Hxn

5months old baby visa reject

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello.

My sister applied last year for US visa she and her daughter got B2 visa for 5years...she and her daughter visted me in US last year for a month. Now she got a 2nd baby boy Alhumdulillah in dec and she again applied his visa to come n see me this year too...they reject saying my sister "you and the new baby haven't travel outside pakistan together so we r refusing you bye" at that time baby was 4months old...the officer didn't talk to my sister not even hello. After a month she applied again. This time officer asked the same que but this time my sister replied that he's 5months old..2nd que was WHY US..she replied bcoz my bro is in US and already have visa so why should i go anywhere else again officer just said no sorry...

Now my sister have to travel somewhere else outside pakistan just to remove this condition ???

There is no such requirement. However, travel history can be a factor. The Co makes a decision based upon the totality of the circumstances. Essentially, they are not convinced that she intends to return home. By law, there is a presumption of immigrant intent and that must be overcome.

I'd suggest traveling elsewhere, then maybe reapply in a year or 2.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

She still have 4 years left on her visa...and she's still on the same job more then 10years.. her husband is also in pakistan. Last year in march she visited me again she tries to come in April...job letter was there bank statement tickets everything... i didn't understand the logic WHY US...she and her daughter already have multiple visa..I agree with your reply too. She still hVe 4years valid visa on job which is high rank job more then 10years husband business and bank statement...everything was there 

The baby and its age doesn't matter here at all.

Your sister probably doesn't have strong ties to her country, no travel history is just an add on. If she keeps applying for B2, then at his point she'll just keep getting rejected.

1 minute ago, Hxn said:

She still have 4 years left on her visa...and she's still on the same job more then 10years.. her husband is also in pakistan. Last year in march she visited me again she tries to come in April...job letter was there bank statement tickets everything... i didn't understand the logic WHY US...she and her daughter already have multiple visa..I agree with your reply too. She still hVe 4years valid visa on job which is high rank job more then 10years husband business and bank statement...everything was there 

??

If she has a valid visa, then what is she applying for? What was she rejected from?

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Looks like you have your GC so at least you can visit them. A lot of travel for someone with 2 small children.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Why isn't the husband going too? That's what normally happens on family vacations.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Two siblings in the US, maybe more family members...  strong ties to the US and repeated attempts to get a visa for the baby.  It will be difficult to get approval.  You may have to go visit her home country if you want to see her and the baby.  Or she can leave the baby with the father and try to enter the US with her visa to visit you.

Edited by carmel34

13 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Or she can leave the baby with the father and try to enter the US with her visa to visit you.

Bit of a challenge to leave a 5-mo old infant by choice

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

Bit of a challenge to leave a 5-mo old infant by choice

She may have to wait a few months or a year until the baby is a little older, then trust the father, parents, other family members to step up and help her by caring for the baby for a couple of weeks while she visits her brother, many have done it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She is working and I would imagine they have a full time Nanny.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Infant probably being taken care of by grandparent/s while mom at work. Nanny system almost non-existent in Pakistan and in S.Asia in general. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.