Annon_

Uploading Documents but too large

8 posts in this topic

Hi, the ceac only allows up to 2MB documents to be uploaded, however we had to print our i864 to fill in some boxes that couldnt be done on computer. We scanned the forms into the computer as one PDF but the file is now almost 13 mb. I even tried compressing but seems impossible to get it to 2MB. What should i do? Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, Annon_ said:

Hi, the ceac only allows up to 2MB documents to be uploaded, however we had to print our i864 to fill in some boxes that couldnt be done on computer. We scanned the forms into the computer as one PDF but the file is now almost 13 mb. I even tried compressing but seems impossible to get it to 2MB. What should i do? Thanks. 

• re-scan with the scanner machine it with low resolution settings. Using software may not be able to achieve this without making docs impossible/very hard to read.
  • I was able to get my lower than 2Mb and still well-readable/very clear.

7 minutes ago, nguoivietnam2019 said:
  • re-scan with the scanner machine it with low resolution settings. Using software may not be able to achieve this without making docs impossible/very hard to read.
  • I was able to get my lower than 2Mb and still well-readable/very clear.

I tried this and it only gets down to 6 mb. If i do any lower resolution then its not readable. Its the affadavit of support form so its 10 pages. Can i upload each individual page instead of as single pdf?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Annon_ said:

I tried this and it only gets down to 6 mb. If i do any lower resolution then its not readable. Its the affadavit of support form so its 10 pages. Can i upload each individual page instead of as single pdf?

There are some software programs out there that will reduce the size of PDF files.  PDF Candy is one.  But for the demo you get ONE free compression, then you have to buy the software.  That is what we did for our documents. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Annon_ said:

First make sure it is greyscale.

Second 300dpi is more than enough for documents.

Open it in some PDF software and save as and select "optimize for web" or something similar.

Another dirty trick: Open it in chrome and print it to the save PDF function.

If you own a macbook and have an old school email, I would recommend getting PDF Expert (there maybe a trial too...)

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

scan as picture and lower the resolution at least 50% using adobe photoshop or acdsee software then combine and transform the jpg file to pdf using jpg2pdf website (search on google)

37 minutes ago, RenoBound said:

There are some software programs out there that will reduce the size of PDF files.  PDF Candy is one.  But for the demo you get ONE free compression, then you have to buy the software.  That is what we did for our documents. 

It worked but it ruined the quality of the document, it is now blurry 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Annon_ said:

It worked but it ruined the quality of the document, it is now blurry 

I'm very sorry to hear that. 

Another recommendation is take the original to a good printing company and ask them if they can compress it professionally.  May cost you a couple of bucks, but you'll get a good copy that way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.