TastyCake

Kiev interview calendar question

141 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, GP1977 said:

1) Вам нужно подождать, пока ваше дело не дойдет до NVC, и у вас есть KEV #, прежде чем планировать медицинское обслуживание. Мы запланировали наш, как только у нас будет этот номер, хотя многие другие скажут вам подождать, пока вы не получите указания от посольства. Но вы можете определенно запланировать, как только он попадет в NVC, и они назначат вам номер вашего дела. Кроме того, ваше медицинское обслуживание действует только в течение 6 месяцев (что означает, что вы должны въехать в США до 6 месяцев с даты медицинского обслуживания), что, как правило, достаточно времени, но о чем следует помнить.

2) вам также понадобится ваш номер KEV от NVC, чтобы запланировать интервью. Когда у вас есть номер дела, вы, вероятно, выйдете, по крайней мере, на несколько недель (возможно, дольше) в зависимости от того, как быстро NVC сможет отправить ваше дело в посольство.

удачи!

Thank you!!)) 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Mike & Oksi said:

Can anyone please provide the number they called to schedule their interview in Kyiv with???  Online we are unable to schedule, and waiting for a response from support as to why this may be happening.  Throughout these posts I see many references to calling for scheduling, but nothing specific in regards to the number.  Thank you so much in advance!

no interviews.png

The number is on the embassy website. Just remember not to login to the ustraveldocs site to many times in a day. I have heard of others getting locked out for 72 hours. Keep checking they will open more slots and have some cancellations happen

Timeline

I am actually getting set up to do this interview a THIRD time.  The first time was with my FIRST Ukrainian wife, in 1998, in Warsaw, because the US Embassy in Kyiv was not set up to do interviews then.  I was with her, but was not asked any questions, visa was granted.  She, unfortunately passed away in an accident, after 13 years of being married. She was an Angel, and now she is really one.   So I found another "Ukrainka" and married her, but she turned out to be a devil.  I went with her to the visa interview in Kyiv in 2013.  Went with her to the window for the interview, made it obvious that I am fluent in Russian, while speaking with my fiancé at the time.  But had to get an annulment of that one.  Now I am going back for a THIRD try at this.  I anticipate that being present at her interview may help, but being absent does not hurt.  And showing that you can communicate with each other in English, Russian or Ukrainian probably makes a good impression on the CO as well.

Timeline
On 8/20/2019 at 3:42 AM, Albatross said:

I am actually getting set up to do this interview a THIRD time.  The first time was with my FIRST Ukrainian wife, in 1998, in Warsaw, because the US Embassy in Kyiv was not set up to do interviews then.  I was with her, but was not asked any questions, visa was granted.  She, unfortunately passed away in an accident, after 13 years of being married. She was an Angel, and now she is really one.   So I found another "Ukrainka" and married her, but she turned out to be a devil.  I went with her to the visa interview in Kyiv in 2013.  Went with her to the window for the interview, made it obvious that I am fluent in Russian, while speaking with my fiancé at the time.  But had to get an annulment of that one.  Now I am going back for a THIRD try at this.  I anticipate that being present at her interview may help, but being absent does not hurt.  And showing that you can communicate with each other in English, Russian or Ukrainian probably makes a good impression on the CO as well.

@AlbatrossKeep us updated. I think you will have an interesting process. Seems like you are really confident that the I-129F will be an easy approval by the fact that you are already thinking about the interview in Kiev. I am not an expert in anything just to make that clear lol, but I do communicate with USCIS on a regular basis since I work in an immigration law office. Although, I must admit I do not do many k1's as usually this is not as profitable and a lot of it is done overseas, so we do things we can generally do here in the US and clientele with more difficult cases. Meaning usually clients with prior criminal convictions. 

However, if in your application there is not mention about your second marriage I am sure you will get an RFE for more details about it. How far did you go with your wife in the immigration process. Did you guys file the AOS? Were you the sponsor? If so, you may still be on the hook if she never naturalized. 

Anyway my fiancee just had her interview, and I think one female CO there is really making a name for herself there lol. I know she will "grill" her on your previous marriages. Not saying is something that will lead to a denial or anything, but apparently she likes asking questions that shock some people lol. For my fiancee the CO made my travel history an issue for her. I travel a little bit because I studied in Europe, so I would like to travel to places where I though the dollar would go further. I once went to Odessa for leisure. Mind you, this was before me and my fiancee started a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.

