EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
33 minutes ago, kittyanne said:

My medical exam has already expired, I got it on march 2019 back in my country. I believe when I have the interview I should bring I-693 with me. 

Yes, this virus got us all up! I hope when they open again they would schedule all the waiting applicants.😊 

Thanks, stay safe!

My medical in my home country was done in March 2019 too. For K1 visa, you have to apply for your AOS before the medical expires (or you will have to redo it), which I am sure you did. Your AOS interview does not need to be completed before your medical expires.  This is what I read.  But like I said, you can be redo it if you want to be safe and avoid any RFE in the unfortunate event that the field office misplaces your original  medical results. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I hope we all get through this pandemic together unscathed.Stay safe!

While updating my profile, I thought I should share this with you guys who are yet to have your interview.

NOTE: Your interview starts from moment the I.O welcomes you from the entrance of the hallway NOT when you all get to his/her office. Your responses and your body language to the small talk after " Good morning/afternoon" in the hallway and his/her  quick impression of you both as a couple is a build-up to what he/she is going to ask from both of you as soon as you sit down.They are Psychologists with years of experience!
Good luck everyone!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Unfortunately, I am still waiting without an interview even scheduled. Had a couple hiccups with my birth certificate. Hopefully the world goes back to normal soon enough and I can continue in the process! 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/15/2020 at 5:56 AM, CharleneB said:

I hope we all get through this pandemic together unscathed.Stay safe!

While updating my profile, I thought I should share this with you guys who are yet to have your interview.

NOTE: Your interview starts from moment the I.O welcomes you from the entrance of the hallway NOT when you all get to his/her office. Your responses and your body language to the small talk after " Good morning/afternoon" in the hallway and his/her  quick impression of you both as a couple is a build-up to what he/she is going to ask from both of you as soon as you sit down.They are Psychologists with years of experience!
Good luck everyone!

100% true. Cos I was so supprised how easy and fast mine was.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Spotify said:

Anyone thinking of renewing their EAD?

Yes my EAD is expiring in November, I'm thinking of sending it for renewal next month, I'm from Manhattan NY so most probably wont get my GC anytime soon, specially considering the whole coronavirus situation.

13 minutes ago, ds2 said:

Yes my EAD is expiring in November, I'm thinking of sending it for renewal next month, I'm from Manhattan NY so most probably wont get my GC anytime soon, specially considering the whole coronavirus situation.

Hi!

Do you know how long does the renewal process take? Mine is expiring in November too, I had my interview scheduled in Newark NJ, for April but it got cancelled due to the virus. I’m really hoping I’ll get a new date ASAP after USCIS opens their offices again and don’t have to go through the EAD renewal process... 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

My case was rejected with a reason "The Payment amount is incorrect or has not been provided". I filed G-1450 and provided my credit card information and $1225 for (I-131, i-765, i-864). As far as I can tell credit card information I provided is correct. What could have gone wrong?

Also, can I reuse the returned form(s) when I resubmit my application or do I need to startover everything?

On 3/28/2020 at 1:56 PM, MrsRo said:

Hi, 

Newark, NJ here too. I got my “interview ready to scheduled” in August and my interview was actually scheduled about a month ago, for April 15th. However, now because of this virus closure, I am sure it will be delayed. I’m just waiting for the letter to show up. 
My EAD expires in November too but I’m confident that my interview will surely be by that, since it is now scheduled for April. This virus chaos will probably delay your interview too, but I’m sure it’ll come on time before EAD expiration. 

Please Any updates so far?

On 6/10/2020 at 12:34 PM, srihil said:

My case was rejected with a reason "The Payment amount is incorrect or has not been provided". I filed G-1450 and provided my credit card information and $1225 for (I-131, i-765, i-864). As far as I can tell credit card information I provided is correct. What could have gone wrong?

Also, can I reuse the returned form(s) when I resubmit my application or do I need to startover everything?

when did you file and when did you received the rejection?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just received my EAD. I'm assuming based on the latest comments I'll be waiting a while for an interview. Almost a year exactly. A couple hiccups with my birth certificate slowed me down, but still very excited. Unfortunately due to covid, I can't return to get some of my stuff.

Edited by Gr1nling

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.