Renegade

Evidence Returned, should I send again?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My photo album with ROC petition got returned due to its size, I am so frustrated, I really think it's an important evidence.

I have my receipt number, should I send the photos to the same lockbox or service center with my receipt number or wait for an RFE (If any?)

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Renegade said:

My photo album with ROC petition got returned due to its size, I am so frustrated, I really think it's an important evidence.

I have my receipt number, should I send the photos to the same lockbox or service center with my receipt number or wait for an RFE (If any?)

I believe everything needs to be letter size, 8.5" x 11". What I did was place two photos per sheet in Word, and added a caption below each with the date and identifying the people in the photos. I assume you can send them in and include your ROC petition receipt, but I am not sure.

Edited by junkmart

c9 AOS Concurrently filed I-130 & I-130A, I-485, I-131, I-765

2019-02-21 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

2019-03-09 Notice received via USPS

2019-03-15 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

2019-03-26 Attended Biometrics Appointment

2019-04-01 Case is ready to to be scheduled for an interview

2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS

2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.

2019-05-21 Card in production

2019-05-22 Card was mailed to you (no tracking)

2019-05-29 Green Card in hand.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

2021-03-23 Package Sent via FedEx

2021-04-01 Package Received Texas Service Center

2021-04-21 I-797C Notice Date

2021-04-26 Notice Received via USPS

2021-05-04 Biometrics were reused

2021-11-16 New card is being produced

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I would recommend calling and verifying if that's ok I remember someone waiting until they received a RFE they sent over their pictures. Also please double check and verify the requirements for submitted evidence. I remember there being a certain amount of pictures and a certain type of size of documents, no folders, binders or anything within that nature. When you do get an clear answer try sending photo's that are significant and meaningful. I only sent a total of 15 pictures each set was for different scenery, days and location. I categorized it by family group pictures, engagement picture, and activities pictures. Hope this somewhat helps. 

NEW Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

OLD  Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

USCIS - 800-375-5283.  NVC - (603)-334-0700

Contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY - https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Just now, IssaCaptureFL said:

I would recommend calling and verifying if that's ok I remember someone waiting until they received a RFE they sent over their pictures. Also please double check and verify the requirements for submitted evidence. I remember there being a certain amount of pictures and a certain type of size of documents, no folders, binders or anything within that nature. When you do get an clear answer try sending photo's that are significant and meaningful. I only sent a total of 15 pictures each set was for different scenery, days and location. I categorized it by family group pictures, engagement picture, and activities pictures. Hope this somewhat helps. 

Thanks for the answer, I'm on line with USCIS Customer Service, I will ask them where to send the pics. I just wanted it to be organized and beautiful :( 

They accepted all the evidence besides the album and I believe my NOA1 is on the way, but my case was sent to NBC and it freaks me out :(

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Here is a good informational link from USCIS regarding Form Filing Tips:

https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips

HTH

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Thanks for the answer, I'm on line with USCIS Customer Service, I will ask them where to send the pics. I just wanted it to be organized and beautiful :( 

They accepted all the evidence besides the album and I believe my NOA1 is on the way, but my case was sent to NBC and it freaks me out :(

Take a look at the USCIS link I previously provided. It should give you an idea as to how they will accept your photos with your petition.

No need to necessarily get stressed about your file getting sent to another USCIS Service Center. I get the impression that USCIS is so buried in applications/petitions/forms, etc. that they are trying all kinds of things to handle and balance their workload. 

Good luck. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Trust me I understand you wanted to give them everything they would ever need and more lol. Just relax remain calm and everything should be fine. you didn't do anything that would cause a denial so you're still in the clear even if that means waiting until you receive a RFE its still a good sign.

NEW Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

OLD  Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

USCIS - 800-375-5283.  NVC - (603)-334-0700

Contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY - https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

2 minutes ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

Take a look at the USCIS link I previously provided. It should give you an idea as to how they will accept your photos with your petition.

No need to necessarily get stressed about your file getting sent to another USCIS Service Center. I get the impression that USCIS is so buried in applications/petitions/forms, etc. that they are trying all kinds of things to handle and balance their workload. 