The CO was asking her why I went to Odessa. My fiancee said for leisure and probably to hang out with friends. The CO would not let it go and kept asking her if she knew which friend specifically. When she said she did not know she proceeded by saying if she did not even know if was a girl or boy. Then mentioned hmmm Odessa is an interesting city. She was basically implying that I was traveling different places meeting woman and asked her if she felt not bad about it. This was so crazy lol I could not even have imagined this line of questioning before the interview lol. Either way she got approved pending the sputum test, but this is by what I mean that she might get "grilled" at the interview.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Verteres said:

@AlbatrossKeep us updated. I think you will have an interesting process. Seems like you are really confident that the I-129F will be an easy approval by the fact that you are already thinking about the interview in Kiev. I am not an expert in anything just to make that clear lol, but I do communicate with USCIS on a regular basis since I work in an immigration law office. Although, I must admit I do not do many k1's as usually this is not as profitable and a lot of it is done overseas, so we do things we can generally do here in the US and clientele with more difficult cases. Meaning usually clients with prior criminal convictions. 

However, if in your application there is not mention about your second marriage I am sure you will get an RFE for more details about it. How far did you go with your wife in the immigration process. Did you guys file the AOS? Were you the sponsor? If so, you may still be on the hook if she never naturalized. 

Anyway my fiancee just had her interview, and I think one female CO there is really making a name for herself there lol. I know she will "grill" her on your previous marriages. Not saying is something that will lead to a denial or anything, but apparently she likes asking questions that shock some people lol. For my fiancee the CO made my travel history an issue for her. I travel a little bit because I studied in Europe, so I would like to travel to places where I though the dollar would go further. I once went to Odessa for leisure. Mind you, this was before me and my fiancee started a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.

The CO was asking her why I went to Odessa. My fiancee said for leisure and probably to hang out with friends. The CO would not let it go and kept asking her if she knew which friend specifically. When she said she did not know she proceeded by saying if she did not even know if was a girl or boy. Then mentioned hmmm Odessa is an interesting city. She was basically implying that I was traveling different places meeting woman and asked her if she felt not bad about it. This was so crazy lol I could not even have imagined this line of questioning before the interview lol. Either way she got approved pending the sputum test, but this is by what I mean that she might get "grilled" at the interview.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Verteres said:

To respond to your post above:

1.  Shouldn't get an RFE for second "Ukrainka."  Explained that she left the USA BEFORE the renewal of her Green Card at the 2 year point.  I did NOT renew her Conditional Green Card.  She is back in Ukraine with NO US status whatsoever.  Cannot come back to the USA, which made the Annulment of Marriage an easy deal.  She couldn't come back to oppose, and couldn't afford an attorney here either.  Then she acknowledged notification of hearing by email!  Slam-Dunk!

2.  I am spending about half of my time in Ukraine these days, as Ukrainian law allows me to spend 90 of any 180 days in country.  Got all the airline boarding passes as well as the passport stamps to prove that I am in Ukraine every month.  Last time I found a way to expedite the NOA2; we'll see if it works this time.  Maybe, maybe not.  So in any case, I just spend half of my life in Ukraine.  That means I do not work when I am in Ukraine.  That has benefits in many ways, since I am retired from 2 jobs, and only occasionally work at a third.  One of them is retired Colonel US Army.  Another is former captain, United Airlines. 

3.  There is NO question they can ask that I am not ready to answer.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 5/29/2019 at 2:19 PM, Shiran said:

When we did our interviews could literally schedule it next day. I see from your timeline your packet is on the way to Kyiv. CEAC probably already showing status as "ready" for you. Case will physically arrive Friday, and Embassy should be ready on Monday. It is also perfectly fine to call the Embassy on the phone to schedule things which might give you better idea of the time availability. You can look for some rental flats at  booking.com near the Embassy. And yes, it should be perfectly fine get package from medicon the day before. MEdicom btw is not too far from Metro station (About 10 min walk) To be clear, it is possible that medicom results will be ready same day, especially if you have early morning appointment, but it is not a risk I would take. 

