9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

I have looked at the average time lines and the average for my local field office is almost two years? There’s no way it should take two years, I was thinking 5-7 months max, what is the average right now in months for K1s to get green card? Yes I saw the timelines posted here. 

Edited by LarryHickman

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, LarryHickman said:

I have looked at the average time lines and the average for my local field office is almost two years? There’s no way it should take two years, I was thinking 5-7 months max, what is the average right now in months for K1s to get green card? Yes I saw the timelines posted here. 

12 to 30 months depending on location 

YMMV

8 minutes ago, LarryHickman said:

What service center did you get? And what country is the visa for? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, KJ2 said:

The service center says NBC,  Lee’s Summit Missouri. The country is Bolivia 

Edited by LarryHickman

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, KJ2 said:

Every one starts in Lee's Summit 

Country of origin of the alien is irrelevant 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Some local office are taking 2+ years.  According to the USCIS website, the "official" processing time at the Dallas local office is 15.5-21.5 months - https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/. 

Some are very lucky and get their green card in 5-7 months (or less), but the national average is about 12-18 months.  Expect to have your EAD/AP in 5-7 months, but probably not the green card.

Jason

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Our process took close to 19 months in San Francisco and we got approved last week. its taking a long time to get interviews for a number of field offices where there are more employment based applications for I-485 since they introduced the rule that everyone has to be interview for AOS. SF, NY, Seattle, Dallas, Houston have almost doubled in times since 2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Up to two years for AOS and green card is one of the big disadvantages of K-1 vs CR-1.  Sounds like you did not do your research on all of this before making the choice.  We see this a lot here on VJ.  People are surprised when they learn after arrival in the US with a K-1 that they can't work or travel for 6 months, and LPR status takes up to two years.  This delays citizenship by two years if that's your goal.  At this point, all you can do is wait.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.