John & Rose

UGHHHHHH LOL

49 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Interesting,  never even a quibble.   I enrolled him in school,  took him to the clinic and ER, everything without his mom being present 

I suppose it probably happens all the time.  My main concern is if something happens to Rose.  I cannot legally keep the kids.  A court would be required to appoint a guardian and that guardian must be a biological relative.  AJ is already 18 so I will never have any rights with him but Aira is 16 and she can legally be removed.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
38 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I was told to ignore the CEAC home page changes as those new items are only supposed to impact new filers not existing petitions.  The new system is asking for bio pages of expired passports too.  

I just got off the phone and they said her petition is being forwarded to a supervisor and that I should wait 6 weeks for their review. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.  I have no legal status with her kids so having them interview and come here so they get signed up for school won't help since I am not a legal guardian.  If Rose is delayed another 6 weeks at NVC, they will miss the start of the school year here. 

They said there is no other way to escalate this but now I may go to my Congressman.  I suppose the CIS Ombudsman has no authority at NVC.

At this point I would too .. this is to be an EXPEDITE!

And that old passport requirement is going to be a major bear for those in the Philippines .. so often they don't keep the old ones.  (even though they should, my wife has hers and I have mine)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

15 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

At this point I would too .. this is to be an EXPEDITE!

And that old passport requirement is going to be a major bear for those in the Philippines .. so often they don't keep the old ones.  (even though they should, my wife has hers and I have mine)

Yes.  Rose has her last one but they requested the passport from her first marriage.  That was a long time ago.

I just sent my inquiry request to my Congressman.  We will see.  None of this makes sense so I supposed it is normal.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

I have a weird thought...can the kids interview without their mother?  Maybe we can get the VOH so we can do CFO while we wait for Rose to get figured out. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
11 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I have a weird thought...can the kids interview without their mother?  Maybe we can get the VOH so we can do CFO while we wait for Rose to get figured out. 

I-130 are each separate petitions, unlike the I-129F petition process.   Logic says they can interview separately .. but this is the government, so when do they use logic.

BTW that is a very good idea .. IF .. they can interview early and get CFO completed.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I just got the emails from the Embassy for the two kids.  They also need CENOMARs for the kids so that takes a week.  Hopefully Rose's petition will show up by then.  They will all interview together so I can be there.  One step at a time.  Ive called NVC, emailed NVCInquiry and NVCExpedite.  I've also emailed the Embassy and my Congressman.  All I can think of is they lost her petition.  

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, Jaquelly said:

Will you guys ever catch a break!?!!?

2 out of 3 ready and waiting for interview is kind of like treading water.  I want to be excited but my wife's petition with approved expedite has sat at NVC for 33 days and no one seems to know anything about it.

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jaquelly said:

Will you guys ever catch a break!?!!?

No one can doubt his commitment....

Finally done...

8 minutes ago, boris64 said:

No one can doubt his commitment....

There are times I think I should be committed!!!

IMG_5168.jpeg

I woke up to this!

Good Day,

The U.S. Embassy has accepted this case for expedited processing. We apologize as there was a system error in forwarding this electronic file originally. This file will be immediately forwarded to the U.S. Embassy.

Any further questions concerning processing or the interview appointment date should be directed to the U.S. Embassy.

The U.S. Embassy may still request additional forms or fees at the time of your interview. Please be prepared to bring any missing forms and pay any required fees at the time of your interview. 

Thank you.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I woke up to this!

Good Day,

The U.S. Embassy has accepted this case for expedited processing. We apologize as there was a system error in forwarding this electronic file originally. This file will be immediately forwarded to the U.S. Embassy.

Any further questions concerning processing or the interview appointment date should be directed to the U.S. Embassy.

The U.S. Embassy may still request additional forms or fees at the time of your interview. Please be prepared to bring any missing forms and pay any required fees at the time of your interview. 

Thank you.

Getting closer to interview time!!!!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I woke up to this!

Good Day,

Thank you.

Great news!!

'bout time they woke up and smelled the EXPEDITE!

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 6/4/2019 at 10:58 AM, Hank_ said:

Great news!!

'bout time they woke up and smelled the EXPEDITE!

OK.  All petitions are at the Embassy.  I called to make an appointment.  They said that NVC makes the appointment.  I explained that it was expedited and that I was told to call and make the appointment.  They said "I'm sorry"... There are no current appointment dates available but we can try online at a later date.  The phone appointments and the online appointments will use the same information so there is no reason to call.  So now my expedite looks like an August interview at the earliest but I won't be able to schedule that until July when the schedule is online...

I'm getting frustrated now...LOL

IMG_5168.jpeg

WOW.  They also said for CR visa each is separate and they will not try to put them together.  Each interview appointment must be called in separately and each case will be on its own schedule.  They do not attempt to have the interviews together but that may happen on the same day if we are lucky.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.