Guys, I am reading your back and forth with great interest. I am awaiting arrival of my fiancees packet from NVC. Who will get the email that Kyiv has received it. I believe in the I129F form, only my (Sponsor) email was asked and provided, so my fiancee will not receive any email ? Any way I can ask them now to email her also ? Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Shipmaster said:

Guys, I am reading your back and forth with great interest. I am awaiting arrival of my fiancees packet from NVC. Who will get the email that Kyiv has received it. I believe in the I129F form, only my (Sponsor) email was asked and provided, so my fiancee will not receive any email ? Any way I can ask them now to email her also ? Thanks.

Beneficiary can fill out requests here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html
Having said that, there is literally NOTHING you need e-mailed from Kyiv Embassy, all information is readily available at any point, which is what allows Kyiv beneficiary to get a bit of head starts on interview scheduling process. Embassy also fairly responsive to call and e-mails. 
When did NVC get the packet? 

Timeline
19 hours ago, Shiran said:

Beneficiary can fill out requests here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html
Having said that, there is literally NOTHING you need e-mailed from Kyiv Embassy, all information is readily available at any point, which is what allows Kyiv beneficiary to get a bit of head starts on interview scheduling process. Embassy also fairly responsive to call and e-mails. 
When did NVC get the packet? 

Thanks, NVC got the packet recently only on August 29. I have booked my flight to Kiev for Sept 24,hopefully it will work out ok.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Shipmaster said:

Thanks, NVC got the packet recently only on August 29. I have booked my flight to Kiev for Sept 24,hopefully it will work out ok.

You should be able to do DS-160 at this point and create traveldoc account. https://ustraveldocs.com/ua/  Creating account should give you an idea of the earliest available interview dates. If she is in Kyiv, you can go ahead with medical as well. Suggest using Medicom. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Shiran said:

You should be able to do DS-160 at this point and create traveldoc account. https://ustraveldocs.com/ua/  Creating account should give you an idea of the earliest available interview dates. If she is in Kyiv, you can go ahead with medical as well. Suggest using Medicom. 

Thanks Shiran, but wow, that's a lot of wishful thinking. NVC may not send her documents yet for another 2 weeks, and then the Embassy will surely not send her documents for another week at least. Are you saying, no need for her to receive official intimation from the Embassy as long as it is Ready on CEAC site ?  Please advise, thanks.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shipmaster said:

the Embassy will surely not send her documents for another week at least.

I am not sure what you are referring to here. We never received any mail from Kyiv Embassy. I would not count or wait for it. Next NVC shipment is suppose to be tomorrow, 3 Sept, but NVC got your case on 29 Aug, and Monday was a holiday, so it is likely it won't ship until Sept 17, so I wouldn't schedule interview earlier than Sept 24. Unless you get lucky and NVC actually ships it tomorrow, in which case you should be good to go for Sept 10 assuming you have all your other ducks in a row (Police cert, I-134 + tax transcripts, original of the birthday cert etc)

Edited by Shiran

Timeline
13 hours ago, Shiran said:

I am not sure what you are referring to here. We never received any mail from Kyiv Embassy. I would not count or wait for it. Next NVC shipment is suppose to be tomorrow, 3 Sept, but NVC got your case on 29 Aug, and Monday was a holiday, so it is likely it won't ship until Sept 17, so I wouldn't schedule interview earlier than Sept 24. Unless you get lucky and NVC actually ships it tomorrow, in which case you should be good to go for Sept 10 assuming you have all your other ducks in a row (Police cert, I-134 + tax transcripts, original of the birthday cert etc)

Does NVC send cases to Kiev consulate only every 2 weeks ? You are saying that if my case does not leave on Sept 3 it will next leave on Sept 17. So no cases will go between those dates ? I am asking, how will I know my case has been shipped to Kiev ? Thanks.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Shipmaster said:

Does NVC send cases to Kiev consulate only every 2 weeks ? You are saying that if my case does not leave on Sept 3 it will next leave on Sept 17. So no cases will go between those dates ? I am asking, how will I know my case has been shipped to Kiev ? Thanks.

By checking status on CEAC site. You also should get an e-mail, a very formal looking e-mail with RTF attachment from NVC when it ships to the Embassy. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Shiran said:

By checking status on CEAC site. You also should get an e-mail, a very formal looking e-mail with RTF attachment from NVC when it ships to the Embassy. 

OK that makes a lot of sense, thanks again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.