Good luck. 

Yes I completely understand now how to send photos, the only thing I want to know, IF I can send them now or wait months and months for a possible RFE.

Customer service representative couldn't give me any info, after a long back and forth with my info she said that I need to speak with Tier 2 officer regarding this issue, and I can speak to them only on Friday. So I am gonna call them again tomorrow :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Yes I completely understand now how to send photos, the only thing I want to know, IF I can send them now or wait months and months for a possible RFE.

Customer service representative couldn't give me any info, after a long back and forth with my info she said that I need to speak with Tier 2 officer regarding this issue, and I can speak to them only on Friday. So I am gonna call them again tomorrow :(

You should wait until you actually get RFE as the chance to get it attached to your original file is small. 

If you are worrying too much, then you can send your pictures now just to make your mind at peace. Then if you still receive RFE later, re-send them again (the third time).  This does not really cost much and it may help you reduce some anxiety.

Edited by VNN

Timeline
Just now, Renegade said:

If you don't want to run the risk of losing all of your photos by just sending them back. I would suggest that you wait for the RFE. The RFE will likely have a unique identification number that you will attach to your evidence when you send back your response. That unique number should enable your response (evidence) to be delivered directly to the adjudicator that is working on your petition and who likely issued the RFE notice. To just send in your evidence without a reference number, may result in the evidence being lost. It is akin to trying to find to matching needles in a very large field of hay.

Hang in there, it will all get sorted out. 

1 minute ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

If you don't want to run the risk of losing all of your photos by just sending them back. I would suggest that you wait for the RFE. The RFE will likely have a unique identification number that you will attach to your evidence when you send back your response. That unique number should enable your response (evidence) to be delivered directly to the adjudicator that is working on your petition and who likely issued the RFE notice. To just send in your evidence without a reference number, may result in the evidence being lost. It is akin to trying to find to matching needles in a very large field of hay.

Hang in there, it will all get sorted out. 

Thank you, I think that's what I am gonna do. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Pictures aren’t required evidence for roc, so you will likely not receive an rfe.  

Your best bet is to just hang hang onto them until the interview.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

Pictures aren’t required evidence for roc, so you will likely not receive an rfe.  

Your best bet is to just hang hang onto them until the interview.  

Good point. Of course, who knows with USCIS.  :wacko:

One of the ways that USCIS has been trying to speed things up, is considering for ROC waiver folks that have already had an AOS interview, and their ROC petition is appropriate. They may not get a ROC interview.

That is what happened in our case. We had an AOS interview from hell, no ROC interview and were approved for 10-year GCs.

YMMV. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

Good point. Of course, who knows with USCIS.  :wacko:

One of the ways that USCIS has been trying to speed things up, is considering for ROC waiver folks that have already had an AOS interview, and their ROC petition is appropriate. They may not get a ROC interview.

That is what happened in our case. We had an AOS interview from hell, no ROC interview and were approved for 10-year GCs.

YMMV. 

If OP is considered for a waiver, again it renders the photos unnecessary.  I mean I get it, I included them in mine, just because I put everything but my kitchen sink in that damn box.  Either way, it’s not anything to stress about or waste time

on the phone with “customer service”.  Roc, more than anything, is a burden filing.  The vast majority of them are approved, and the ones that aren’t, wind up being approved at a hearing (albeit that’s a pain in the ###).  

43 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

If OP is considered for a waiver, again it renders the photos unnecessary.  I mean I get it, I included them in mine, just because I put everything but my kitchen sink in that damn box.  Either way, it’s not anything to stress about or waste time

on the phone with “customer service”.  Roc, more than anything, is a burden filing.  The vast majority of them are approved, and the ones that aren’t, wind up being approved at a hearing (albeit that’s a pain in the ###).  

I am reeally really hoping that we will end up approved without the interview because our case is straightforward and we sent lot of primary evidence (lease, bank statements etc.), and our CR1 journey was really fast without any problems.

I don't understand exactly why my case was sent to NBC if we live in LA, but if it's for interview then we are ready, we have nothing to hide.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.