, Card mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Malaka2019 said:

Interview rescheduled yesterday! Don’t know the new date yet, it was originally 04/09. Wonder how far out it’s going to be, I think it’s usually about 2 mo later from the schedule notice. My EAD expires in dec so I was about to request extension... phew! 

Congratulations!! My interview was scheduled today! I didn't have any origanal interview and I already sent in a renewal for EAD and AP but I guess that'll be ignored now? Do you happen to have a list of documents to take for the AOS interview? Also, let me know once you have your interview date :) Is your location Manhattan?

Timeline

I'm adjusting status from K1 visa and have my AOS Interview next month. When I submitted my AOS application my wife (USC) was transitioning between jobs so we used her mom (my mother in law) as a joint sponsor. Now my wife and I both have a job and make enough above the level required. Can we not use my mother in law as a joint sponsor anymore? If yes, should I just take an updated i-864 with my wife's information or do I need to do anything else? Do I need to take any of my mother in laws documents if we're not using her as a joint sponsor?

Thank you for your help in advance!!

Edited by ds2

On 8/12/2020 at 2:28 PM, MrsRo said:

Not yet, but I have to look into it and apply for an extension before the end of the month if I don’t hear anything regarding my interview. It is starting to concern me so definitely have to do something about it. 

Application for EAD extensions with pending I-485s is apparently free...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 8/12/2020 at 6:46 AM, DISCERNING said:

Anyone with knowledge on EAD renewal and How long it takes Please?

I applied for my EAD renewal late last month. I recently received confirmation letters that the USCIS has received my application and are working on it. I guess if u have the confirmation letter then u can keep working if u don't receive ur new card and ur old card is expired. I guess u need to contact ur HR and show them that letter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 8/12/2020 at 7:07 AM, emm21717 said:

FINALLY! Baltimore is reopening! Got our rescheduled interview. Original interview was day 1 of the shut down :( Havent recieved exact date yet, waiting for the mailed letter. But so happy it is reopening for interviews. My husbands EAD are to expire in November!

Congratulations! Keep us updated. :)

1 hour ago, MrsRo said:

There is hope! Just received the email that my interview has been rescheduled! I originally had it for mid April(this is Newark,NJ) 

so glad I don’t have to apply for that EAD extension now. 

congrats. me too my renewal application for ead is ready to be mailed but got lazy to go to usps then i am now scheduled for interview. so no need to send this

2 hours ago, MrsRo said:

There is hope! Just received the email that my interview has been rescheduled! I originally had it for mid April(this is Newark,NJ) 

so glad I don’t have to apply for that EAD extension now. 

That's great News! There is hope after all...I put in an application for EAD extension already 🤦🏾‍♂️ since Newark is noted for delays. Still no interview date from September last year's notice to schedule.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 8/12/2020 at 5:23 PM, Malaka2019 said:

Nice! How long does it take to receive the letter notice? Mine changed status saying interview scheduled last week but still haven’t yet received the notice. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, jjdhs said:

Nice! How long does it take to receive the letter notice? Mine changed status saying interview scheduled last week but still haven’t yet received the notice. 

Same! My status changed on August 15 and I'm still waiting for thr notice in mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
56 minutes ago, babie said:

Anyone has experience with K4 visas?

Given that K-3s are extremely rare (most applications for them get turned into CR-1/IR-1s), and K-4s are eligible children of K-3s, probably not ...

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.