TastyCake

Kiev interview calendar question

141 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all your input. I have an interview scheduled for August 20th. So hopefully all goes well. There’s also a holiday that following Monday I believe, so yeah there can be unexpected delays. Anyway, thanks guys. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey guys, so I unfortunately will not be able to make it to the interview due to work. Do you think this a strong reason why a case could be potentially denied at the embassy? I mean, I really see no flags in our case except I cannot be at the interview.  I work a lot with immigrant visas around the world, but generally in all other embassies the petitioners are not allowed to approach the officers window at all or in some cases not even allowed to enter the building. I know Kyiv is different in this manner, and have heard that a few times they allow both to approach, and always tends to go well when this happens.

So I was just wondering what do you guys think? How detrimental is it that I am not going? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Verteres said:

Hey guys, so I unfortunately will not be able to make it to the interview due to work. Do you think this a strong reason why a case could be potentially denied at the embassy? I mean, I really see no flags in our case except I cannot be at the interview.  I work a lot with immigrant visas around the world, but generally in all other embassies the petitioners are not allowed to approach the officers window at all or in some cases not even allowed to enter the building. I know Kyiv is different in this manner, and have heard that a few times they allow both to approach, and always tends to go well when this happens.

So I was just wondering what do you guys think? How detrimental is it that I am not going? 

I went to my husband's CR-1 visa interview in Rio de Janeiro with him, there were many K-1 couples there too.  So it is allowed and encouraged at lots of embassies and consulates around the world.  I was even asked a couple of questions.  If you can't go because of work, there's no reason to worry about it, and if there are no red flags in your case everything should be fine.  Good luck!

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Verteres said:

From what I’ve heard and experienced myself it seems that now they have two COs in Kyiv embassy. One CO doesn’t allow the petitioner to be present at the interview (woman) and another one speaks to both, beneficiary and petitioner.
Our case was kinda with red flags and I got couple of not very nice questions but was approved without my fiancé being present. 
My fiancé was super busy at that time too with work and I really didn’t want him to be stressed trying to squeeze that trip in his busy period... 

Timeline

Today, was such a bummer, and just comes to show this whole process can always bring up surprises. I was so sure everything would go well, but of course nothing is a given. Today just reminds me of that.

I thought our case was so easy because we both are young professionals, I have a good job, neither of us has been married before, no criminal convictions for either. I work in a law office and studied at Oxford, so I was like we have such a easy case lol, no way we can be denied. We met up a few times, and most importantly we are really in love. I was even on here like a week ago about to make flight plans and asking for advice lol, but thankfully I did not book anything lol.

So my fiance had the medical exam today at IOM, and they found that famous scar on lung or whatever it is that prompts more analysis. I am sure she has nothing, but anyway they say it will be 2 months to get results. Which is longer than some other countries. So lame news . They said still go to interview just basically you'll be stuck in purgatory until you get results. So lame. Sorry guys just had to vent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 8/8/2019 at 7:14 PM, Verteres said:

Today, was such a bummer, and just comes to show this whole process can always bring up surprises. I was so sure everything would go well, but of course nothing is a given. Today just reminds me of that.

I thought our case was so easy because we both are young professionals, I have a good job, neither of us has been married before, no criminal convictions for either. I work in a law office and studied at Oxford, so I was like we have such a easy case lol, no way we can be denied. We met up a few times, and most importantly we are really in love. I was even on here like a week ago about to make flight plans and asking for advice lol, but thankfully I did not book anything lol.

So my fiance had the medical exam today at IOM, and they found that famous scar on lung or whatever it is that prompts more analysis. I am sure she has nothing, but anyway they say it will be 2 months to get results. Which is longer than some other countries. So lame news . They said still go to interview just basically you'll be stuck in purgatory until you get results. So lame. Sorry guys just had to vent.

Sorry to hear about this minor setback. The process at times feeels like one step forward and 2 steps back.  You will be approved pending the results of the sputum test. Gavin923 also went through this same thing as well last yeAr and had to wait a few months for the results to come back.  Good luck on the interview!

Timeline
On 8/8/2019 at 7:14 PM, Verteres said:

I am very sorry to hear about this setback.  Frustrating I'm sure.  At least you can have your interview so focus on that, ace it and put this unfortunate situation behind you for now.  In a couple of months, everything should come back fine and then it's onward and upward.

Timeline

Can anyone please provide the number they called to schedule their interview in Kyiv with???  Online we are unable to schedule, and waiting for a response from support as to why this may be happening.  Throughout these posts I see many references to calling for scheduling, but nothing specific in regards to the number.  Thank you so much in advance!

no interviews.png

Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 8:47 AM, TastyCake said:

Shiran had said:

<< When we did our interviews could literally schedule it next day. >>

So this would come as a surprise to me.  Did you try calling the embassy at their 703 number?  If you press the button that denotes you already completed your DS-160 you can get a live person.  Maybe they can clarify.  I am wondering if the June calendar hasn't been built out yet.

What is this number for the Embassy?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mike & Oksi said:

Can anyone please provide the number they called to schedule their interview in Kyiv with???  Online we are unable to schedule, and waiting for a response from support as to why this may be happening.  Throughout these posts I see many references to calling for scheduling, but nothing specific in regards to the number.  Thank you so much in advance!

no interviews.png

Hi Mike:

You can call 703-988-7107.  There is a prompt to follow to specifically get to Kyiv and then another prompt or two to get to a live person.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mike & Oksi said:

What is this number for the Embassy?

Mike:

LEARN FROM ME AND MY STUPIDITY when it comes to scheduling an embassy appointment in Kyiv.  When I was in position to schedule the interview, apparently they did not have the entire June and July schedules built out yet.  So I had to settle for a mid-August appointment which was like 2.5 months into the future.  I was shocked the wait would be so long.  My lady was crushed.  We thought we could get an interview in 7-10 days like many of the people who came only a month before us.

Several days passed and it seemed hopeless that I would get anything sooner for my lady.  So I went and booked a flight (I wanted to be with her at the interview).  My typical luck.  Like a week later someone came on here and said they were suddenly able to get a June appointment.  So I went out to the website and there they were... several open appointment slots in June and July.

Needless to say I ate the cost of rescheduling my flight for an earlier interview but, if I was a bit more patient, I would have saved myself a couple hundred bucks.  Just keep this in mind before settling on an appointment time and booking a flight (should you wish to be present at the interview).

Timeline

@TastyCakeSo I just got off the phone with them, THANK YOU!!!!!, and they will release new dates tomorrow, August 15th for scheduling.  Now I can rest a little easier knowing that it was not an issue on our paperwork.  I will plan to be present for the interview, and hoping it can be completed by September 1st!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mike & Oksi said:

@TastyCakeSo I just got off the phone with them, THANK YOU!!!!!, and they will release new dates tomorrow, August 15th for scheduling.  Now I can rest a little easier knowing that it was not an issue on our paperwork.  I will plan to be present for the interview, and hoping it can be completed by September 1st!

If she hasn't already done so, have your lady reach out to Medikom for the medical.  Medikom always gets rave reviews (not sure about the other place).  My lady was quite impressed with Medikom.  Nice facility, very professional.

Others will say schedule the medical soon before the embassy interview.  My lady had her medical 2-3 weeks prior.  The plan was always to bring her here ASAP so, unless your lady has some personal affairs to attend to that might delay her arrival in the states, this should work fine for you.  When my lady called Medikom she was booked for an appointment a couple of weeks into the future.

Timeline

Hello. There are a couple of questions. Thank you for the answers for earlier.
1) We should soon get NOA2, is it possible to get a medical examination for earlier?

2) Can I schedule an interview 2 months in advance?

I thought that everyone from NOA2 to the interview takes 2 months. I'm just afraid when we will be ready, but there will be no open windows for an interview.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Artem&Karolina said:

Hello. There are a couple of questions. Thank you for the answers for earlier.
1) We should soon get NOA2, is it possible to get a medical examination for earlier?

2) Can I schedule an interview 2 months in advance?

I thought that everyone from NOA2 to the interview takes 2 months. I'm just afraid when we will be ready, but there will be no open windows for an interview.

1) You need to wait till you get your case gets to the NVC and you have your KEV # prior to scheduling the medical.  We scheduled ours once it we had that number although many others will tell you to wait until you get directions from the embassy.   But you can definately schedule once it gets to NVC and they assign it your case number. Also, your medical is only good for 6 months (which means you must enter the US prior to 6 months from date of medical) - which is generally plenty of time - but something to keep in mind.

2) you will need your KEV number from the NVC to schedule the interview as well.    Once you have the case number you are probably at least a few weeks out (maybe longer) for the embassy to have your file in hand and be ready for an interview.  Alot of it depends how quickly NVC can ship your case out to the embassy.  

NVC doesn't do alot of processing with the K-1's and they generally move them pretty quickly but anything can happen and their speed has varied slightly over the last couple of years.

good luck!

Edited by GP1977

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.